Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2016 2017 [2018] 2019 2020 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2487791 times)

Nunzillor

Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #30255 on: April 18, 2016, 03:03:39 pm »

I actually did have a full numbered action dedicated to studying the effects of SD.  IIRC, I was going to take a large number of the wunderkinders and shove them into intentionally sabotaged stasis machines while they were still toddlers.  I had no idea whether they'd come out fully affected by SD, or just dead, so I kept the action secret to avoid Nik messing with it.  I can go dig up the PM if you're curious.

Also, Emp, Saint fully believes that he is affected by SD, and he said as much in that message.  It's the only logical explanation why he's so skilled at Tinker and general admin-ship, despite his backstory giving no hint of any such skills.  He believes that either SD grants the abilities observed in ARM operatives (as indicated by Freeman's ability being supernatural, and by how 4 has physical evidence of her past tattooed on her), or everyone always had those abilities, were deliberately kidnapped because of them, and the SD was just used to make them forget their true histories and loyalties (As shown by how the dossiers are apparently subconciously written by the people they're about, how the supernatural abilities of SD didn't start appearing until M1, and how the supernatural effects aren't observed in any group of people aside from ARM (though that could be due to specially designed stasis machines, and Saint has suspicions that alternative explanations are possible)).

The experiments I was gonna run were meant to define which explanation was correct.  Wunderkinders don't gain superpowers from being put in stasis machines?  Then SD isn't what grants the powers, it's just the catalyst or entirely irrelevant.  Or, the effect can't be replicated without spending centuries on it, which is really just a setback for Saint.  He does intend to live forever, after all.
I didn't think 4 would live past today, frankly.  Reply to Saint coming soon.  I'd be very interested in whatever exact methodology you've come up with, if you don't mind sharing at this point. 

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30256 on: April 18, 2016, 03:08:43 pm »

Live Four Abigail want's her big sis :'(
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Nunzillor

« Reply #30257 on: April 18, 2016, 03:10:56 pm »

Aww, well, I'll see what I can do.   :)

Is Saint aware of Nia?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 03:13:20 pm by Nunzillor »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #30258 on: April 18, 2016, 03:18:26 pm »

Found it.  I kinda doubt the methadology is terribly interesting, as I am not a real scientist and Saint's even worse in many ways, but here you go.

Spoiler: Old PM (click to show/hide)

No, this PM was never answered, sadly.  It was the last action I made before Heph's thread was completely shut down, which is why Saint said his research was interrupted by Origin's corruption--it literally was.

...Also, Saint wouldn't share exactly what his research entailed, for the obvious reason that it potentially included mass child murder.  He doesn't care much about what random troopers think of him, but that just means he cares a little.  Who knows, someday one of them might decide to assassinate him.

PREPOSTEDIT:
Nia is Ao's traitor character, right?  Saint isn't aware of him, no.  He could learn of Nia pretty easily, but he only reads the mission reports after missions are concluded (Partially because that's my plan with M27).  If Nia starts displaying symptoms of SD, that would throw a spanner in all Saint's ideas, at least if Nia doesn't spend time in stasis first.

Nunzillor

« Reply #30259 on: April 18, 2016, 03:34:33 pm »

-removed.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 06:48:38 pm by Nunzillor »

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #30260 on: April 18, 2016, 04:12:17 pm »

Wait...you're about to lob an explosively flammable and poison gas producing weapon into a foam coated enemy in the middle of a suburb. This might result in the entire suburb catching fire...Which would probably be bad.

He says it like it's a bad thing.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #30261 on: April 18, 2016, 04:31:10 pm »

Finally had some time to skim through the OOC thread. Haven't had time to read the other threads. But from what I gather from your comments, things are still as fun as they were when I left them.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30262 on: April 18, 2016, 04:46:51 pm »

By the way, do you skip the chatter thread as well? Cause coordinating the team can get difficult in that case.

EDIT: Hey toaster, any reason you didn't also use your 5 sec reset to revert all the damage done, Like what Miya did? It might still not be too late if you try it this turn and put up your cutest puppy dog eyes for piecewise.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 05:00:13 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #30263 on: April 18, 2016, 05:19:04 pm »

Yeah, sorry if you said anything important and I missed it. Write in the thread or shoot me a PM if it's something important. It's not like there's tool much going on there, so I think piecewise wouldn't mind an important piece of chat getting written there. Again, I should had probably notified you, sorry.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #30264 on: April 18, 2016, 07:28:12 pm »

By the way, do you skip the chatter thread as well? Cause coordinating the team can get difficult in that case.

EDIT: Hey toaster, any reason you didn't also use your 5 sec reset to revert all the damage done, Like what Miya did? It might still not be too late if you try it this turn and put up your cutest puppy dog Triceratops eyes for piecewise.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #30265 on: April 18, 2016, 07:41:05 pm »

In response to the chat thread (or rather on the topic of it), I'd like to think that what everyone says is happening during the time between the last action and update and the next one. Like Jack's talking while he's currently cracking skulls open with the stun baton getting shot up, preparing to retreat out
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 07:44:33 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #30266 on: April 18, 2016, 11:45:03 pm »

PREPOSTEDIT:
Nia is Ao's traitor character, right?  Saint isn't aware of him, no.  He could learn of Nia pretty easily, but he only reads the mission reports after missions are concluded (Partially because that's my plan with M27).  If Nia starts displaying symptoms of SD, that would throw a spanner in all Saint's ideas, at least if Nia doesn't spend time in stasis first.
Technically she's been in stasis before, hopping off to quell little rebellions. Trinity 3 isn't her home planet nor was it intented to be her permanent station. But as a player I try to steer away from stasis dementia.

Well, there's the recent exception of my mind purge.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 12:12:38 am by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30267 on: April 19, 2016, 12:19:03 am »

PREPOSTEDIT:
Technically she's been in stasis before, hopping off to quell little rebellions. Trinity 3 isn't her home planet nor was it intented to be her permanent station. But as a player I try to steer away from stasis dementia.

Well, there's the recent exception of my mind purge.
Nah, that's just the result of standing near Trier for any amount of time. He makes everyone within a 20 foot radius less competent just by existing.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #30268 on: April 19, 2016, 12:33:26 am »

Really? He ought to be shot then.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #30269 on: April 19, 2016, 01:46:27 am »

Really? He ought to be shot then.
I have plans for him.
Well, maybe.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 2016 2017 [2018] 2019 2020 ... 2205