Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1954 1955 [1956] 1957 1958 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2496027 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #29325 on: March 05, 2016, 12:13:36 am »

Keep in mind, there's, like, big chunks of his moral compass are warring at about the same time, he wants to keep everyone happy, and he hates the idea that someone might have a bad time because of him, and that is horrendous if you encouner someone who seemingly can't be pleased because you want to help them but it's so hard to find anything to do.
Or it could just be frustration borne from confusion.
Bit of both Ed, Bit of both.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29326 on: March 05, 2016, 12:15:10 am »

I'm sure a nice new skincoat will make you feel much better! :D
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29327 on: March 05, 2016, 12:16:13 am »

Dev must be very good at dodging ninja assassins by now.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29328 on: March 05, 2016, 12:49:33 am »

Keep in mind, there's, like, big chunks of his moral compass are warring at about the same time, he wants to keep everyone happy, and he hates the idea that someone might have a bad time because of him, and that is horrendous if you encouner someone who seemingly can't be pleased because you want to help them but it's so hard to find anything to do.
Or it could just be frustration borne from confusion.
Bit of both Ed, Bit of both.

Never forget, PW, that you're the best GM in the site, and certainly the best on the web I've ever heard of.  You run fantastic games, and you're an excellent writer, and you make a lot of people happy.

Just.. being weird sucks.  Having a brain that doesn't function right sucks.  Especially when you're smart enough to know what is wrong.

Plus, well, there's a lot of changes in my life going on, and I need to start a new career because of consequences beyond my control.  While still taking care of some family members.

So.. don't blame yourself, okay?  The epilogue thing sounds amazing.  You run amazing games.  I think the next one might be better with a fresh start, a solid tone, and a more limited scope, like your other games.

Not everyone gets to be happy.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29329 on: March 05, 2016, 12:58:14 am »

The epilogue thing sounds amazing.  You run amazing games.  I think the next one might be better with a fresh start, a solid tone, and a more limited scope, like your other games.
I do agree with all this.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29330 on: March 05, 2016, 02:29:13 am »

GODDAMNIT DEV I WANTED TO KNOW HOW MY PIZZA RUN WENT
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29331 on: March 05, 2016, 04:36:34 am »

If you're reading this Nikitian, which you probably will be, your new character is so dead. Also, have a nice rest cure.

Ahem.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 07:58:29 am by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29332 on: March 05, 2016, 06:15:37 am »

Let's not hold any meta-grudges, I think that if Nik said it was an uncon thing he honestly thought it was. Hell, it could even be pw forgetting for a moment how he said the thing worked before, wouldn't be the first time.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29333 on: March 05, 2016, 07:32:46 am »

I was joking. But if Christopher sees Maurice again, someone will go out of that encounter unable to walk. Probably Christopher, but still.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29334 on: March 05, 2016, 07:57:30 am »

Ah, kay then, misread the tone of the post, sorry.

I wonder what the ratio of people killed vs people saved will be at the end of this mission. For the moment it seems the balance is firmly going for the former! If this keeps up they'll have to request a sticky goop dispersing missile strike just to keep the crowd from going violent and out of control.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #29335 on: March 05, 2016, 08:02:43 am »

((Nikitian told me that was an uncon weapon. He better be damn rested after his holiday.))

And you believed that living alien weapon would be uncon? So far all alien weapons are Exo (and so in skill desription says too).
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29336 on: March 05, 2016, 08:25:02 am »

((Nikitian told me that was an uncon weapon. He better be damn rested after his holiday.))

And you believed that living alien weapon would be uncon? So far all alien weapons are Exo (and so in skill desription says too).
It was described as an outsize glaive. I thought that the sentient blades were more for direction and better stabbing, rather than flying about like a drone or minature helicopter. It's meant to be "seemingly alive", but a nyartifact letting one use alien tech with uncon didn;t seem that weird.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #29337 on: March 05, 2016, 08:37:37 am »

Not too long ago pw posted link to video about the weapon which from Twitchblade was inspired. I guess you missed that.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29338 on: March 05, 2016, 08:42:16 am »

I saw. You throw the thing, it comes back. Would that be exo if there was a drone one it?

I'd say exo would be the thing throwing itself. I mean, if you miss in the game, it matters, it doesn't magically murder a bunch of soldiers just on the basis of your psychic ability.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #29339 on: March 05, 2016, 10:47:56 am »

I saw. You throw the thing, it comes back. Would that be exo if there was a drone one it?

I'd say exo would be the thing throwing itself. I mean, if you miss in the game, it matters, it doesn't magically murder a bunch of soldiers just on the basis of your psychic ability.
It's because you were trying to throw it from too far for it to reach via simple strength alone. The exo kicks in whenever you try to do things with it that are outside the realm of human ability because it is the glaive itself acting.
Pages: 1 ... 1954 1955 [1956] 1957 1958 ... 2205