Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1895 1896 [1897] 1898 1899 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2485282 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #28440 on: February 09, 2016, 10:22:03 pm »

Ah.  Yeah, the IOM could win based purely on having more manpower.  I think given equivalent forces, the UWM would win, partially due to generally superior tech, and partially due to not being idiots and actually knowing the meaning of the word "tactics".

The Altered would win against basically anything because they were specifically designed to be a more overpowered version of the standard fleshmonster faction--a category which includes the tyranids.  With tyranids, you shoot one, and it'll die, but with the Altered it just regenerates for a couple seconds before coming right back at you.  Can't actually hurt them with anything short of nukes or lasers.

Lastly, we have any factions aside from the UWM and Altered?  There's ARM, sure, but we're a mini-faction which is really just a radical part of the UWM.  There's Haebi, but they're more like pests than a faction.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28441 on: February 09, 2016, 10:23:21 pm »

Lurker?

Crystal whatever, or are they not?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28442 on: February 09, 2016, 10:25:02 pm »

The union.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #28443 on: February 09, 2016, 10:31:13 pm »

Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Swords-Otter

• Bay Watcher
  • "there is always hope"
    • View Profile
« Reply #28444 on: February 10, 2016, 04:07:14 am »

I was just thinking that if there were some way to open a black hole or a sun we might be able to make one of the empty universes habitable. If we could open a black hole then kill it it could possibly one clean up a bunch of radiation, and two create an energy source suitable for a planet to subside on. It probably wouldn't work, but I'm pretty sure people have tried crazier things in this game.
There are two types of great forts. Theres "hey guys look at my awesome fort were we kill all the invaders and have steel everything". Then there's
 "Holy **** every thing is all ****ed up What the **** have we done ?"

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #28445 on: February 10, 2016, 05:47:00 am »

Ah.  Yeah, the IOM could win based purely on having more manpower.  I think given equivalent forces, the UWM would win, partially due to generally superior tech, and partially due to not being idiots and actually knowing the meaning of the word "tactics".
"Tactics"? Progress, new ideas and reasonable thinking? What is this heresy? The Codex Astartes does not support this course of action.

I was just thinking that if there were some way to open a black hole or a sun we might be able to make one of the empty universes habitable. If we could open a black hole then kill it it could possibly one clean up a bunch of radiation, and two create an energy source suitable for a planet to subside on. It probably wouldn't work, but I'm pretty sure people have tried crazier things in this game.
Do an extreme dyson sphere. Use a pocket dimension as a sun and surround it with black hole pocket dimensions for protection.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28446 on: February 10, 2016, 05:56:29 am »

I just noticed this in Poke thread.
Wasn't there some sort of Containment Gun, or do I misremember?
http://einsteinianroulette.wikia.com/wiki/Containment_Gun
Er, yeah, I wanted that, not the Solid Light Protection Field.

Am I correct to assume this is reference to:

No, it was not.

"Right.  I'll see if I can get these running again...

Ooh, and I can get the Solid Light Thing now!"

Buy the Solid Light thing that I have tokens for.

Because we have three different "Solid Light things" in armory. 6 token Solid Light Protection Field, 6 token Containment Gun and 10 token Solid Light Matter Generator.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28447 on: February 10, 2016, 05:57:59 am »

Yeah.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28448 on: February 10, 2016, 06:27:25 am »

Well, you see how easy it was to misunderstand what item you meant. If nobody else has changed it by the time I'm done with work (~6 hours), I'll fix it.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #28449 on: February 10, 2016, 08:15:22 am »

I havebeen hoping to find a universe where time moves much more quickly than in ours. Or rather, where the timestreams are connected at an angle, so much more time passes in that universe than in ours between connections. that way, we could find a young universe - these nulls are possibly universes that have yet to fully expand and are simply swimming in energy - and simply visit it at regular intervals until conditions are suitable for seeding life. Then, seed our life forms into that universe, hop out, hop in when some planets are nice and cozy, and bam! We could live eons there while evacuating this universe over the course of months or years.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28450 on: February 10, 2016, 09:45:38 am »

When are you guys gonna make real contact with the spiders?

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28451 on: February 10, 2016, 10:59:27 am »

I blacklisted them, so possibly never
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #28452 on: February 10, 2016, 11:27:04 am »

I blacklisted them, so possibly never
Ah, come on, just send a guy controlling a battlesuit-like probe via mask. Leave him there for very limited timespans, starting with seconds and going up to a few minutes. What's the worst that could happen? Aren't you curious to see what's producing all those spiders? Don't you wanna summon the god of parasitic spiders?

Swords-Otter

• Bay Watcher
  • "there is always hope"
    • View Profile
« Reply #28453 on: February 10, 2016, 11:37:50 am »

Don't you wanna summon the god of parasitic spiders?
Not particularly no.
There are two types of great forts. Theres "hey guys look at my awesome fort were we kill all the invaders and have steel everything". Then there's
 "Holy **** every thing is all ****ed up What the **** have we done ?"

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 1895 1896 [1897] 1898 1899 ... 2205