Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1900 1901 [1902] 1903 1904 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2485154 times)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #28515 on: February 11, 2016, 01:57:54 pm »

If you like watching sci-fi things that might make you sad, may I suggest Black Mirror?

I would like to say that this show is really something to be experienced. Gives you a perspective on some things going on right now. Well, it did for me.
Everyone who didn't, go watch that.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28516 on: February 11, 2016, 03:51:55 pm »

How many casualties of our side do you think we'll take and who will be those casualties.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #28517 on: February 11, 2016, 05:23:50 pm »

https://xcom.com/xcom-2-stats

Apparently 2/3rds of soldiers die to "Collateral damage"

Seems about right.
That's actually kind of odd. I wonder if they're including poison and enemy explosions?

I also want to know whether mind control is under friendly fire or killed by enemies or what. I am so close to declaring that any mind controlled agents are to be put down immediately, because every single time they just fucking one-shot one of their comrades on their turn, and then sometimes get one-shot themselves by the resulting panic spiral. Trying to salvage them doesn't seem to gain me anything.

But I swear, XCOM is weak to XCOM. No wonder the aliens started using ADVENT.

The fun for me would be making people describe the ridiculous, broken gear without using the shortcut of the cop-out names or analogies.

Hep universe exploration would either be me doing nothing, or me solving all the problems for you guys by going at them hammer-and-tongs.  I haven't gone over all of them in detail, but some of the problem universes look very fixable by applying scientific principles to it.  Spiders, for one.  There's some potentially interesting problems, but I don't see much of a payoff in fixing them for you.

It might be fun to design all my own gear, but I don't know what the point is to that, in a universe ruled by power-creep and indescribable magic artifacts.  If I can describe it, it will likely be worse than anything 'magic', because...  ?  It also wouldn't be fun because it wouldn't be special.  Anything I make that is allowed to function would be available to the guys who broke the universe, where it would be immediately misused.

I think the only thing that might be fun (other than playing the opposing side and killing you all), would be a character made by you guys, with zero OOC information.  No wiki, no stats, no equipping, I just get stuff and examine it personally, because the names are meaningless.  Reading mission briefings just makes me sad, reading armory items makes me sad, whipping up stats makes me sad, etcetera.  There might be a little fun with examining something and asking a basic question about it's design here and there.
So you want a game you have to be a literal engineer and/or physicist to play, and which mostly consists of being a literal engineer and/or physicist?

If you like watching sci-fi things that might make you sad, may I suggest Black Mirror?

I would like to say that this show is really something to be experienced. Gives you a perspective on some things going on right now. Well, it did for me.
This kind of recommendation is useless to me. "Go watch it, it's great!" "How do I know you're not lying?"

How many casualties of our side do you think we'll take and who will be those casualties.
We have no idea what we're fighting, so there's no way to tell, other than to guess that the more unstable and proactive people will get themselves into trouble. I'd be very surprised if these mooks had anything that could challenge our stronger members, though.

[Cue smuggled amp and first IncidentTM caused by UWM and not us]
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28518 on: February 11, 2016, 05:29:37 pm »

As a reminder, Milno has a block of carbon with him. In case something minor happens to him - loss of all limbs, bisection, whatever - you can just pick up the pieces and put them together so the sharkmist can do its job.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #28519 on: February 11, 2016, 05:32:09 pm »

This kind of recommendation is useless to me. "Go watch it, it's great!" "How do I know you're not lying?"

Go ahead and prove me wrong. By watching it and denouncing it publically for its flaws.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #28520 on: February 11, 2016, 05:36:03 pm »

Go ahead and prove me wrong. By watching it and denouncing it publically for its flaws.
Or do like me Irony, and watch ghost in the shell again. All of it.

On a mission related note, I am incredibly pleased with Comrade Dimitri so far.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #28521 on: February 11, 2016, 07:03:23 pm »

Have a new keyboard

should help with the arm thing though I  need to get used to  it

I'm at all of three words per minute here.

time to practice.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #28522 on: February 11, 2016, 07:05:33 pm »

Have a new keyboard

time to practice.
Wait, what arm thing? What did I miss? Did you lose your arm in a freak deep fryer accident?

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28523 on: February 11, 2016, 07:11:41 pm »

Have a new keyboard

time to practice.
Wait, what arm thing? What did I miss? Did you lose your arm in a freak deep fryer accident?

>That would be horrible and disgusting, PW. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your players. So of course.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #28524 on: February 11, 2016, 08:47:44 pm »

my hands have been hurting a fair bit lately so I've been using an arm brace while typing. Hopefully this will remove the need for that arm brace. Also got a vertical mouse. Both work well,but they take some getting used to.

Ok. A lot of getting used to.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28525 on: February 11, 2016, 09:24:15 pm »

Yeah, that looks like getting used to.

You might want to type things up in something with a spell/grammar checker.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #28526 on: February 11, 2016, 09:37:15 pm »

Yeah, that looks like getting used to.

You might want to type things up in something with a spell/grammar checker.
Gonna use a regular keyboard till I get used to this.  Slowly and surely.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #28527 on: February 11, 2016, 09:50:44 pm »

I know it'd enrage 40 people, but have you considered not typing so much so your hands have time to rest?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28528 on: February 11, 2016, 09:52:13 pm »

Or just doing the turns podcast style for a while wherein you just yell at the *poke* thread people for half an hour.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #28529 on: February 11, 2016, 09:57:50 pm »

I know it'd enrage 40 people, but have you considered not typing so much so your hands have time to rest?
I still need to type a lot for school, so just doing this less wouldn't help a whole lot.
Pages: 1 ... 1900 1901 [1902] 1903 1904 ... 2205