Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1798 1799 [1800] 1801 1802 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2488127 times)

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #26985 on: January 20, 2016, 08:25:36 pm »

YES! WE'RE PROBABLY GOING TO LIVE! Also, the "Fatal Acid Trip"verse is so very easily weaponifiable
But you need to find a way to stop yourself from being affected. It's not like the killer joke, where the difference in language protects you from understanding the joke. You also need to stop the one being affected from overpowering the effect and using it against you.

On the other hand, it gives us a possible way to recreate manipulators and a possible use for those brains in the armory. If the infected can manipulate reality, then with the proper treatment or a good enough brain, you could make amps or manips. Perhaps one of you could take one for the team and forgo healing to have their brain examined, in case the pattern has been damaged by your attempt to contain it.

Edit: Perhaps one could even create the Wishing Ghost the Doc was planning to build using this technology, to wish the Lurker away, or at least aid origin in combating it.
I don't think it is actually affecting reality though. I think it is just a REALLY powerful placebo alongside a powerful acid trip

If you see the wall melt, the wall doesn't actually melt, but if that wall was between you and space, you might start suffocating, because your brain believes the wall actually melted. Same with your limbs, your brain impacts your limbs, so if you see them melt... well your brain registers them as gone

Also, add these effects to an amp user? NOW the acid trip might be affecting reality
Didn't a guy die from his brain melting? I'm pretty sure imagining your brain is melting doesn't make your brain melt. I think it's a "Your mind makes it a reality." deal instead of a "Your mind makes it real." one. Unless his mind just couldn't handle it or something.
If our brain percieves it's own death, and shuts off all vital functions, then yes. Our brain can kill itself. If we look at gus, and he is dead, but his head isn't caved in, that will pretty much prove my theory. If his head is indeed gone, then your theory is more correct.

Remember also these additional details.

1. We are dealing with another universe's laws spilling into our own, I am calling it a lethal acid trip with a heavy placebo effect for relationary purposes, not literal ones, that isn't EXACTY what is happening.

2. He rolled a 1
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 08:33:03 pm by Kedly »
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #26986 on: January 20, 2016, 08:55:13 pm »

Well, with the mob on Reggie, they knew where he had become a puddle, but backed off a bit and were reconsidering, until Reggie started yelling when he was at the intersection. Mob mentality took over at that point. And they are on the path, right behind him. Maybe they didn't think to warn people (or maybe they did). Maybe they got caught up in the moment, and will feel stupid for it afterward.

I'll reconsider Ssslavina's situation.

As for the time, it was late afternoon when you arrived. think of all the things you have done since getting here. Going for a swim, scouting the town. interacting with the alchemist and the muck, circumnavigating the town, and heading off into the woods. not a fifteen minute course of events there. Getting everyone to shore alone took half an hour, and looping around the village took an hour, and between those was the bit where everyone got a good look at the mess and met the alchemist, for another half an hour or more. that puts one well past sunset before you managed to get to the woods. At least, that's how I have been estimating it. that's also why it's been difficult for you to catch up to Reggie - he had a bit of a headstart, before you even started going around the town.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26987 on: January 20, 2016, 08:59:16 pm »

Question ozarck if reggie fails a con in a situation where it would kill him  but suceeds in his regeneration does he live?
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26988 on: January 20, 2016, 09:00:06 pm »

That... actually would have been nice to know. I'd been planning on Aylia giving up for the night and returning to town when it became sunset.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26989 on: January 20, 2016, 09:02:23 pm »

Wait...what time was it when reggie meet the miners?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #26990 on: January 20, 2016, 09:29:38 pm »

Here is about where it started getting dark: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=155088.msg6725339#msg6725339
here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=155088.msg6734959#msg6734959 is where Aylia enters the woods as it gets dark, After Reggie made himself a puddle to hide form the mob.

It was still light when Reggie met the miners, though the sun was setting.

As for taking damage and regenerating - the regenerating will help, but it isn't an invincibility shield. What will happen is, since you have regenerating as your action, that will occur before I roll constitution, okay? That gives you the best chance of surviving. If you manage to regenerate damage, the constitution roll will be unnecessary. If, on the other hand, you were to take damage when you weren't actively trying to regenerate in response, the con roll would go first, and you would have a much greater risk of death.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26991 on: January 20, 2016, 09:41:42 pm »

just gonna have to trust my great real life luck.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #26992 on: January 20, 2016, 09:43:30 pm »

Oh yeah, about octodad's mob: a) the town people were on alert after the snake appeared and stole the guy's money, and b) he literally threatened a bunch of old men for soap.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26993 on: January 20, 2016, 10:09:20 pm »

Would anyone here be interested in Pixel art of their characters for the wiki etc? Examples Here
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26994 on: January 20, 2016, 10:12:29 pm »

Would anyone here be interested in Pixel art of their characters for the wiki etc? Examples Here
Yeah.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26995 on: January 20, 2016, 10:15:23 pm »

sure I'd be interested.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26996 on: January 20, 2016, 10:20:10 pm »

I would like a little Xael, but doesn't matter much.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26997 on: January 20, 2016, 11:25:46 pm »

Yes please! With Haebi arm please. It's literally Ryan's next purchase and is gonna be game-changing for him.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26998 on: January 20, 2016, 11:53:34 pm »

Oh yeah, about octodad's mob: a) the town people were on alert after the snake appeared and stole the guy's money, and b) he literally threatened a bunch of old men for soap.
ah, that makes sense.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26999 on: January 20, 2016, 11:57:23 pm »

I just realized that, as usual, this makes it indirectly my fault.
Nope, I'm not a bad-luck totem at all. <_<
Pages: 1 ... 1798 1799 [1800] 1801 1802 ... 2205