Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1902 1903 [1904] 1905 1906 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2485389 times)

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #28545 on: February 12, 2016, 03:26:44 pm »

So, I know that grenades use an uncon roll, but how do they use them? To clarify, when you throw a grenade is it uncon for setting the timer and then dex for throwing it, or do you throw the grenade and set the timer through uncon?
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28546 on: February 12, 2016, 03:30:55 pm »

It was explained before that grenades use dex and strength: dexterity for aiming and strength for the force/distance of the throw. Unconventional, I believe was meant to be used only if you're doing anything more complex with the grenade, such as setting a tripwire.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28547 on: February 12, 2016, 03:34:49 pm »

Thanks.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28548 on: February 12, 2016, 03:48:28 pm »

What about setting a stun stick, or changing the setting?
One wheel short of a wagon

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28549 on: February 12, 2016, 03:51:45 pm »

Changing settings/turning dials never called for any rolls except in the case you aren't familiar with the equipment and the dials are unlabeled and/or numerous, in which case piecewise usually rolled Intelligence (nowadays either Mind or Gen.Knowledge, I assume).
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28550 on: February 12, 2016, 05:02:54 pm »

Jason speaks into his helmet to Steve. "Looks like we got ourselves a deserter, Steve. You think it's safe to leave that remote with him?"

Get opinion from Steve. If he okays it, detonate Blizzard 5's (Ulrich's) remote.
Just to be clear, you're doing this after he's buggered off to Hep, right? Because there's avsolutely no way you could know he was doing this instead of just setting up the portal like he was supposed to before he jumps in.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Swords-Otter

• Bay Watcher
  • "there is always hope"
    • View Profile
« Reply #28551 on: February 12, 2016, 05:52:15 pm »

So I started a project and I need contributors. Basically I'm trying to establish a community run universe contained within its own wiki page. If you are interested please check it out, contribute your own ideas, and share it so we can establish a thriving community. I'm sharing this here because there are a lot of creative people here and the world of Einsteinian roulette was a massive inspiration for this project.

here's the link http://shadow-of-the-void.wikia.com/wiki/Shadow_of_the_Void_Wikia   
There are two types of great forts. Theres "hey guys look at my awesome fort were we kill all the invaders and have steel everything". Then there's
 "Holy **** every thing is all ****ed up What the **** have we done ?"

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #28552 on: February 12, 2016, 06:14:25 pm »

What if we were to get a large group of human brains and pump them full with the active ingredients of bluesmokes and intuition stims? Use them as a means to help get a rough danger rating of each set of coordinates?
Why use intuition to find the wrong coordinates when you can use intuition and fate to find the right coordinates?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #28553 on: February 12, 2016, 07:35:23 pm »

So I started a project and I need contributors. Basically I'm trying to establish a community run universe contained within its own wiki page. If you are interested please check it out, contribute your own ideas, and share it so we can establish a thriving community. I'm sharing this here because there are a lot of creative people here and the world of Einsteinian roulette was a massive inspiration for this project.

here's the link http://shadow-of-the-void.wikia.com/wiki/Shadow_of_the_Void_Wikia
you may get some use out of the random generators you can find in my sig link. I often use them for things in er. 

They're html too so you could even host the on the wiki if you wanted to.

regardless it's an interesting project idea. But I think that in order for it to work out you're gonna need to throw down some basic universe guidelines.  Just  the basics of physics and the degree of "hardness" of the universe. The tyranny of choice is often the death of unguided endeavors; people like enough structure to give them something to build off of but enough freedom to feel like their choices matter.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 07:42:37 pm by piecewise »

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28554 on: February 12, 2016, 08:10:27 pm »

Cool! Gonna check this out.

@piecewise
By the way, when's Riker's lunchbox full of drugs gonna run out? or is it some dark artefact that provides unlimited narcotics? :p
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #28555 on: February 12, 2016, 08:25:21 pm »

Cool! Gonna check this out.

@piecewise
By the way, when's Riker's lunchbox full of drugs gonna run out? or is it some dark artefact that provides unlimited narcotics? :p
Like all limited things it will run out at the worst possible time and not before.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #28556 on: February 12, 2016, 08:56:12 pm »

gonna be on IRC. Consider this typing practice.

Swords-Otter

• Bay Watcher
  • "there is always hope"
    • View Profile
« Reply #28557 on: February 12, 2016, 08:58:01 pm »

you may get some use out of the random generators you can find in my sig link. I often use them for things in er. 

They're html too so you could even host the on the wiki if you wanted to.

regardless it's an interesting project idea. But I think that in order for it to work out you're gonna need to throw down some basic universe guidelines.  Just  the basics of physics and the degree of "hardness" of the universe. The tyranny of choice is often the death of unguided endeavors; people like enough structure to give them something to build off of but enough freedom to feel like their choices matter.
Thanks for your input Piecewise. I have some plans to shake things up if it doesn't take off right away. If need be I will establish some rules for the universe, such as magic and what not, but for now I'm going to see if the community can set those down. I want this to be made by the community as much as possible, although I do realize that I may need to set some things in place for this to work right
There are two types of great forts. Theres "hey guys look at my awesome fort were we kill all the invaders and have steel everything". Then there's
 "Holy **** every thing is all ****ed up What the **** have we done ?"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28558 on: February 12, 2016, 09:03:52 pm »

Some clarification on Renen's status:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #28559 on: February 12, 2016, 09:30:23 pm »

I knew it, Trinity 3 is guarded by drug addicted kung fu magical girls. All hope is lost.

I would like to say that this show is really something to be experienced. Gives you a perspective on some things going on right now. Well, it did for me.
Everyone who didn't, go watch that.
This kind of recommendation is useless to me. "Go watch it, it's great!" "How do I know you're not lying?"

Go ahead and prove me wrong. By watching it and denouncing it publically for its flaws.
First episode was fairly hilarious, but dragged and didn't really have a point. I suspect it's alright if you're looking for silly what-ifs but falls flat the instant you stop being entranced by the scenery. Twilight Zone comparison is pretty apt on that point.

TL;DR HEAR YE HEAR YE, BLACK MIRROR 0/10 COMRADE P CONFIRMED FOR PLEB TASTE
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 1902 1903 [1904] 1905 1906 ... 2205