Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2047 2048 [2049] 2050 2051 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2484485 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #30720 on: May 22, 2016, 03:43:49 am »

Still gonna be useful to exchange a dozen men shooting at you for a still reasonablly vulnerable fleshpile, though.
One wheel short of a wagon

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30721 on: May 22, 2016, 03:48:39 am »

Still gonna be useful to exchange a dozen men shooting at you for a still reasonablly vulnerable fleshpile, though.

Perhaps, but a regular explosion can deal with that as well, without creating a hostile superman in the process. It does have the advantage that it can probably bypass armor to get at the dude within, but the pill itself cannot bypass armor. So it seems the only real situation you can use it without there being a better, cheaper alternative is if there's several armored enemies close together with an unarmored one you can hit with the pill. If shooting the pill into a person like that even works in the first place.

EDIT: no wait, I just had an idea. If mewling fleshmasses, which are small and easy to make more off, are like humans for the purposes of testing magic bullshit and such, then one thing that could be done is make a big 'grenade'- type item with a mewling fleshmass and a pill within it. Upon detonating the nade the pill is force-fed to the flesh thingie to active the armor-bypassing effect and take out armored foes.

And if the new entity is normally formed close to the pill eating person, you could combine that nade with a regular explosion (timed to go off a bit after the force-feeding of the pill) to quickly kill the new gestalt being (which is naked upon forming, iirc) before it has a chance to reorient or arm itself.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 04:05:28 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #30722 on: May 22, 2016, 09:04:17 am »

Out of all the suggestions, I think I like Iron Curtain and Sergeant Steel most. I'm going to go with Sergeant Steel, because it flows nicer than Iron Curtain and it shortens to SS for an added bonus.

Edit: for who's interested, the words were: Magic, eldritch, survivor, loyal, defender

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #30723 on: May 22, 2016, 09:12:19 am »

Screw it I'm gonna put up the belt fed gauss turret up on the player market for 5 tokens or best offer
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #30724 on: May 22, 2016, 09:13:49 am »

it shortens to SS for an added bonus.
Why is this a bonus? I get what SS means, but... as military organisations go, they weren't even that cool...
One wheel short of a wagon

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #30725 on: May 22, 2016, 09:19:23 am »

it shortens to SS for an added bonus.
Why is this a bonus? I get what SS means, but... as military organisations go, they weren't even that cool...
Well, Comrade Dimitri has the whole commissar thing going, so the SS serves as a kind of counterpart there. And I disagree with them not being cool, as far as evil organisations go, their uniforms were pretty swag. 

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #30726 on: May 22, 2016, 09:51:43 am »

Movie Night broadcast begins in about an hour and 15 minutes.

http://cytu.be/r/OUROBORADIO

I'll be taking votes of the people in there to determine what we watch first.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #30727 on: May 22, 2016, 09:58:12 am »

Welp, my new Id just came in. He's not quite as interesting in appearance as Comrade Dimitri, but he's pretty cool regardless.
I bet piecewise could make a game with those things. "Give me your five words. Get the monster born out of your being. Fight other people's monsters for fame and fortune." Heh. We might have joked about obtaining aliens usable line Pokémon in the past, but it looks like we got that after all.

Edit: Oh! Oh! And when you lose, your opponent gets your monster. By extracting your brain.
Oh man that'd actually be really neat.
Hey Piecewise?
Jojo Pokemon?

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #30728 on: May 22, 2016, 10:00:13 am »

PieceWise! I choose you! USE BLACK DICE O' Death!
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30729 on: May 22, 2016, 10:44:40 am »

Welp, my new Id just came in. He's not quite as interesting in appearance as Comrade Dimitri, but he's pretty cool regardless.
I bet piecewise could make a game with those things. "Give me your five words. Get the monster born out of your being. Fight other people's monsters for fame and fortune." Heh. We might have joked about obtaining aliens usable line Pokémon in the past, but it looks like we got that after all.

Edit: Oh! Oh! And when you lose, your opponent gets your monster. By extracting your brain.
Hey Piecewise?
Jojo Pokemon?
Iunno.  But make it. [clamoring intensifies].
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #30730 on: May 22, 2016, 10:59:52 am »

Hey Piecewise?
Jojo Pokemon?
Iunno.  But make it. [clamoring intensifies].
It seems extremely hard to balance.

30 minutes till we begin. We're starting with "The Raid"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #30731 on: May 22, 2016, 11:03:41 am »

Balance? That's not the shonen way.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #30732 on: May 22, 2016, 11:13:15 am »

True, but people tend to whine at me when they get curbstomped because their words didn't evoke anything interesting in my head.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30733 on: May 22, 2016, 11:14:52 am »

True, but people tend to whine at me when they get curbstomped because their words didn't evoke anything interesting in my head.
Then maybe allow more than one 'roll'?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #30734 on: May 22, 2016, 11:19:41 am »

That sounds like the perfect motivation to come up with more interesting words.
Pages: 1 ... 2047 2048 [2049] 2050 2051 ... 2205