Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1804 1805 [1806] 1807 1808 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2490310 times)

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #27075 on: January 21, 2016, 07:21:58 pm »

Edit: Okay, figured it out.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 07:25:32 pm by Execute/Dumbo.exe »
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #27076 on: January 21, 2016, 07:26:11 pm »

What happened?

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #27077 on: January 21, 2016, 07:27:23 pm »

What happened?
Oh, nothing, I was trying to figure out how to do that trick that Syv does.
If he does what I just did, it's quite a tangle of commands.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #27079 on: January 21, 2016, 08:21:47 pm »

hey, Omega guys. I need to introduce the old ER standard - tempdeath - into Omega Legion now. I was trying not to give ooc knowledge of an IC event, partly because tempdeath will be generally much more rare than in ER, I think, and partly because thecharacters currently involved have no IC knowledge of the situation. However, it's kind of an important concept either way.

Basically, the situation is: if your character is not a standard organic, death and life isn't as clear cut as it is for organics. Non-standard orgaincs included constructs, Fey, crystalline entities, undead, and the like. Add to that the possibility of magical revival for organics, and you see how useful it can be. Tempdeath will always cost stats though.

this is why I hesitated to tell ATH if Reggie was dead or not. He's a homunculus, and was never alive to begin with, in the traditional sense. This is also why he is more difficult than normal for Aylia to track - no real organic smell.

the stat loss will be a bit of an issue for poor Reggie, who spent just all the stat points possible on chargen, but I have been considering a one time charedit for everyone at the end of this mission round, to give people the chance to make one adjustment.

Thoughts?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27080 on: January 21, 2016, 08:26:00 pm »

Simmie?
and how is this not common knowlege?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27081 on: January 21, 2016, 08:39:38 pm »

Well, Simmie considered himself dead and in paradise in the first place, and now is being forced to reincarnate again... As far as we know, his soul is already locked to some newborn baby.
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27082 on: January 21, 2016, 08:42:45 pm »

Humoncoulous Reggie don't worry just send me his stats and I'll probably change it.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #27083 on: January 21, 2016, 08:46:42 pm »

I've already said that I'd like to tweak Dar'yajira's stats, so I support allowing a one-time change.  It makes sense, as characters (mine, at least) were made assuming you'd be running a game nearly identical to ER, but you've used your own interpretation.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27085 on: January 21, 2016, 08:58:49 pm »

I dont even know what id tweak.

stat and skill values in omega feel less useful than ER so ill probably just leave them as they are and just pray to the all powerful RNGesus.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #27086 on: January 21, 2016, 09:03:41 pm »

IC, Simmie is perfectly capable of being reintroduced. totally up to Maegil though.  As for how temp death as a general possibility is not common knowledge - homunculi are rare and constructs are not everyday occurrences. Why would a wood elf, an octopodre, or a snake woman have any knowledge of a superadvanced alchemic ritual designed to condense human essences from thousands into a philosopher's stone? Or why would any normal person outside of the Fey lands know anything about the Fey? that place is shrouded in mystery, even to it's inhabitants. plus I didn't think of it, okay?

okay, I'll explain this when each team returns from mission also. What I am offering in terms of stat adjustments is for one bonus to be removed for the corresponding level of maluses to be also removed. this weights more favorably toward those who minmaxed, as they can regain much more of their points than someone with only one or two bonuses. Is this fair? the goal is to reduce the amount of "oh, I forgot that -2 meant I would die a lot" going on, and, like syvarris said, to allow people to adjust more to my GM style over PWs.

I am trying to keep stats and skills from being OP and causing a bunch of walking nukes to wreak havoc on the universe and essentially dominate the world. How i use them may require some fine tuning and the like. But, reading some of the earlier ER, I feel like RNGesus was a comically powerful god then, what with FEyri one round crashing her scout eye directly into a teammate on a routine "use the scout eye for it's intended purpose and in the proscribed manner," and in another round surfing a teammate's corpse into a tactical diplomatic encounter with lazers, destroying a giant robot in the process.

Maybe  I should be more flexible and allow more death and more powerful reactions? Because that was hilarious.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 09:09:26 pm by Ozarck »

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27087 on: January 21, 2016, 09:04:56 pm »

I'm not sure but i know i either want to make reggie less squishy or make him more charismatic....it's a tough choice
But Reggie probably is gonna be a little more well rounded.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #27088 on: January 21, 2016, 09:13:44 pm »

Reggie has +4/-7 this is the highest and lowest numbers chargen allows. If you dropped it to +3 you would get back three malus points, so could raise one of each, constituion, will and charisma, up to -1, as an example.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27089 on: January 21, 2016, 09:22:46 pm »

Reggie has +4/-7 this is the highest and lowest numbers chargen allows. If you dropped it to +3 you would get back three malus points, so could raise one of each, constituion, will and charisma, up to -1, as an example.
So if i dropped 1 point i could lower all my negatives to -1?
Pages: 1 ... 1804 1805 [1806] 1807 1808 ... 2205