Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1894 1895 [1896] 1897 1898 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2485592 times)

Chromatic Wasp

• Bay Watcher
  • Art by Tae (Raspcherry)
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #28425 on: February 09, 2016, 07:57:27 am »

How many people can pilot the craft? Is it just one, or is there room for a copilot? Furthermore, how would said copilot's actions affect the situation?
Come on up to the stage! Are you trembling with fear and excitement?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #28426 on: February 09, 2016, 08:14:19 am »

Yay! M26 survives again. I fel useless sometimes, but I feel like we have a good team going anyway. Maybe there is a sliver of hope yet ...

Lurker is known to have appeared in multiple places at this point as well, so going after one infected body is likely not going to be sufficient, especially considering that a suicide attack was already made - with an entire warship.

Lurker is, if the description given of it in M21 is true and no0t a simple mindfuck hallucination, larger than the universe. I don't think some of you understand the scale of this thing. it's power, it's mind, it's activity, are all outside our ability to comprehend, let alone control. Had M21 destroyed the conduits, we might have at least held it at bay by virtue of it having some limits as a deity, and our universe being foreign to it's comprehension, But ... i don't know. I think about the only thing that could drive it out now is to completely tear those infected regions out of our universe completely, and possibly we would need to destroy every human brain that Lurker has infected, in addition to tearing pieces of reality out.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #28427 on: February 09, 2016, 09:55:45 am »

New xcom video up, this time with active doodling and such.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #28428 on: February 09, 2016, 10:20:16 am »

We could go for the M.A.D. solution. Use the fact that all origin tech is linked to somehow start a chain reaction that destroys all origin tech and thus all life.

Unfortunately, since the Lurker is in other universes and seems to be more of a force of nature than an intelligent entity (at least in the way we understand intelligence) I don't think deterrence would be something it would understand or fear. It would just leave a desolate and ruined universe behind we could maybe try to reclaim from other universes.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28429 on: February 09, 2016, 10:27:47 am »

You could teach it how to fear..

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #28430 on: February 09, 2016, 12:32:26 pm »

We should punch it in the face. Show it that we're the baddest motherfuckers in the multiverse.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #28431 on: February 09, 2016, 12:49:41 pm »

New xcom video up, this time with active doodling and such.

Hey PW, have you tried out flamethrower you researched earlier? Haven't seen it yet.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28432 on: February 09, 2016, 01:21:29 pm »

We should teleport a haebi planet, and an altered sun into the lurker dimension... Permanently
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28433 on: February 09, 2016, 01:45:39 pm »

We should punch it in the face. Show it that we're the baddest motherfuckers in the multiverse.

I have reached the point where people cannot tell sarcasm from seriousness.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #28434 on: February 09, 2016, 01:51:46 pm »

I have reached the point where people cannot tell sarcasm from seriousness.
Are you saying that getting punched wouldn't scare the piss out of a supposedly untouchable entity?

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28435 on: February 09, 2016, 06:04:47 pm »

Parisbre56 is next! I need example images first, soI'm going to do thread clean-up today instead

Also, Today I Learned that you should never super sample a game unless your computer is a beast among beasts. Remember Me almost melted my graphics card when I tried to super sample it
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 08:30:26 pm by Kedly »
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Swords-Otter

• Bay Watcher
  • "there is always hope"
    • View Profile
« Reply #28436 on: February 09, 2016, 09:45:54 pm »

out of curiosity do we have the capabilities of making a black hole, or what about a sun
There are two types of great forts. Theres "hey guys look at my awesome fort were we kill all the invaders and have steel everything". Then there's
 "Holy **** every thing is all ****ed up What the **** have we done ?"

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28437 on: February 09, 2016, 09:53:24 pm »

Does all space magic fail in other universes? Or does non-Origin stuff still work?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #28438 on: February 09, 2016, 10:09:05 pm »

@Swords
We can make a black hole, sure.  IIRC, we're technically capable of that in real life, though those black holes are super tiny and evaporate instantly.

A sun is more difficult, but depending on your definition, the UWM turned a lot of planets into suns by orbitally bombarding every planet with any Altered on it.  PW said that those worlds are still cooling down, centuries later, so they were probably fairly luminescent initially.

...Come to think of it, wasn't someone saying that ER factions aside from altered wouldn't survive in Warhammer 40k?  I'm pretty sure the UWM (pre-lurker) were at least as strong as the Tau, so I kinda disagree.  Plus, IIRC, none of the warhammer factions have industrially feasible technology which lets them transmute basically any matter into any other matter.  And all their magic is unreliable and prone to infecting the user with demons, unlike ours pre-lurker.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #28439 on: February 09, 2016, 10:14:51 pm »

I'm fairly sure that was me, and no the UWM could definitely survive in 40k for a time at least - hell they'd probably do well. I was saying that in a matchup between the IOM and any ER faction you cared to name the IOM would likely come on top as the victor eventually save the Altered, who they'd likely do worse against since their primary strategy is to Zapp Brannigan the enemy away.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 1894 1895 [1896] 1897 1898 ... 2205