Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1963 1964 [1965] 1966 1967 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2495652 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #29461 on: March 07, 2016, 01:22:52 pm »

I personally doubt that PW will be able to do anything that isn't wry and at least a little humourous and self effacing.

I just think that oro seems like a kinda shitty thing to do with the world of ER, limiting it a lot. I mean, PW could tug the plot around till we're the centre of the universe again, but I still think the way Oro is set up would inherently limit an ER setting, which should by rights include every last suburban backwater of the universe.

Oro itself... PW seems to have a lot of ideas for it, which I like. Also, the odd weapons and enemies, along with the developing bosses and urban crawling makes me think of Soulsborne games.

~We gonna make those heirs of cinder sit their asses down.
One wheel short of a wagon

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #29462 on: March 07, 2016, 01:30:40 pm »

I find it interesting that KJ hates lovcraftian horror, but plays ER.  PW loves lovecraftian horror, and it shows.

...And he hates dark shit too!  Why're you even here, KJ?  :P
It's really not a lovecraftian horror story though.

Because it's really not that dark. It's kind of like RWBY before it went to shit. Sure, the universe is kind of dark, but it's really not that bad.

I personally doubt that PW will be able to do anything that isn't wry and at least a little humourous and self effacing.

I just think that oro seems like a kinda shitty thing to do with the world of ER, limiting it a lot. I mean, PW could tug the plot around till we're the centre of the universe again, but I still think the way Oro is set up would inherently limit an ER setting, which should by rights include every last suburban backwater of the universe.

Oro itself... PW seems to have a lot of ideas for it, which I like. Also, the odd weapons and enemies, along with the developing bosses and urban crawling makes me think of Soulsborne games.

~We gonna make those heirs of cinder sit their asses down.
So, in short, you'd be fine with Oro in the style of what he's said about ERoro but you don't like the setting?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29463 on: March 07, 2016, 01:43:18 pm »

I don't want to play oro in the ER universe, no. I'd prefer the original oro because he seems to have planned more for it, but don't have a strong perference.
One wheel short of a wagon

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #29464 on: March 07, 2016, 01:51:40 pm »

I'll be honest, I'm finding it really hard to justify choosing on game over another to myself. Maybe I should just not vote at all.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #29465 on: March 07, 2016, 01:57:11 pm »

My reasons for choosing ORO over ERO are pretty much the same as Ozark's.  We've got a wonderful setting in ER, yes, and it was fun to play in.  But stretching it out and forcing it to go on in a system that isn't very compatible with it, just because we can't let go?  That's cruel and foolish.  ER is over, and any attempts to prolong it are just gonna make things worse.

I also do prefer more negative, depressing settings, and enjoy harder games.  ERO seems too much like easy-mode ORO, which I dislike.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29466 on: March 07, 2016, 02:01:38 pm »

My reasons for choosing ORO over ERO are pretty much the same as Ozark's.  We've got a wonderful setting in ER, yes, and it was fun to play in.  But stretching it out and forcing it to go on in a system that isn't very compatible with it, just because we can't let go?  That's cruel and foolish.  ER is over, and any attempts to prolong it are just gonna make things worse.

I also do prefer more negative, depressing settings, and enjoy harder games.  ERO seems too much like easy-mode ORO, which I dislike.
+1
Oro is oro, er is er. they wont mix well. oro > er beyond > eroro.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29467 on: March 07, 2016, 02:04:52 pm »

my reasons for voting eroro are mainly in line with KJ's, I want ER and oro is basically dark souls with no respawn mechanic.

I really want ER beyond, but I voted for Eroro because I dont see any point to playing ORO, like at all, when the character progression is basically you are newbies in perplexicon getting spawn camped.
its not how many enemies you beat, its how long you can run before they catch you.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #29468 on: March 07, 2016, 02:06:23 pm »

+1
Oro is oro, er is er. they wont mix well. oro > er beyond > eroro.
I think ERORO is fine within the ER universe. It would just be somewhat the same but with a focus more on a single diverse area than us just hopping around all the time.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29469 on: March 07, 2016, 02:07:14 pm »

As long as ORO is filled with dark humor I'm happy.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29470 on: March 07, 2016, 02:11:16 pm »

I think the only real difference between my and syv's opinions on this is that he's hyped for MMWW while I'm hyped for MAINSPRING. If you want my opinion, just listen to him. :P

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #29471 on: March 07, 2016, 02:12:19 pm »

I think the only real difference between my and syv's opinions on this is that he's hyped for MMWW while I'm hyped for MAINSPRING. If you want my opinion, just listen to him. :P
Mainspring would be an interesting world, but no way in hell am I doing that ship thing. That thing was kinda neat in design but I'd hate running it.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #29472 on: March 07, 2016, 02:23:13 pm »

I don't think I can stop being snarky if I tried.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29473 on: March 07, 2016, 02:25:41 pm »

I don't think I can stop being snarky if I tried.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29474 on: March 07, 2016, 02:26:15 pm »

Mainspring would be an interesting world, but no way in hell am I doing that ship thing. That thing was kinda neat in design but I'd hate running it.

MSpaint ships might be a bit much, yeah, but no reason why you couldn't simplify the system, ship classes and models and hardpoints and such.
Pages: 1 ... 1963 1964 [1965] 1966 1967 ... 2205