Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2026 2027 [2028] 2029 2030 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2485300 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #30405 on: May 06, 2016, 07:31:06 pm »

It frustrates me immensely that the seemingly perplexicon-like magic system is only known to Egan, and therefore I can't fiddle with it.   >:(
I could send you the system to check out, if PW's alright with that.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #30406 on: May 06, 2016, 07:47:42 pm »

It frustrates me immensely that the seemingly perplexicon-like magic system is only known to Egan, and therefore I can't fiddle with it.   >:(
Pls I need it for my plans to make jackson an alot herding angel of dakka-y death.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #30407 on: May 06, 2016, 08:43:33 pm »

So, just checking for clarification: What's going on, and should I have Petra evacuate/have already been evacuated from the last time it was necessary?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #30408 on: May 06, 2016, 08:48:04 pm »

I could probably tinker with it myself. I like what I've seen you do with it. I think it is pretty interesting.

I love how my character is completely out of comms right now and how that is saving is ass. He may be the only survivor of M26 if this goes bad.
We'll survive, even if it means a hasty relocate to Orgyverse and a new war. We'll bring all our origin tech and do stuff there.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #30409 on: May 06, 2016, 08:49:00 pm »

Congrats on finding another outer god, team 26.

Say what you will about Gus, but if there's one thing he's good at (and there probably only is), it's stumbling upon hostile extra-universal entities. And horrific universes in general.

So, just checking for clarification: What's going on, and should I have Petra evacuate/have already been evacuated from the last time it was necessary?

We may have stumbled upon another evil god of some sort.

Spoiler: From mission 26 (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #30410 on: May 06, 2016, 10:35:07 pm »

@Egan
I'd love that.

@Ozark
I find your optimism disturbing.

Really though, we don't have the capability to seriously relocate to orgyverse.  EUE inaccuracy means that pretty much every transfer will send its payload to a very different location, unless we only send stuff relatively near the origin point--which is in the center of an alien empire.  While we could probably win a war with them due to our advanced tech, that's with the backing of a forge world and the tactical benefits of EUEs.  I doubt we could win a war only with what we can send before Heph gets destroyed.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #30411 on: May 06, 2016, 11:28:35 pm »

@Egan
I'd love that.

@Ozark
I find your optimism disturbing.

Really though, we don't have the capability to seriously relocate to orgyverse.  EUE inaccuracy means that pretty much every transfer will send its payload to a very different location, unless we only send stuff relatively near the origin point--which is in the center of an alien empire.  While we could probably win a war with them due to our advanced tech, that's with the backing of a forge world and the tactical benefits of EUEs.  I doubt we could win a war only with what we can send before Heph gets destroyed.
PShhah. We send colonization groups far and wide, for survival, and send a larger group to near origin for cohesion. that group builds an EUE on OrgyPlanet, or does some scouting. If the enemy is as dangerous as you fear, we fly until we pass their borders. the only reason to send to origin is to have a large enough, stable enough group for systematic colonization, and stasis can keep them cozy for the long flight out to whereever. the outliers are a crapshoot, but sent out in hopes that one or more survive. With autocolonies that actually shouldn't be that challenging.

But I meant "We will suvive" more imediately, as in "We PCs will survive this encounter b getting the fuck out of dodge." You overestimate my optimism by a considerable margin. As far as I am concerned, the only probable human survivors of this whole fiasco are in recursive creature verse. We have no other self sustaining colonies anywhere, even cavernverse, and slim to no likelihood that cavernverse' EUE will yield safer options than we have already seen. In that, you are the optimist, not I.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30412 on: May 06, 2016, 11:35:06 pm »

Should we just start spamming claymore probes in its general direction and hoping that it's vulnerable to poorly-understood reactive armor?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #30413 on: May 07, 2016, 03:03:36 am »

Send Maurice in.

It'd be poetic if nothing else, and he might be able to talk to it.

Remember that +4 mind he couldn't save the universe with the first time.
One wheel short of a wagon

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30414 on: May 07, 2016, 03:49:24 am »

I'm gonna respond to M26/Hep-related things in the Hep OOC, seems like it'd be better in there.

I thought Egan's previous char was the only one who could use that kind of magic? Or was the power really tied to the player due to metacancer?

Send Maurice in.
It'd be poetic if nothing else, and he might be able to talk to it.
Remember that +4 mind he couldn't save the universe with the first time.

Yes, let him add another inter-dimensional waifu to his eldritch harem collection, why don't you.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 03:51:33 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #30415 on: May 07, 2016, 03:55:27 am »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #30416 on: May 07, 2016, 04:20:45 am »

HRHRHRHEUHRJGHRGRGG

sorry, reflex
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30417 on: May 07, 2016, 05:50:30 am »

Does Gus have shitty fate? I'm beginning to think our stats influence universe results, and fate would be a likely candidate to affect that. This is the second time Gus has pulled a string of shitty universes in one go, one of which being severely dangerous xD
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #30418 on: May 07, 2016, 07:27:25 am »

Ozarck, those 0, 0, 9; 0, 9, 0 and 9, 0, 0 you explored on last turn? Only one of them was actually new. Other two were confirmed nulls. Remember to check with wiki when sending stuff to new verses.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #30419 on: May 07, 2016, 07:29:35 am »

Does Gus have shitty fate? I'm beginning to think our stats influence universe results, and fate would be a likely candidate to affect that. This is the second time Gus has pulled a string of shitty universes in one go, one of which being severely dangerous xD
Gus' fate is +1. So yes.
Pages: 1 ... 2026 2027 [2028] 2029 2030 ... 2205