Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1829 1830 [1831] 1832 1833 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2491596 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #27450 on: January 25, 2016, 11:00:21 am »

How much IC knowledge do us inmates have of Project Wunderkind?  I'm just assuming that Lars heard some bit about it from Maurice here.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27451 on: January 25, 2016, 11:14:28 am »

How much IC knowledge do us inmates have of Project Wunderkind?  I'm just assuming that Lars heard some bit about it from Maurice here.

Not much, probably; though...
Well, for years (Hephaestus years) it was something of a local secret on Hephaestus, but I guess when they grew up enough to be able to volunteer for ARM duty, the secret was over - which happened around the last time the Sword visited Hephaestus (before M25), so yeah, there was enough possibility to directly learn about it a bit.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27452 on: January 25, 2016, 12:37:46 pm »

Wait we're stealing people now?
I love stealing people, who are we stealing?
can I come steal people too? I have my own private dimension we can hide them in.
Mission parameters: Steal people.
It's like we're cartoon videogame bad guys, except we're saving them from the end of the universe.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27453 on: January 25, 2016, 12:39:30 pm »

No, M23 stole people.

You're rescuing them for the glory of Steve, to be Lorded over by Him and worship Him like the God He is the in the new dimension, established in 1 AS (After Steve).

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #27454 on: January 25, 2016, 01:14:03 pm »

can I come steal people too? I have my own private dimension we can hide them in.
It's like we're cartoon videogame bad guys, except we're saving them from the end of the universe.
ARMy men! Today, we will steal the enemy!
At least, that's what I intend to do...

...If I save a human (Say, Xanessa) using the RL Copy/Paste tool, would the copy of the person (Say, Xanessa, at high velocity) be able to use origin tech? Would the copy even be alive or the same person?
If you can copy people, why not copy the AM? Much better space magic bullet and based on her worldview, probably more likely to accept it.
Hm, wonder what happens when you use something like the deathcube to copy synthflesh or amps.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #27455 on: January 25, 2016, 01:15:17 pm »

established in 1 AS (After Steve).

Don't you mean 1 AM (After Maurice)?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #27456 on: January 25, 2016, 01:24:06 pm »

>Implying this isn't going to go horribly wrong.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27457 on: January 25, 2016, 01:35:40 pm »

. And some other crap I have like a platinum axe - don't remember who had that originally.

That axe cost one token. If it helps.
One wheel short of a wagon

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27458 on: January 25, 2016, 02:29:09 pm »

Hey, it's over! Maurice's own long-post statement is over. Collecting everyone's statements is over. Now only the judges' questions remain, and their final verdict.

(So... yeah, not exactly completely over. But the turning point has been reached. And I've finished Maurice's bloody long report.)
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27459 on: January 25, 2016, 02:39:50 pm »

Hey Radio.

Wheres my giant diamond middle finger at?

It's gonna be up yer bum if you get impatient  :P

But seriously, I'm working on the final pm now, once (if) pw approves that I can post that mission's payment. You'll have it before next mission blast-off at any rate, so you should still be able to spend it.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27460 on: January 25, 2016, 02:55:59 pm »

Mother of God. Finally got around to the big announcement.

What else have I missed.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27461 on: January 25, 2016, 02:58:17 pm »

Faith has green light to kidnapping youngsters in delicious shorts. It's a matter of human race's survival now.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 03:01:07 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #27462 on: January 25, 2016, 02:58:45 pm »

Ok guys, quick question. I may of made a stupid. I was looking through the armory and I think the Testament LSW  will be a better weapon than the Spektr I currently have. The Spektr has never been fired so I should get a full refund, maybe. Thoughts, opinions? Just go for it?

The Testament is a better gun against armor.  It's a better gun against things which don't have better kinetic resistance than laser resistance.  If you want to kill things, it's your best bet.

The Specktr is more multifunctional, and has an unlimited battery.  It's better for suppression because it can fire a visible light beam, and it's better for nonlethal use because it can fire weak microwaves.  If versatility is your priority, it's the better choice.

@Names
I'm a bit late to the question, but Steve Saint's name should be pretty obvious.  Steve, because I was surprised that we had gone so long without breaking the One Steve Limit, despite our first named character, and arguably the most important, being named Steve.  Saint, because I knew his last name would become his given name due to the aforementioned Steve Limit, so it had to be good.  I like alliteration, it's ironic because he's a sociopath, and it would be funny to interact with Lars.

In-game decades later, I'm pretty sure Saint has never spoken a single word to Lars.  ._.

@Irony
I'm putting you in charge of tinker on a provisional basis. The council will still be around to provide advice if you need it and I'm here if you have questions. Try to strike a good balance of not making completely overpowered stuff but also still letting people have fun.
Well... That's surprising.  Not unwelcome, though!
So just to be clear, you consistently annoyed and frustrated the closest thing this universe has to God, and in return, he put you in charge? That's what's wrong with religions these days! They're too busy bickering amongst each other about the silliest things, when they could instead be throwing rocks at armored plating and yelling increasingly granular questions at God until it gives up and gives them divine authority.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27463 on: January 25, 2016, 02:58:53 pm »

Mother of God. Finally got around to the big announcement.

What else have I missed.
Only everything.

There's a big combat mission coming soon. Could still join up (if this time you try to have Faith be more than a fancy coat rack :v ).

Ok guys, quick question. I may of made a stupid. I was looking through the armory and I think the Testament LSW  will be a better weapon than the Spektr I currently have. The Spektr has never been fired so I should get a full refund, maybe. Thoughts, opinions? Just go for it?

The Testament is a better gun against armor.  It's a better gun against things which don't have better kinetic resistance than laser resistance.  If you want to kill things, it's your best bet.

The Specktr is more multifunctional, and has an unlimited battery.  It's better for suppression because it can fire a visible light beam, and it's better for nonlethal use because it can fire weak microwaves.  If versatility is your priority, it's the better choice.

And there's the blaster rifle, which seems to give the biggest bang at that price range (for guns).
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 03:01:09 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #27464 on: January 25, 2016, 03:07:32 pm »

@Comrade P. Dester would certainly havea job for your character, if he had heard your speech about some in the ARM having committed atrocities, and your desire to be filthy rich and to steal people.

And what would he pay with? Tokens? I doubt those have any value outside of Sword.
I'm not saying I wouldn't hear it out, I'm just genuinely curious, given Vladimir is about to convert his tokens into Arranger and Arranger ammunition to hold back alien fuckery at least to some degree until he gets back too his home system at least, and be gone.
And I just mentioned he did human trafficing. He just picked up a container full of people at planet A and delivered it to planet B. He has no expertise in abduction business.
The Blops team became massively wealthy by hive world standards on m23. And this was in addition to the simply staggering ability of Steve to manipulate markets and provide background wealth. We have a fleet of ships, a staff of our own, and the entire resource set of Hephaestus at our disposal. We'd pay in wealth. Oh, and Gus has a Sapphire the size of his head. And we have access to a universe that makes them continent sized, so there's that.

Of course, in today's economy, what you'd probably want payed in is food.

I'm not saying you should go for it, you have already expressed a wish for Vladimir to be out. I'm just saying Dester would offer.

You guys are so tame. M23 stole them for unethical experimentation. "save the people," bah.
Pages: 1 ... 1829 1830 [1831] 1832 1833 ... 2205