Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2013 2014 [2015] 2016 2017 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2488317 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #30210 on: April 15, 2016, 11:24:24 pm »

I wonder ... PW says origni tech works "quite well" over there. Does this mean that it works as well as in our universe, better, nearly as well? Does it mean it works without the threat of Lurker induced instability? Is Lurker's link with Origin tech able to cross the universal divide, or is it not?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #30211 on: April 15, 2016, 11:38:54 pm »

I wonder ... PW says origni tech works "quite well" over there. Does this mean that it works as well as in our universe, better, nearly as well? Does it mean it works without the threat of Lurker induced instability? Is Lurker's link with Origin tech able to cross the universal divide, or is it not?
Remember Maurice's motto!

Well...not literally, but figuratively this time. No better way to find out than to try with reckless abandon!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30212 on: April 16, 2016, 12:03:46 am »

It's ironic because the game runs just fine, even on high and max settings. It's just that when I get near a bonfire it crashes straight to desktop. And judging by the forums, it's pretty common. Seems a bizarre thing to get past QA

Sometimes bad graphics issues can be pretty localized, even when relatively common, and difficult to figure out.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #30213 on: April 16, 2016, 05:47:08 am »

Remember Maurice's motto!

Well...not literally, but figuratively this time. No better way to find out than to try with reckless abandon!
I probably will. Saint will be pissed.

Nunzillor

« Reply #30214 on: April 16, 2016, 07:59:20 am »

Umm... what do you guys think Lyra and the shuttle should do during the mansion raid?  Take care of runners (I'm really not sure how they're escaping....)?  Or go after the leader or something else?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 08:02:35 am by Nunzillor »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30215 on: April 16, 2016, 10:27:36 am »

I think it's bad for Lyra to go into the mansion if others are also doing so. she's glass - no armor, low End score, no suit. Her only defense is her dex, which *is* +4, so she can dodge a ton, but some things can't be dodged. If she were going in alone, it'd be fine, because she'd avoid most threats simply by being invisible, but with others going in and going loud she's at risk of being caught in the fighting, and being invis is a double-edged sword in that situation, because she could be hit by either side.

Runners are escaping because only the roads out were covered. people are free to enter the woods and go cross-country if they want to escape.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Nunzillor

« Reply #30216 on: April 16, 2016, 10:33:24 am »

Ah, thanks.  When we made a map, piecewise did say that the "entire plantation area is fenced in with what looks like a fairly tall fence topped with razor wire" though.  That's where my confusion is stemming from— when he says entire plantation area, does that just mean the roads?  edit: or maybe the plantation area doesn't include the mansion?

Also, that makes sense for Lyra.  I think she could best help by catching runners then, unless there is a better option?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 10:36:38 am by Nunzillor »

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #30217 on: April 16, 2016, 11:02:18 am »

Erm... why are we capturing runners again? Is it to stop them spreading word of our arrival? I've been worrying a bit about the numbers of unwilling "refugees" we got off the last island. We aren't going to be able to get a meaningful proportion of humanity out in time anyway, so there's no huge moral incentive to get every last person - it'll be unfair whatever we do. And would the best people to start a new race of humans be people who hate our guts and would have rather stayed behind?
One wheel short of a wagon

Nunzillor

« Reply #30218 on: April 16, 2016, 11:05:48 am »

Well, the problem I see is them spreading word of our activities and causing chaos.  If they tell others that a group of militants is shooting up the plantation area, they could cause some panic that could hinder our ability to gather willing refugees (who will decrease in number when news of this sort of thing spreads).

It's better if they see us the way Blizzard and Typhoon are presenting themselves rather than an invading, attacking force.  Edit: that's why containment of chaos and dealing with witnesses is important, in my opinion.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 11:51:09 am by Nunzillor »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #30219 on: April 16, 2016, 11:20:47 am »

Erm... why are we capturing runners again?

WAR AGAINST FITNESS

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30220 on: April 16, 2016, 11:57:56 am »

Pancaek: 2
Multiple multi-ton nuclear explosives: 0

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #30221 on: April 16, 2016, 11:59:33 am »

Jackson:3
Many many people with gauss rifles:Jack's wings.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30222 on: April 16, 2016, 12:01:23 pm »

And a signifigant amount of his blood. You seem to have forgotten that those wings weren't made of plastic. He had major arteries and veins going through them. you do realize Jackson is bleeding to death, right?

EDIT: considering that he had dual simultaneous amputations, I'd give him about 12 seconds to treat it or die. maybe less. I'm assuming he's wearing a MCP-style suit that would be applying pressure and slowing the bleeding.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 12:05:57 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #30223 on: April 16, 2016, 12:05:28 pm »

And a signifigant amount of his blood. You seem to have forgotten that those wings weren't made of plastic. He had major arteries and veins going through them. you do realize Jackson is bleeding to death, right?
Yep!...I just hope to have enough time to retreat to a safe area and chuck all my non lethal grenades...then maybe create an opening for the rest of the team if I can.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Nunzillor

« Reply #30224 on: April 16, 2016, 12:07:10 pm »

Aww, I quite liked Sir Jackson.  Vanessa should be able to revive him if he does die and we can recover his corpse, at least.
Pages: 1 ... 2013 2014 [2015] 2016 2017 ... 2205