Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2031 2032 [2033] 2034 2035 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2484755 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #30480 on: May 13, 2016, 04:50:19 pm »

I had one more area planned for this mission but...I feel like people are getting bored.

Shall we wrap it up and go for something alien and then the last mission?
Yeah, just make sure aliens will eat some of our considerable workforce.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #30481 on: May 13, 2016, 05:19:50 pm »

There's been no real fighting so far for non super vets. Perhaps a bit of murder or combat to let heph get sorted out in the meantime?
One wheel short of a wagon

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #30482 on: May 13, 2016, 05:23:08 pm »

There's been no real fighting so far for non super vets. Perhaps a bit of murder or combat to let heph get sorted out in the meantime?
Like a last vestige of organized uwm forces
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #30483 on: May 13, 2016, 05:30:53 pm »

I've got to admit, the mission brief was "hold this area against waterworld gangsters "but all we did was sit around while the idiots killed random civilians unopposed, then flew to another place and sat on a fucking mountain while a team was sent to attack the only form of resistance encountered, the mayors bodyguards.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #30484 on: May 13, 2016, 05:33:47 pm »

I'm up for whatever (not on an evac team anyway), but doesn't the Hep situation need to be resolved before we go on a new mission, since the outcome of that would influence what we do next?
Perhaps when they're done, Hephaestus will be the alien world?
 Alternatively, the Death Radio Star in the Orgyverse after we build a big teleporter.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30485 on: May 13, 2016, 05:48:29 pm »

I'm up for whatever (not on an evac team anyway), but doesn't the Hep situation need to be resolved before we go on a new mission, since the outcome of that would influence what we do next?
 Alternatively, the Death Radio Star in the Orgyverse after we build a big teleporter.
Alternatively, the Death Radio Star in the Orgyverse after we build a big teleporter
the Radio Star in the Orgyverse

Yes let's do this.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30486 on: May 13, 2016, 06:41:09 pm »

Come join the Orgyverse colonisation ship? =P I'd feel safer with Miya as our leader xD As it is I'm not sure if this move will doom my character
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #30487 on: May 13, 2016, 07:23:43 pm »

Sounds fine to me. Gives the vets something to fight

Come join the Orgyverse colonisation ship? =P I'd feel safer with Miya as our leader xD As it is I'm not sure if this move will doom my character
Agreed
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30488 on: May 13, 2016, 11:03:24 pm »

I dunno, it seems like whenever things are getting interesting everyone gets suddenly yanked to the next location. I was kinda looking forward to finally getting to use some of my guns and grenades in my dramatic escape from the local constabulary. :-\

Run another mission if you're feeling inspired for it! Up to you. There are still plenty of people interested... although I guess the knowledge that the game as a whole is soon to end might have taken the wind out of some people's sails. *shrug*
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #30489 on: May 13, 2016, 11:05:56 pm »

I came on this mission literally only so I could get back to the Sword at some point, so I'm cool with whatever.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #30490 on: May 14, 2016, 02:21:32 am »

I wanted to fight militias and quell riots.

neither thing was available to murder.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #30491 on: May 14, 2016, 02:22:28 am »

I dunno. I can't challenge anyone anymore. Everything just gets killed to easily unless I just make it bullshit.

I don't know.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30492 on: May 14, 2016, 02:31:12 am »

Not every challenge has to be martial though. Fling some people at a new universe and tell them to get a colony running. And maybe make so a bunch of our tech doesn't work there, that would severely level the playing field if you do want some combat encounters.

Or maybe give a/some players control over the last island's defenders, see what they come up with.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 02:35:38 am by Radio Controlled »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #30493 on: May 14, 2016, 07:01:50 am »

I dunno. I can't challenge anyone anymore. Everything just gets killed to easily unless I just make it bullshit.

I don't know.
yeah, It's been pretty hard to challenge the M26 team. I mean, we made friends with the Spiderverse, after all, actually stopped an incursion of Lurker, and are making creatures larger than planets our bitch in recursiveverse.

Only eldritch abominations that eat universes even slow us down anymore, and we just throw other abominations at them to see what happens nowadays.

I got an end game character without modifying him at all (besides one level up worth of xp) and without spending a single token. Weird.

But yeah, you are going to have to consider ways to challenge strong characters. I always expected that you were going to eventually dump the Avatar and others like that onto Altered level worlds where they had to pretty much obliterate the countryside to survive, anyway. In fact ... that's still an option.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30494 on: May 14, 2016, 09:14:47 am »

To elaborate on that previous example, you could divide the mission into a few 'categories', eg. category 1 gets an autocolony and goes to a 'nice' universe. Category 2 maybe gets one but goes to a much harsher universe, category 3 gets the really shitty/hostile universes (and goes with or without, depending). There could be multiple groups (going to different universes, or different locations in the same universe) per category depending on how big you want each team to be. Then people need to try and get their colony into a sustainable state while dealing with any crisis that comes up. Those with an autocolony AI can ask it for guidance on how to proceed and get small tasks from it, a sort of gm guiding hand, while those without just gotta figure something out on their own (or hope their mind roll helps them). Then after a certain (pre-determined if possible) amount of time their performance is reviewed, and based on that their epilogue is partly determined (aka people have to earn their happy ending). Then a last graceful bow, curtains, exit stage left.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 09:40:49 am by Radio Controlled »

Pages: 1 ... 2031 2032 [2033] 2034 2035 ... 2205