Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1887 1888 [1889] 1890 1891 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2486257 times)

Nunzillor

Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #28320 on: February 07, 2016, 03:26:00 am »

Thanks.  Hey Aoshima, what's your opinion on this?

I know, I know, I'm sorry for retroactively getting more gear when the mission has just started but I didn't realize I've been given extra tokens until just now, could I just retroactively get a 6-pack of paralysis gas canisters and a monomatic razor?

Also, I noticed that the gunnerbot is not in 4's inventory in the cheat sheet.  Is that intentional?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 03:31:48 am by Nunzillor »

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28321 on: February 07, 2016, 04:01:23 am »

Thanks.  Hey Aoshima, what's your opinion on this?

I know, I know, I'm sorry for retroactively getting more gear when the mission has just started but I didn't realize I've been given extra tokens until just now, could I just retroactively get a 6-pack of paralysis gas canisters and a monomatic razor?
Opinion given.

Also, I noticed that the gunnerbot is not in 4's inventory in the cheat sheet.  Is that intentional?

It is under 'Other stuff', should probably move it to weapons.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Nunzillor

« Reply #28322 on: February 07, 2016, 04:07:38 am »

Great, thank you.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #28323 on: February 07, 2016, 05:35:11 am »

If the radio chatter thread becomes too hard to follow we'll do individual threads for each team.
I've got no problem with it, but if people would find it better, you could do one thread for each group of teams as a sort-of middle ground.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28324 on: February 07, 2016, 06:16:55 am »

@chatter: if pw finds it easier for us to keep rp out of the mission thread, then I'm all for that. There's about 40 dang people playing, so he can use all the help he can get to keep sane. And I think the chatter thread seems easy enough to use if people actually use his color and callsign codes, but maybe that's just me. I just skip over everything not either in our team's color or prefaced with 'all signs' or earthquake. I wouldn't go with another mass of threads personally, there's already 8 new ones, creating more will cause more hassle than it solves I think.

@Radio Controlled: A) Does our team get a pocket dimension remote? Or did you buy one?
B) I think you misunderstood how the pocket dimension works. You can't use it to teleport things. You just call a portal to your location. You'd need to have both people have a remote in order to create a portal between them. So unless we all have pocket dimension remotes, I don't see how you can use it to move us around. Edit: Unless I fly around and open multiple portals, if that's something that can be done. Edit2: Or I could store you in the pocket dimension and deploy you when needed. Then I'd have a literal tvtropes:"Party in my pocket"

Miya bought a personal pocket dimension, and bought an extra controller, meaning he can open 2 portals to the pocket dimension at the same time. By placing the 2 portals next to each other in the pocket dimension, it acts like a portal gun (like in the valve games). So as long as Miya has line of sight to a teammate (can only open portals to where you have LOS, as per pw pm) he can 'teleport' them around via portals.

@Radio_Controlled: How are vet team sods? Fleshy or robots? Armor? Weapons?
Robutts, sharksuit armor, basic CON weapons (so Testaments, blasrifles or spektrs and a blaspistol sidearm), a monorazor, some nades (frag, flashbang and goop probably) and finally the odds and ends you'd expect an infantry grunt to have). Good enough, or did you want the specific loadout of every soldier?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 06:20:43 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #28325 on: February 07, 2016, 06:29:51 am »

I still don't understand how the portal works. The description says that the remote calls a portal to your location, not whatever you're pointing at. Has piecewise said it doesn't work like that?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 06:32:08 am by Parisbre56 »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28326 on: February 07, 2016, 06:34:50 am »

when did you buy a pocket dimension?

also did piecewise explicitly state you needed two controllers to open multiple portals?
its been kind of assumed, but i would like a hard confirmation if you can give me one.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Chromatic Wasp

• Bay Watcher
  • Art by Tae (Raspcherry)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28327 on: February 07, 2016, 07:23:25 am »

What's the skill/stat needed for piloting a craft?
Come on up to the stage! Are you trembling with fear and excitement?

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28328 on: February 07, 2016, 07:24:34 am »

AUX
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28329 on: February 07, 2016, 09:03:41 am »

My guy didn't get any gear. Was I supposed to buy my own? (Sorry if I was supposed to mention it earlier.)
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28330 on: February 07, 2016, 09:56:56 am »

Robutts, sharksuit armor, basic CON weapons (so Testaments, blasrifles or spektrs and a blaspistol sidearm), a monorazor, some nades (frag, flashbang and goop probably) and finally the odds and ends you'd expect an infantry grunt to have). Good enough, or did you want the specific loadout of every soldier?
Good enough for me.

My guy didn't get any gear. Was I supposed to buy my own? (Sorry if I was supposed to mention it earlier.)
There was some handouts from Team Fund to some people, but rest bought their stuff on their own.
@RC: Is there any more team fund handouts available for him?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28331 on: February 07, 2016, 12:24:10 pm »

when did you buy a pocket dimension?

also did piecewise explicitly state you needed two controllers to open multiple portals?
its been kind of assumed, but i would like a hard confirmation if you can give me one.
Bought one a while ago, it's all on the wiki.

And yes, you can open 1 portal per controller that you have.

I still don't understand how the portal works. The description says that the remote calls a portal to your location, not whatever you're pointing at. Has piecewise said it doesn't work like that?
If I understood pw's answers correctly, then yes, you can open a portal to wherever you have LOS. So you could open a portal in front of a building, but not inside of one if you don't have LOS to the inside.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #28332 on: February 07, 2016, 12:52:39 pm »

O.O

So many new threads.  This is going to be really difficult to keep track of, though I suppose that comes with having ~fifty players.  For what it's worth, I think the chatter thread is difficult to follow if you're trying to follow everyone, but doesn't seem difficult at all if just following a single conversation.  So, I think it works fairly well, though Paris has used the best posting method.

Very disappointed with undertale.  Would have been much better if pacifist run made you kill someone, and genocidal run had someone you couldn't kill.  Always like it when you are forced to confront your own philosophies.. but the game never makes you ask what you do when the easy answer doesn't work.

http://diggercomic.com/blog/2008/08/22/digger-533/

One of the greatest pieces of web fiction I've read was Digger, partly because it puts characters in difficult and dangerous situations that cannot be solved through philosophy.  It's deeply gripping to read characters who are in situations where they don't get what they want, and where goals may in fact simply be impossible, or where multiple driving forces come into conflict.  The interesting and fun situations are the ones where the easy answers are not possible.

That said, though, fiction like that is rare and precious.  Ones like Undertale, while good, are much more common, and I'm disappointed how rare it is to see protagonists put in situations where what you want is not possible.  I could tell, from the very first, that I would never be forced to make a choice between what I want and what would happen, which made the whole plot and conflict turn into so much meaningless fluff for me.
...Y'know, I think this is the first time I've ever seen honest criticism of Undertale which actually seems logical and valid.  Of course it's from you.  For your next trick, can you explain why A Song of Ice and Fire is sloppily written and low quality?

More seriously, don't you think that perhaps Undertale wouldn't actually be improved by such a thing, because it's not the type of thing most people enjoy?  I'm not saying it would--IMO, I agree with you, though I still haven't played the game--but just going on popular opinion I feel like you're a bit wrong.

Also, have you ever played Planescape: Torment?  I'd love to hear your opinion on it, largely because I have no idea what your opinion would be.  On one hand, it really fits your seeming desire for crushing depression, but on the other hand, technically things can end relatively well, and you aren't forced into failure if you have the right goal.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #28333 on: February 07, 2016, 01:50:40 pm »

I like this more streamlined version of Xcom but goddamn it I wish it was less buggy and less cheating. I've got guys shooting through walls, people walking through cars,  hacking prompts glitching into walls where they're inaccessible, all sorts of fun.

But The thing that bugs me the most is the fact that they stack the odds heavily for the computer in ways that are pretty bullshit.  Particularly how it allows the Enemies to take free, unopposed moves when I find them. It means they can just run around and flank me almost no matter what.  Not to mention there's this new "stealth" mechanic but it is almost pointless. Once you do a single attack you're all instantly un-stealthed and every enemy knows where you are.

Did I mention that every single mission now has a timer for incredibly contrived reasons?

Eh, bugs happen, they get patched out.  My favorite so far is when my sniper got confused and swung her rifle around for pistol shots (shooting it one handed) and had an invisorifle for sniping.

They only get the free shot if they flank someone, and then only one of them.  They just changed the behavior to nerf the "Beaglerush Manuever."  Now you can either put everyone in overwatch save one and let the one break stealth, or break stealth with your first shot and then react accordingly.

The timer is an obvious counter to overwatch trapping gameplay, a la meld.  I find them generous enough to not be in the way, and they're gone once you hack/steal/blow up the whatever except for the evac missions.  It is a bit obviously artificial, though.

I'm liking the greatly expanded options, and how a lot of gear slot items don't feel like filler and are instead useful.

Also, if anyone one wants to play with Brother Lars, here he is!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28334 on: February 07, 2016, 02:58:59 pm »

Good enough for me.

There was some handouts from Team Fund to some people, but rest bought their stuff on their own.
@RC: Is there any more team fund handouts available for him?
All the people in that team got a bunch of stuff from pw, not the team fund, so you can give him the same as the other people in that team I think?

Pages: 1 ... 1887 1888 [1889] 1890 1891 ... 2205