Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1865 1866 [1867] 1868 1869 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2491758 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #27990 on: February 01, 2016, 06:36:00 pm »

Can we take civilians as loot?
No.
But they're loot that can hold more loot! It's the ultimate in efficiency.

I don't they're called loot....
Alright fine, Manservants.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27991 on: February 01, 2016, 07:07:16 pm »

I cant even find the words...
"They should have sent a poet."
-Jodie Foster in Contact-

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #27992 on: February 01, 2016, 07:48:32 pm »

>Maurice, You are stripped of your leadership of Hephaestus. That will go to Steve Saint.  But you will not be confined to the ship. Instead, I'm sending you back to Hephaestus, where you'll give your aid to the search for a new, habitable universe. That and anything else Mr.Saint wants you to do.

HAHA!  And I didn't even have to kill anybody!

Black... rod...

Welp. Heph is fucked, we going to assault another forgeworld to regain the ability to manufacture EUEs, now, rather than evac civilians?

...Why does this keep happening?

EDIT: also, good on Saint for his promotion! Go Team Paperwork! Striking a blow against military democracy! Though that does raise the good question of what he doesn't yet have on his quest to become The Other Other Steve.

Computational power, understanding of the secrets, and empathy.  I've got ideas for how Maurice can help with the first two.

It's funny, when I named Steve, it was just for humor, and I intended him to be more similar to Xan than Steve.  He's ended up much different from what I intended, and the name has gained actual meaning.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27993 on: February 01, 2016, 07:51:15 pm »

Is this another gus universe?
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #27994 on: February 01, 2016, 07:51:37 pm »

Wait, why is Heph screwed? I keep missing things.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27995 on: February 01, 2016, 07:54:23 pm »

Wait, why is Heph screwed? I keep missing things.
We might have just summoned the Lurker in the Angles. Again.

One of the observation probes, you know the ones not meant to bring back anything? It came back with what may very well be one of the Lurker in the Angle's black rods lodged in it.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27996 on: February 01, 2016, 07:55:30 pm »

Over the last 3 turns, we have had about 5 universes that probably would have straight up murdered all of us, had we not had proper precautions set up. These are Syv level precautions, and yet in this turn, one universe is STILL likely to kill some npc mooks... Guys, heph might have started competing with the common area of the sword for deadliness
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #27997 on: February 01, 2016, 08:39:18 pm »

When did we first encounter these balck rods? I am, as the Doctor once declared "fatally out of the loop."

Once the main things are complete towards making it sustainable without any outside help. Have heph scientists begin building another teleporter base, similar to the one we are using, and veeeerrrryyy far away from the colony
[/quote]It took centuries for the Doctor to design this one and set it up with absurdly tight tolerances. likely, with the gravitaional differences in Caverns Universe, those tolerances would hve to be recalculated. Maybe if it is built in the center of the Cavern, away from all the gravity, but even then, with the different universal constants and whatnot, it might not be usable within the lifetime of the game.

((Oh and do we win the game now? I'm pretty sure the probe is younger than twelve, and that the big black throbbing rod combined with it counts as a dick. Or do we need to repeat it a few times first since your signature uses plurals?))
Do we have access to the WunderKid program?

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27998 on: February 01, 2016, 08:44:30 pm »

Secondly, does Saint have access to the ship's cameras, and if not, can he gain access with +4 aux?[/b]))

((If I'm not wrong, there was a guy that was shocked to death for trying to invade the ship's system. You should ask permition for Steve.))
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27999 on: February 01, 2016, 08:48:11 pm »

No.
But they're loot that can hold more loot! It's the ultimate in efficiency.

I don't they're called loot....
Alright fine, Manservants.
I like the way this man thinks.
I was promised abducting children in hot pants was my utmost duty now.

Over the last 3 turns, we have had about 5 universes that probably would have straight up murdered all of us, had we not had proper precautions set up. These are Syv level precautions, and yet in this turn, one universe is STILL likely to kill some npc mooks... Guys, heph might have started competing with the common area of the sword for deadliness
Oh god, we've begun competing again.

"I'll cock things up!"
"I'll cock things up even harder!"
"I'll cock things up harder and faster than either of you!"
"Guys I accidentally turned the planet into a giant cock my Youtube is getting mad hits but the Sword's initiated emergency procedures and Steve is very very angry."

Speaking of which, Faith's currently in synthflesh with an amp club, which I've been told can go wrong if I strain both at the same time. Given that my current mission is to assure any and all bystanders that ARM has, just, like, the hugest penis we can slap anyone around with at any time, I feel like I should get a different body and/or weapon.

Bodywise my only real option appears to be an assaultsuit, which sounds pretty awesome. However, they require 2 Aux and I only have 1, so I'd need to spend my M25 half-level on that. Not a huge loss.

The other issue, though, is that there's no melee variant but syv might be working on one. I'd be real sad if I bought a suit now and then an awesome uncon-synergizing one came out a little later.

Weaponwise I've got a few options. If I'm gonna go assaultsuit I'd like the Heavy Blade that came free with melee variant battlesuits, but I don't know if they're available or how much they cost, or even if an assaultsuit can properly wield them. I'm asking in poke but I can feel the icy gaze of Nyars upon me.

The ghost spike thing sounds pretty cool, though since they're human-sized and shaped I wonder if getting a larger one for the assaultsuit would be good. But that'd be Tinker, and I'm pretty sure Nyars is drawn to tinkering people who are supposed to be on mission like a radioactive vulture is drawn to unmutated flesh.

Force swords are a thing, but I'd probably shatter them. And anyway, they don't take advantage of strength well, which is unfortunate for a berserking synthflesh/assaultsuit.

So yeah, not too sure what direction to go in. Assaultsuit and ghost sword are both immediately available, I could stick with what I've got and not strain too hard, or I suppose I could wait a bit longer to see if PW or syv do things to advance my options.

tap

tap

tap

goes the bat in the hall
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28000 on: February 01, 2016, 08:51:32 pm »

Just yell at syv to make a melee battlesuit and sell it to you already.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #28001 on: February 01, 2016, 08:58:16 pm »

Heavy Robot body, maybe?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28002 on: February 01, 2016, 09:02:14 pm »

HRB is also a good replacement for synthflesh.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #28003 on: February 01, 2016, 09:03:42 pm »

Heavy Robot body, maybe?
HRB is also a good replacement for synthflesh.
Wait crap, I was confusing this one for the standard assaultsuit. HRB is braincase-only, seven feet tall, battlesuit/half assaultsuit strength, same armor, can fly (wheeeeeee!). Assaultsuit is... of unstated size, but "emaciated" compared to the battlesuit and can fit into buildings, albeit be cramped in them, and has double battlesuit/HRB strength.

Both are the same cost, though the HRB only requires 1 Aux which I have. Now I have an additional decision to make, thanks guys.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28004 on: February 01, 2016, 09:04:53 pm »

Gotta go stronk tho, assuit all the way
Pages: 1 ... 1865 1866 [1867] 1868 1869 ... 2205