Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2005 2006 [2007] 2008 2009 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2491233 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #30090 on: April 10, 2016, 09:23:54 pm »

eh, the problem with 682 isn't that it is incredibly tough. The problem is that it has plot armor. It's designed, like so many characters in comics (i know, scp isn't a comic, though it reads like one), to be a force of nature constrained within a limited body. It embodies sapient hatred in animal form, just like that other specimen - the computer that hates humans, embodies technological hatred of humanity in limited form, and the statue that doesn't move when being obsered embodies another aspect of death. Something like the expected, but unavoidable. Again, contained in a limited body. the limits are another form of plot armor as it brings these dangers into a 'manageable' form (the C in SCP) , and therefore into the realm of human interaction.

So inevitably, it wold evolve some mysterious resistance to each of those methods of removal, while remaining just limited enough to capture and contain.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #30091 on: April 11, 2016, 01:27:16 am »

Given that it's been thrown in a machine that alters universal constants inside a chamber and when the settings were set to the most ludicrously hostile stuff like mass not holding together and the speed of light going 2 meters an hour or whatever it survived and even though it lost a bunch of it's mass it had a look on its face like it was enjoying it.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #30092 on: April 11, 2016, 04:58:13 am »

To: people injecting the crystal stuff into them.

That tempkilled my last character in a horrible way, and I'm pretty sure it was only a "tempkill" because I was literally standing in the medbay next to the Doc.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30093 on: April 11, 2016, 05:07:10 am »

To be fair they'd be doing it next to the closest thing to the Doctor we have on mission.
Though Xan's becoming even more apathetic than him to regular medical issues.
Sig! Onol

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #30094 on: April 11, 2016, 07:33:57 am »

Given that it's been thrown in a machine that alters universal constants inside a chamber and when the settings were set to the most ludicrously hostile stuff like mass not holding together and the speed of light going 2 meters an hour or whatever it survived and even though it lost a bunch of it's mass it had a look on its face like it was enjoying it.
there was a book that made things become real that were written in them, and someone wrote "the thing that would kill 628" or something like that, and it broke the book. Plot armor. the only things to have noticably affected 628 (am I even using the right desingation number?) were the statue that moves when no one is observing it, and that one SCP leader who, though completely human, could essentially reverse engineer situations to get what he wanted -and he wanted to ride 628, so he threw cat piss at a vampire.

I have now exhausted about half of my knowledge of SCP.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #30095 on: April 11, 2016, 07:41:56 am »

there was a book that made things become real that were written in them, and someone wrote "the thing that would kill 628" or something like that, and it broke the book. Plot armor. the only things to have noticably affected 628 (am I even using the right desingation number?) were the statue that moves when no one is observing it, and that one SCP leader who, though completely human, could essentially reverse engineer situations to get what he wanted -and he wanted to ride 628, so he threw cat piss at a vampire.

Wat?
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #30096 on: April 11, 2016, 08:34:23 am »

Wat?
To clarify a little, said Vampire was an SCP to be decommissioned and they always get silly with decommissioned SCPs.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #30097 on: April 11, 2016, 08:35:00 am »

Ah.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #30098 on: April 11, 2016, 08:40:03 am »

Also, just from my memory I believe that that story was changed because people felt it was too silly for the universe or made the heads seem too powerful

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30099 on: April 11, 2016, 11:50:14 am »

Also, just from my memory I believe that that story was changed because people felt it was too silly for the universe or made the heads seem too powerful
Don't think so.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30100 on: April 11, 2016, 03:26:07 pm »

Pancaek, now that you've lost your original body, it's the perfect time to try on one of the crystal monsters now 100% guaranteed to not explode… probably.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30101 on: April 11, 2016, 03:27:16 pm »

Pancaek, now that you've lost your original body, it's the perfect time to try on one of the crystal monsters now 100% guaranteed to not explode… probably.
They're on the other side of the planet from us.
Sig! Onol

Nunzillor

« Reply #30102 on: April 11, 2016, 03:28:54 pm »

You could save one and bring it back to the Sword.  That would be interesting.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30103 on: April 11, 2016, 03:32:45 pm »

You could save one and bring it back to the Sword.  That would be interesting.
Good idea.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #30104 on: April 11, 2016, 03:33:35 pm »

First I'll have to get out from the bottom of the sea. I still don't feel like sticking my mask on explodey crystals though.
also
Comrade physically tackles one of them to the ground at the last moment
Macho Man Comrade Dimitri, jumping in from the side of the ring and pile driving an aircraft. Ooooh yeah.

Moreover, that's two nukes to the face survived. Only one more and I'll have Tsutomu Yamaguchi's record beat, and he didn't even tank them with his face. Turns out that 32 token mythril armour wasn't such a bad idea after all.
Pages: 1 ... 2005 2006 [2007] 2008 2009 ... 2205