Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1884 1885 [1886] 1887 1888 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2487944 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #28275 on: February 06, 2016, 04:02:12 pm »

Unless those wings break physics
Why not?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28276 on: February 06, 2016, 04:06:46 pm »

He grew wings after taking a pill made from meat. I think they break physics.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #28277 on: February 06, 2016, 04:17:58 pm »

If they are big enough it might be possible, and even if they aren't we can add an extra set of limbs and I'll still be one step closer to becoming  an angle of death.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28278 on: February 06, 2016, 04:18:40 pm »

*ANGEL, not ANGLE!
DO NOT TAUNT THE LURKER.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28279 on: February 06, 2016, 04:23:21 pm »

Woops.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #28280 on: February 06, 2016, 04:32:42 pm »

@Radio Controlled: A) Does our team get a pocket dimension remote? Or did you buy one?
B) I think you misunderstood how the pocket dimension works. You can't use it to teleport things. You just call a portal to your location. You'd need to have both people have a remote in order to create a portal between them. So unless we all have pocket dimension remotes, I don't see how you can use it to move us around. Edit: Unless I fly around and open multiple portals, if that's something that can be done. Edit2: Or I could store you in the pocket dimension and deploy you when needed. Then I'd have a literal tvtropes:"Party in my pocket"

I think that people complaining that the Thread What Is For Making PWs Life Less Hellish Than 39 Players In Simultaneous Missions Already Does doesn't let them speak in their favorite color is a little petty, to be honest.
I'm not complaining about it not letting me use my favorite colour. I merely found it confusing and hard to use and suggested a way that I think would be better. If it is something meant to be used by us and not piecewise, then it makes sense to see if other people feel the same as I do and if so change it to something better. I can't do that without stating my dislike for it.

I thought he took a pill with wings in it. So unless those were  chicken wings...
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 04:36:46 pm by Parisbre56 »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #28281 on: February 06, 2016, 04:50:15 pm »

@Radio Controlled: A) Does our team get a pocket dimension remote? Or did you buy one?
B) I think you misunderstood how the pocket dimension works. You can't use it to teleport things. You just call a portal to your location. You'd need to have both people have a remote in order to create a portal between them. So unless we all have pocket dimension remotes, I don't see how you can use it to move us around. Edit: Unless I fly around and open multiple portals, if that's something that can be done. Edit2: Or I could store you in the pocket dimension and deploy you when needed. Then I'd have a literal tvtropes:"Party in my pocket"

I think that people complaining that the Thread What Is For Making PWs Life Less Hellish Than 39 Players In Simultaneous Missions Already Does doesn't let them speak in their favorite color is a little petty, to be honest.
I'm not complaining about it not letting me use my favorite colour. I merely found it confusing and hard to use and suggested a way that I think would be better. If it is something meant to be used by us and not piecewise, then it makes sense to see if other people feel the same as I do and if so change it to something better. I can't do that without stating my dislike for it.

I thought he took a pill with wings in it. So unless those were  chicken wings...
I'm fine with you guys using it how you like. My guidelines were more suggestions on how to prevent it from becoming an unfollowable cluster fuck.  If you guys can post and keep up on whats going on doing it how you want, thats more than fine by me.

Mission threads are up.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #28282 on: February 06, 2016, 05:35:18 pm »

OOC guys. Use either OOC or communication threads for this. Do it for piecewise.

@PW: Nah, it's cool. Most other people seem to be fine with the system, so I'll just try to adapt to it.

Nunzillor

« Reply #28283 on: February 06, 2016, 05:37:03 pm »

Sorry about that, will do.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28284 on: February 06, 2016, 06:11:22 pm »

Do the turrets on the ship use aux or con?
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #28285 on: February 06, 2016, 06:13:48 pm »

Do the turrets on the ship use aux or con?
Con.
Aux is for things you program, drive, fly or otherwise operate.
Con is for death tubes you point at things you want to die and then pull the trigger.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28286 on: February 06, 2016, 06:52:03 pm »

((PW asked for people to keep chatter out of the mission threads. they're doing it right.))

Oh, I was under the impression it was specifically the radio chatter thread. Just seems like with unformatted (as in, without the team name, the name of the person/group addressed and the one speaking) informal back-and-forths the point of the thread (which is to provide a good way for the threads to communicate in an orderly fashion) isn't really being served.

Though I guess it cuts down on these same back-and-forths in the mission threads, leaving only room for manful action, so who can say, really? I guess you could say that Cthunkan is just asking half-OOC for the newbie teams to shut the fuck up already, then.

EDIT: not to mention that the swaths of purple start with a question for Firestorm and Blizzard, so you could take it as Hurricane (Pneuma, I think?) starting to speak on the inter-team frequency, then others joining in. I certainly did, anyway.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 06:55:55 pm by Harry Baldman »

Nunzillor

« Reply #28287 on: February 06, 2016, 06:57:40 pm »

Ah.  I apologize for the confusion.  In the future, I will make sure to prefix communication appropriately.

As for the unformatted purple, that is the correct syntax for intra-team speech.  Per pw, "Ones without prefix will be assumed to be addressing their whole team."

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28288 on: February 06, 2016, 07:00:40 pm »

I'm currently just rol playing my character, or at least trying to do so more then I was before, who still barely understands anything about modern technology.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 07:02:48 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28289 on: February 06, 2016, 07:01:19 pm »

Ah.  I apologize for the confusion.  In the future, I will make sure to prefix communication appropriately.

As for the unformatted purple, that is the correct syntax for intra-team speech.  Per pw, "Ones without prefix will be assumed to be addressing their whole team."

It's mostly just me being irritable and not reading any of the extra rules beyond what's written in the radio chatter OP. Mea culpa, I suppose.
Pages: 1 ... 1884 1885 [1886] 1887 1888 ... 2205