Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1970 1971 [1972] 1973 1974 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2495188 times)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #29565 on: March 11, 2016, 02:23:22 am »

Ah so Abigail wouldn't be priory to immediate medical examination with gray skin?
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #29566 on: March 11, 2016, 02:27:56 am »

This is ARM, gray skin isn't really that much of an abnormality.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29567 on: March 11, 2016, 02:35:38 am »

Yay.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #29568 on: March 11, 2016, 04:00:13 am »

I think the difficulty for this mission is less any big outside threats and more handling the evac in an organized and careful way. I mean, the mission objectives are being failed disastrously, so apparently the mission is pretty dang hard (though that does depend on the definition of hard/difficult used, of course).

I'm pretty sure the mission would be way easier if some genius hadn't told everyone the world was ending. Then we'd just need to abduct a whole lot of people instead of this cat herding business.

I mean, for all his former talk about white-hot truth being too much for mere idiots to handle, Steve sure was eager to dump that shit on the poor slobs on this planet in the hopes that they'll do the right thing.
propaganda is a funny thing. On the other hand, I think the actions of the various team members has made the mission harder than it was originally, more so than the anouncement. i mean, vannessa emerging form the portal in full view of the crowd, someone hacking limbs off without giving the crowd clear and orderly expectations of such things, and of course, the looting and crashing and internal conflicts. I'm not sure what cover story that didn't require evacuation as a response would have made things easier. I mean, most of these people are already refugees on the run from the end of the world. Before, they were ignornt, not of the destruction of their homes, but of what caused it. Now they know why. This gives them some sense of order in the universe, and tehy would then look to you - the order givers - to bring them answers to the problem.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #29569 on: March 11, 2016, 04:44:39 am »

True and time tested HMRC fact: Your team mates are the biggest threat.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29570 on: March 11, 2016, 05:41:32 am »

that sir is a blatant lie.

I included disnemberment in my list of repercussions fir smuggling weapons.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Nunzillor

« Reply #29571 on: March 11, 2016, 05:43:49 am »

The problem was that it was too harsh.  But I shouldn't be complaining, considering I've made mistakes as well this mission.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 05:50:01 am by Nunzillor »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #29572 on: March 11, 2016, 06:39:34 am »

that sir is a blatant lie.

I included disnemberment in my list of repercussions fir smuggling weapons.
Sure, but there's swift and terrible justice, and there's making a formal, public event out of it. Even though the words were said at one point doesn't mean that they were still in anyone's head, nor that they truly expected it to happen right in front of them like that. They are dumb, scared, desperate people. HE needed to be pulled aside onto a platform in full view of the corwd. An announcement then needed to be made, getting the whole crowd's attention.  a reading of the crime committed, a reminder of the penalty, and assurances that this is for teh safety and good of the people - those people in particular. then, dismember, and remind the people to move forward in an orderly and calm manner. Tada! a show trial and intimidating spectacle to get people doing what you want, rather than a shocking experience inducing panic and distrust.

But, I am kibitzing form the sidelines here. I am enjoying reading your missions after all, so no real complaints, just commentary.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #29573 on: March 11, 2016, 02:15:19 pm »

I bet we lost paradise. Permanently. Whatever destroyed the probes will destroy everything we send in from now on.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #29574 on: March 11, 2016, 05:05:39 pm »

I bet we lost paradise. Permanently. Whatever destroyed the probes will destroy everything we send in from now on.
Transdimensional garbage compactor!
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #29575 on: March 12, 2016, 01:29:55 am »

Transdimensional garbage compactor!
Just wait until it comes after you.
Old sigs.
Games.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #29577 on: March 12, 2016, 11:19:53 am »

I've been rather obsessively reading about certain things recently. Certain practices. I'm realizing that it's quite hard to talk about what I'm doing when I want to keep it secret too. I've got a couple pages of history and a diagram of a site written down so far. A lot of my time is spent just reading about things related to this. Gonna work on it more today. Try to get to the next stage, get this core done and work on the reasons for movement.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29578 on: March 12, 2016, 11:31:50 am »

That's a lot of words to say 'updates might be sporadic or short for now while I work on the next cool thing, stand by'  :P

Still, curious what it's all about.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #29579 on: March 12, 2016, 11:47:53 am »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=156898.msg6866620#msg6866620
* Egan Looks nervous.
Good luck. that looks like a pretty straightforward chargen and premise, so you are off to a good start.

I've been rather obsessively reading about certain things recently. Certain practices. I'm realizing that it's quite hard to talk about what I'm doing when I want to keep it secret too. I've got a couple pages of history and a diagram of a site written down so far. A lot of my time is spent just reading about things related to this. Gonna work on it more today. Try to get to the next stage, get this core done and work on the reasons for movement.
Damned tease. Whisper in my ear, Saint Nick, tell me if you would.
Pages: 1 ... 1970 1971 [1972] 1973 1974 ... 2205