Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1863 1864 [1865] 1866 1867 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2491721 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #27960 on: February 01, 2016, 12:38:52 pm »

None that I know; I recalled discussing it with Piecewise at some point, as the transition went, but I'm not sure. Feel free to directly copy it to your own charsheet, I guess.
Hey Nik, be glad you're not on heph yet.

Least they can't blame this next part on you. Directly.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27961 on: February 01, 2016, 12:49:28 pm »

Sure we can. Dammit Maurice. :P

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #27962 on: February 01, 2016, 12:52:23 pm »

Black... rod...

Welp. Heph is fucked, we going to assault another forgeworld to regain the ability to manufacture EUEs, now, rather than evac civilians?

Fakedit: EGAN SAVE US

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27963 on: February 01, 2016, 12:54:58 pm »

I'd need PW to actually process my magic before I can do that. ;/

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #27964 on: February 01, 2016, 01:06:11 pm »

I checked on the wiki, and Maurice got a buff from the AM's anti-mindfuck training (+1 to mind vs mindfuck effects) that isn't listed on Lyra's charsheet. They went through that together, is there a reason for the mismatch that I'm not aware of?
I think we copied some things directly from piecewise's notes during the transition. If it wasn't there and nobody remembered it...
It's possible piecewise only added the note on Maurice because he was the one who asked about it.
FAKEEDIT: Yeah, a quick check of the pages' history shows that the bonus was copied to his page upon creation, but not yours.
FAKEEDIT2: Remarkably, the idiots in space file is still available. It seems to support my hypothesis: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tzsdww2e8yf2v89/idiots%20in%20space.txt
FAKEEDIT3: Did you break Hephaestus again? I guess I'll go read the Hephaestus thread.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27965 on: February 01, 2016, 01:33:21 pm »

Stat requirements at least 0 aux and its an armored exoskeleton+jump rockets combo.

i was hoping to get 10 tokens for it, but the whole halving the value of exoskeletons kinda fucked that plan.
Unless youd consider the armor itself worth the two token price rise between buying an exoskeleton and a jump pack from the armory for 8 and buying my set for ten.

Yeah, ten is too much for the thing, especially with today's prices.

Black... rod...
Welp. Heph is fucked, we going to assault another forgeworld to regain the ability to manufacture EUEs, now, rather than evac civilians?
Fakedit: EGAN SAVE US

A certain quote about solving problems with poorly understood space magic comes to mind.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #27966 on: February 01, 2016, 02:18:34 pm »

Hey, RC, can I get payment for writing mission 24 summary? If not, can I borrow 3 tokens? I need it to buy a magic-eating bobblehead for my battlesuit's cockpit.

Also, I foresee Saint saying something like "From now on, I will stay in my bunker in an undisclosed location, send all orders through untraceable one way mail and hope I guess what orders they need correctly."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27967 on: February 01, 2016, 02:34:16 pm »

Hey, RC, can I get payment for writing mission 24 summary? If not, can I borrow 3 tokens? I need it to buy a magic-eating bobblehead for my battlesuit's cockpit.

Also, I foresee Saint saying something like "From now on, I will stay in my bunker in an undisclosed location, send all orders through untraceable one way mail and hope I guess what orders they need correctly."

Sure, sorry if I missed it before. Just lemme check if it's all done.

EDIT: ok, see now that there wasn't a reward put on M24 yet, lemme check if it should be 1 or 2 tokens.
EDIT2: Summary is very good but the short text on the 'mission synopsis' needs to be done still. Can claim your reward once that's done.
Compared to the other wiki jobs doing just m24 would be 1 token, it's not that long a mission. Then again, I've been thinking about raising the token rewards. Hmm. Yeah, you can have 2, and I'll be raising the token payouts. So they get written while the imaginary currency still has a meaning  :P

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27968 on: February 01, 2016, 02:40:33 pm »

Btw, Nik, is Maurice going to respond to the message on his wrist-comp and the unstealthed Lyra looking at him?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #27969 on: February 01, 2016, 02:42:55 pm »

@RC: How about I finish writing the Mission 22 summary (which was also a short one and I had already written half the summary while it was ongoing) and I get a total of 3 tokens? Say it's 1.5 and 1.5 or something like that? Just saying so that I don't owe the fund anything in case both I and Jason get vaporized.

EDIT: Hmmm... I wonder.... Was there any chance of Sean's machine releasing the Lurker or something like it?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 02:46:16 pm by Parisbre56 »

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27970 on: February 01, 2016, 02:48:22 pm »

Btw, Nik, is Maurice going to respond to the message on his wrist-comp and the unstealthed Lyra looking at him?

It seems he just considered a new chance for Maurice's speech.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27971 on: February 01, 2016, 02:51:15 pm »

That's ok for me paris, just don't forget about those short summaries on the mission synopsis page. Then when it's fully done send a pm and I'll transfer the funds (or you can do it when it's fully done). Deal?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #27972 on: February 01, 2016, 03:02:05 pm »

That's ok for me paris, just don't forget about those short summaries on the mission synopsis page. Then when it's fully done send a pm and I'll transfer the funds (or you can do it when it's fully done). Deal?
Deal!
* Parisbre56 shakes figurative internet hands with RC

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27973 on: February 01, 2016, 03:18:54 pm »

Uhhh, guys. I thought that Piecewise indicated that the scuffle in M21 Trial didn't happen (and thus the message never came, etc.)? I mean, I'm fine with it either way, but by the end of it Maurice is probably dead for all intents and purposes. Like, Jim-dead. I really don't want to ask for a retcon here, but that "talk things out more a bit before committing to an ending" route that has just started cannot coexist with the aftermath of the failed suicide attempt; one of them would have to be retconned, I guess. Which one would you prefer to retcon/what really happened there, what do you think? Did Piecewise deny that scuffle or affirm? etc.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #27974 on: February 01, 2016, 03:26:21 pm »

By my understanding Maurice tried suicide but Renen prevented it. By virtue of cheating initiative rolls.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 1863 1864 [1865] 1866 1867 ... 2205