Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1810 1811 [1812] 1813 1814 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2491887 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #27165 on: January 22, 2016, 11:06:25 pm »

See thats the thing, we are going after its MIND not its body.

without its mind to govern its attacks ORIGIN should be able to easily overpower and consume its body.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27166 on: January 22, 2016, 11:19:57 pm »

Is it even confirmed Lurker has a mind as we would think of it?

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27167 on: January 22, 2016, 11:28:16 pm »

well I remember PW saying that upon seeing origin the lurkers thought process was something along the lines of:

"Whats that over there? best go fuck it to death."

if it can think words it has a mind... but this wasn't in serious conversation... so take it with a grain of salt.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27168 on: January 23, 2016, 12:25:21 am »

So, does anyone know if there are any normal humans that can be experimented on in either the ship or on Hep? I have been contemplating attempting to resurrect the crystal race using the crystalline projector but I would need some victims expendable test subjects and don't really know where I could get them.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27169 on: January 23, 2016, 12:29:22 am »

So, does anyone know if there are any normal humans that can be experimented on in either the ship or on Hep? I have been contemplating attempting to resurrect the crystal race using the crystalline projector but I would need some victims expendable test subjects and don't really know where I could get them.
use the deathcube to clone yourself.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27170 on: January 23, 2016, 12:31:46 am »

I like it. Although the problem is I'm currently cleaning out the docs infirmary, so the chances of me being a normal human when I get out are dropping rapidly.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27171 on: January 23, 2016, 12:31:51 am »

Abigail has deficiencies not a healthy or valid test subject!
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Nunzillor

« Reply #27172 on: January 23, 2016, 12:33:57 am »

I like it. Although the problem is I'm currently cleaning out the docs infirmary, so the chances of me being a normal human when I get out are dropping rapidly.
Well, you could ask syvarris about borrowing a sod.  He might be willing to loan one to you.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27173 on: January 23, 2016, 12:34:43 am »

abigail is perfect test subject.
correct her deficiencies with science.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27174 on: January 23, 2016, 12:37:20 am »

Well, you could ask syvarris about borrowing a sod.  He might be willing to loan one to you.

I guess a sod could work, but aren't they massively genetically altered and posses a childlike intelligence?

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27175 on: January 23, 2016, 12:38:25 am »

Not quite childlike, closer to highly specialized.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Nunzillor

« Reply #27176 on: January 23, 2016, 12:40:19 am »

I guess a sod could work, but aren't they massively genetically altered and posses a childlike intelligence?
They are reasonably analogous to human beings for the purposes of most types of tests.  Like HeLa, not quite human anymore arguably... but similar.  I think.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27177 on: January 23, 2016, 12:41:03 am »

Terrible lungs vitamin deficency trauma malnourished Foreign material in skin!
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27178 on: January 23, 2016, 12:42:01 am »

Terrible lungs vitamin deficency trauma malnourished Foreign material in skin!
science each one. individually.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27179 on: January 23, 2016, 12:42:38 am »

Hmm, so assuming that any crystal thing spawned from a human retains some form of it's personality and skills, that means my creation would likely try to kill me… I like it.

Pages: 1 ... 1810 1811 [1812] 1813 1814 ... 2205