Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1796 1797 [1798] 1799 1800 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2487735 times)

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #26955 on: January 20, 2016, 05:08:06 pm »

YES! WE'RE PROBABLY GOING TO LIVE! Also, the "Fatal Acid Trip"verse is so very easily weaponifiable
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #26956 on: January 20, 2016, 05:13:23 pm »

YES! WE'RE PROBABLY GOING TO LIVE! Also, the "Fatal Acid Trip"verse is so very easily weaponifiable
But you need to find a way to stop yourself from being affected. It's not like the killer joke, where the difference in language protects you from understanding the joke. You also need to stop the one being affected from overpowering the effect and using it against you.

On the other hand, it gives us a possible way to recreate manipulators and a possible use for those brains in the armory. If the infected can manipulate reality, then with the proper treatment or a good enough brain, you could make amps or manips. Perhaps one of you could take one for the team and forgo healing to have their brain examined, in case the pattern has been damaged by your attempt to contain it.

Edit: Perhaps one could even create the Wishing Ghost the Doc was planning to build using this technology, to wish the Lurker away, or at least aid origin in combating it.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 05:16:20 pm by Parisbre56 »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #26957 on: January 20, 2016, 05:27:28 pm »

As far as we know it's the Altered that are fighting the Lurker, not Origin. Isn't that so?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #26958 on: January 20, 2016, 05:31:22 pm »

As far as we know it's the Altered that are fighting the Lurker, not Origin. Isn't that so?
If the altered are effectively an of part of origion that wants to consume all origion teck and have it rejoin origion, could they effectively be origion's foot soldiers?
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26959 on: January 20, 2016, 05:32:43 pm »

Yeah were gonna have to earn our happy ending.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26960 on: January 20, 2016, 05:42:14 pm »

But you need to find a way to stop yourself from being affected. It's not like the killer joke, where the difference in language protects you from understanding the joke. You also need to stop the one being affected from overpowering the effect and using it against you.

On the other hand, it gives us a possible way to recreate manipulators and a possible use for those brains in the armory. If the infected can manipulate reality, then with the proper treatment or a good enough brain, you could make amps or manips. Perhaps one of you could take one for the team and forgo healing to have their brain examined, in case the pattern has been damaged by your attempt to contain it.

Edit: Perhaps one could even create the Wishing Ghost the Doc was planning to build using this technology, to wish the Lurker away, or at least aid origin in combating it.
I don't think it is actually affecting reality though. I think it is just a REALLY powerful placebo alongside a powerful acid trip

If you see the wall melt, the wall doesn't actually melt, but if that wall was between you and space, you might start suffocating, because your brain believes the wall actually melted. Same with your limbs, your brain impacts your limbs, so if you see them melt... well your brain registers them as gone

Also, add these effects to an amp user? NOW the acid trip might be affecting reality
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #26961 on: January 20, 2016, 05:43:47 pm »

If the altered are effectively an of part of origion that wants to consume all origion teck and have it rejoin origion, could they effectively be origion's foot soldiers?
Why is Oregon attacking? :P

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #26962 on: January 20, 2016, 05:48:34 pm »

Why is Oregon attacking? :P
Well I used to live there and let's just say that they value their treasure and leave it at that.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26963 on: January 20, 2016, 05:50:57 pm »

Treasure? What treasure? All we got is trees. Definitely. Don't go searching out in the woods.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26964 on: January 20, 2016, 05:52:14 pm »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #26965 on: January 20, 2016, 05:52:30 pm »

I think the Altered are what's keeping the Lurker from infecting more of the universe, since she's dedicating resources to fighting them. But I'm assuming that since all origin tech is linked and the Altered are origin tech and the Lurker tried to infect origin tech but didn't manage to do that... Well, I'm assuming all (or at least most) of origin is in on this fight together. Even those pesky human failures. I don't know if all origin tech is aware that it is in danger (if humans, haebi and others feel a sense of impending doom) or that it should fight or that it should fight together, but I know they're in this fight together.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #26966 on: January 20, 2016, 06:19:38 pm »

Why is Oregon attacking? :p
... fUCKInG AUTOCOMPLETE!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 06:34:21 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #26967 on: January 20, 2016, 06:32:49 pm »

I don't think it is actually affecting reality though. I think it is just a REALLY powerful placebo alongside a powerful acid trip

If you see the wall melt, the wall doesn't actually melt, but if that wall was between you and space, you might start suffocating, because your brain believes the wall actually melted. Same with your limbs, your brain impacts your limbs, so if you see them melt... well your brain registers them as gone

Also, add these effects to an amp user? NOW the acid trip might be affecting reality
Didn't a guy die from his brain melting? I'm pretty sure imagining your brain is melting doesn't make your brain melt. I think it's a "Your mind makes it a reality." deal instead of a "Your mind makes it real." one. Unless his mind just couldn't handle it or something.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #26968 on: January 20, 2016, 07:11:18 pm »

Omega team two may have as many as three fatalities in the next round.

With one previous fatality, one player leaving explicitly, and one gone into limbo, the attrition rate is horrendous.

And I hate killing characters, really.

team one has somehow managed to only lose one. I don't know how.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26969 on: January 20, 2016, 07:14:07 pm »

Yeah, that was my guy. He rolled a natural 1 rolling for mind, which is -1. His entire head caved in.

I'm pretty sure it's directly affecting reality, but we can ask PW.

Fakeedit: Goddammit, sounds like I'm losing another character. This is not my week, apparently.
Pages: 1 ... 1796 1797 [1798] 1799 1800 ... 2205