Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1792 1793 [1794] 1795 1796 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2486647 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #26895 on: January 20, 2016, 01:04:19 am »

it's pure stasis dementia.

Which is totally fine.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26896 on: January 20, 2016, 01:07:49 am »

We'll i already explained it a few times why she's used one.
You have far too many intact limbs to have used an Amp before.
I gave her high Fate referencing the fact that she should be dead bit is lucky enough to not be.
Nobody is buying the explanation because it doesn't work. at all. using an amp Requires-Brain-Surgery-She'd-Never-Get. amps themselves are Not-Publicly-Available-Anywhere-Ever.
it's pure stasis dementia.
She noticeably throughout this has been willing to be operated on as long as she is in tge presense of people she trusts aka her parents so it's entirely possible she could go through with it and The amps weren't public that'd be stupid only a select few people got to use them mainly not crazy people ex abigails parents abigail and 2 or 3 others they were kept extremely secret and used minimally only whem nesscary i never said Abigail has not used them like 30 or 40 times I'd put the number at 3 maybe 4 times maximum.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26897 on: January 20, 2016, 02:23:02 am »

still stasis dementia but that doesn't matter. What does matter is Abigail has repeatedly come within a hair's breadth of attacking teammates while safely on-ship and everyone interacting with her was being kind and non-hostile. She has no self-control. On top of that she has little skill with the things and almost no mindpoints to work with. And she has a Lurker-infested amp. The question isn't if she's going to kill her teammates, the question is how many and if they're going to be permadead.

Xan is more trustworthy.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26898 on: January 20, 2016, 02:28:41 am »

still stasis dementia but that doesn't matter. What does matter is Abigail has repeatedly come within a hair's breadth of attacking teammates while safely on-ship and everyone interacting with her was being kind and non-hostile. She has no self-control. On top of that she has little skill with the things and almost no mindpoints to work with. And she has a Lurker-infested amp. The question isn't if she's going to kill her teammates, the question is how many and if they're going to be permadead.

Xan is more trustworthy.
Her Self control has improved somewhat but i agree she should get a different weapon and....not stasis dementia becuase it has logical reasoning and well it's part of her backstory.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26899 on: January 20, 2016, 02:33:25 am »

Not really, there is no reason I see why her parents would give her an amp, as those require brain surgery to install. A manip would make far more sense, and even then, it'd be beyond negligent to give a military-grade weapon capable of obliterating entire cities with a single error to a child. Plus, as a general rule of thumb, if a character requires that much justification OOC, you may as well just call it stasis dementia.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26900 on: January 20, 2016, 02:36:32 am »

Stasis Dementia. Period.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26901 on: January 20, 2016, 02:38:55 am »

Why are we even arguing about this? Nothing about the character makes sense.
Arguing over it is just a waste of time and effort, the player isn't going to suddenly change.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #26902 on: January 20, 2016, 02:39:20 am »

I DID IT

I GOT COMPARED TO SOMEONE FAVORABLY

I ARE WINNER
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Nunzillor

« Reply #26903 on: January 20, 2016, 02:40:46 am »

In any case, you might want to consider selling your amp to another player if you truly no longer want it.  I think several characters might pay quite a bit for it.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26904 on: January 20, 2016, 02:43:04 am »

Not really, there is no reason I see why her parents would give her an amp, as those require brain surgery to install. A manip would make far more sense, and even then, it'd be beyond negligent to give a military-grade weapon capable of obliterating entire cities with a single error to a child. Plus, as a general rule of thumb, if a character requires that much justification OOC, you may as well just call it stasis dementia.
What is the template you are drawing these people and places and procedures from becuase yes if she came from a Normal planet stasis dementia makes sense but where she comes from insanity insanity everywhere you can't really apply much logic or rational reason to decisions done there.
Arguing over it is just a waste of time and effort, the player isn't going to suddenly change.
Yeah i won't change becuase i made backstory i compared it to this lore made it so it could reasonably make sense put her on a planet of insane people were this is possible becuase of the place and the people it's possible becuase my backstory i made for her made a location where it would be possible.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26905 on: January 20, 2016, 02:46:47 am »

I DID IT

I GOT COMPARED TO SOMEONE FAVORABLY

I ARE WINNER
Kill her and take her brain. Then whenever anyway disagrees with you, just say "would you rather speak to Abagail?" while pointing at it.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26906 on: January 20, 2016, 02:48:57 am »

Yeah i probably will sell the Amp though.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26907 on: January 20, 2016, 03:02:14 am »

This is pretty much my entire thoughts on the subject. hence why ive posted one thing on the subject.
Abstract's backstory is pure stasis dementia. Whether they accept it, or whether we accept that they don't is irrellevant.

Now we should do more important things like be depressed about how piecewise didnt give us a descriptive writeup of the whole kangaroo court getting thrown out the airlock.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26908 on: January 20, 2016, 03:05:03 am »

Let's just stop talking about it it dosent really matter it's both just our opinions on the matter and really eh neither of us are gonna budge.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26909 on: January 20, 2016, 03:06:37 am »

My mental image of it is that they just continued the trial like nothing happened even as they were getting blown out and fished out.
Pages: 1 ... 1792 1793 [1794] 1795 1796 ... 2205