Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1979 1980 [1981] 1982 1983 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2494786 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #29700 on: March 16, 2016, 04:13:17 pm »

Heh, yeah, there's little to bring against the ooc argument of "because murder is hilarious". It's the principle that seems to inform the majority of actions around these parts anyways.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29701 on: March 16, 2016, 04:20:57 pm »

Heh, yeah, there's little to bring against the ooc argument of "because murder is hilarious". It's the principle that seems to inform the majority of actions around these parts anyways.

I guess now we know the psychology behind most alien invasions: detachment to the point where actions are mostly considered on basis of hilarity.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #29702 on: March 16, 2016, 05:20:52 pm »

I guess now we know the psychology behind most alien invasions: detachment to the point where actions are mostly considered on basis of hilarity.

"Dude, why did you mutilate that guy and probed that cow?"
"I dunno. Seemed like fun at the time."

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29703 on: March 16, 2016, 05:40:31 pm »

Sooner or later we're gonna run into a civilisation out there, and it reassures me to know that we will be the incomprehensible murderous extraplanar invaders.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29704 on: March 16, 2016, 05:54:26 pm »

Syv is scaring me!

Why?  I'm treating this pretty much the same way I treat all potentially dangerous anomalous things.  Does the fact that this anomaly happens to be alive and in a shape you are psychologically conditioned and designed to empathize with really make the situation so different?  Do you not think that I'm actually being remarkably humane to the women, despite the fact that their form indicates that they are almost certainly intended to be a weapon?  After all, I'm specifically avoiding invasive surgery, though implanting neotherm inside them would likely make them significantly less dangerous.[/Saint]

Don't worry, I'm just a good roleplayer!  Hehehe.

if the orgyverse isn't too dangerous, may I volunteer to be the first explorer?

Sure, but you almost certainly won't get that honor, if only because other people will go first due to your current position.

I figured, I just like bugging people =P

Also, with two "1st in command"s on this mission, I guess Vincent got bumped out of "2nd in command"
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 05:56:45 pm by Kedly »
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #29705 on: March 16, 2016, 06:18:01 pm »

Well, two other people are now involved in the examination of the aliens.  Dester/Ozark knew Saint would be working in the Orgyverse, so it wouldn't be metagaming for him to check it out.  The last two people are in the analverse currently, but they'll be returning shortly and it would be entirely reasonable for them to check up on what progress was made while they were gone.

As for massacring a crowd rather than surgicaly killing a couple of them... Yeah, that was more an OOC choice that I decided was more entertaining.  I could make an argument about a large sample size, or a larger gun in case a small gun were ineffective, but it would be retroactive rationalization.
I don't think Dester is going to get involved. He's heard about it by now, and is appalled. but he is waiting it out. We've seen some shit, man.

Yep also would you roll dexterity for dancing?
Depends on what you are trying to do. To get the steps right and be technically correct, dex. to appeal to the audience, charisma. Gen know is really only to knwo what the steps are, and in the particular situation Meryl Reggie is in, that's not an issue.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29707 on: March 16, 2016, 06:24:26 pm »

I sure hope this "coastal city" we're apparently going to next has some pizza places.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #29708 on: March 16, 2016, 07:08:34 pm »

Also, with two "1st in command"s on this mission, I guess Vincent got bumped out of "2nd in command"

Well, Saint's been maintaining a position semi-external to the BLOPs team.  You are still second within thr BLOPs, and Saint doesn't really have direct authority over you.  Dester probably has semi-authority over Saint, being the BLOPs lead, and M26 being a BLOPs mission, but he isn't quite Saint's commander either.

Charles is probably similar, being second to Saint, and external to BLOPs, because he comes from Hephaestus' command structure.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #29709 on: March 16, 2016, 07:25:23 pm »

Well, Saint's been maintaining a position semi-external to the BLOPs team.  You are still second within thr BLOPs, and Saint doesn't really have direct authority over you.  Dester probably has semi-authority over Saint, being the BLOPs lead, and M26 being a BLOPs mission, but he isn't quite Saint's commander either.

Charles is probably similar, being second to Saint, and external to BLOPs, because he comes from Hephaestus' command structure.
right. I imagine Dester cold probably lock Saint out of the mission, should it come to that. Vincent has authority under Dester to use all BlOps resources and direct personnel, such as what we brought from M23. But Saint and Charles have authority over all the Heph equipment not specifically granted to Blops for the mission, including sods and whatnot so it's kinda a mix. none of us have exactly been holding tightly to power though. So it's a pretty laid back hierarchy. Now, if command decisions need to be made, I mean, Dester has locked out universes and thelike, so there's that.

Is there something in particular that needs clarification in terms of where Vincent stands? I mean, even the ships we brought are pretty much under his control, having been brought into m23 by him to begin with (with Steve's money ... let's not forget the real authority after all)

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29710 on: March 16, 2016, 07:33:29 pm »

Nah, I was just making an observation. We've all been working well as a team, there hasn't really been a need so far to pull rank. I personally don't enjoy power politics and usually try and stay as far away from them as possible when possible, which is why I happily let you take over as 1st in command when remalle went brain dead

((The observation being that "2nd in command" is mostly a token position when there are two people in "1st". As in two people with the ideas and vision to come up with a guiding plan, and the follow through

I made myself sound petty didn't I?))
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 07:36:32 pm by Kedly »
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29711 on: March 16, 2016, 08:07:15 pm »

I can assure you, Gus will be both shocked and appalled if/when he learns what happened.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29712 on: March 16, 2016, 08:31:02 pm »

I'll fully admit I have little idea of what's going on.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #29713 on: March 16, 2016, 08:42:44 pm »

Nah, I was just making an observation. We've all been working well as a team, there hasn't really been a need so far to pull rank. I personally don't enjoy power politics and usually try and stay as far away from them as possible when possible, which is why I happily let you take over as 1st in command when remalle went brain dead

((The observation being that "2nd in command" is mostly a token position when there are two people in "1st". As in two people with the ideas and vision to come up with a guiding plan, and the follow through

I made myself sound petty didn't I?))
Not at all.

I'll fully admit I have little idea of what's going on.
M23/26 politics.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #29714 on: March 16, 2016, 08:51:27 pm »

If Petra finds out, she'll be appalled at the random murder, but accept that they've been at this longer than her and probably know better.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.
Pages: 1 ... 1979 1980 [1981] 1982 1983 ... 2205