Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1788 1789 [1790] 1791 1792 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2485505 times)

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #26835 on: January 19, 2016, 06:37:01 pm »

Just realised Vincent is PROBABLY in the same room as Dester, as Dester called for a meeting before shit hit the fan
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #26836 on: January 19, 2016, 06:44:30 pm »

Oh don't worry I intend to get off the mission as soon as I can. Gotta do things.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26837 on: January 19, 2016, 06:49:59 pm »

Miya's request to keep people from being disruptive is reasonable, having the trial behind closed doors is not. Lyra has a reason to be there for Maurice because of her history with him, Abigail for example does not. Lyra also is quiet by nature.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #26838 on: January 19, 2016, 06:51:03 pm »

Poor Dester. The guy's going to end up with a heap of mental trauma , after all he's seen. Not as much as Gus just received, but still.

Also, this is the second character I've had instantly die early on in the mission, without actually seeing any combat. Third time's the charm, I suppose.
Dester started out a tad scarred. his personality is being either broken or boiled down to it's essence by all this. he might not have the same level trauma that Gus got, but then again ...

hey, Gus saw combat back on M23. When we wee doing the illegal emigration part, he acted as security and had to hold some people down, and later, he fought with the security forces to keep the shipping docks open for us against riots and stuff. it was abstracted, but he was there.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26839 on: January 19, 2016, 06:57:02 pm »

Joke or no joke, Maurice could hold everyone in the room ransom, if he wanted. With the AM disabled and space magic being unreliable, he and any dead man switch he might be using can't be countered with 100% certainty. All he needs is an active jammer to stop Steve from interfering Actually, he doesn't even need that, he already has his shock implant removed. Still, an active jammer might still help since it would prevent Steve from interfering or even using Green Storm on others present.

I still don't see what good that would do for him though, unless used in a "Shut up and let me talk!" moment, for RP emphasis. Even then, he'd probably be making things worse for himself, if that is even possible. He's being put on trial by two guys who just lost things that were very important to them (Milno the AM and Miyamoto his plans). Not the best  position to be in.

That's would be Flint's opinion if he was on the Sword right now. Use the Spock argument. You can't a fair trial when the judges are emotionally compromised and are thus liable to not judge fairly but rather get influenced by their emotions.

Yeah. Well, one could argue Maurice is being nice and actually loyal to the ARM. The Socrates argument, so to speak. Too bad they probably might not be rational enough right now to understand that. :)

And I honestly wish that Maurice would get at some point through the temporarily-thickened skull of Milno in that the AM isn't lost yet. She might be soon, she might be as a result of the attempts to save her, but she isn't yet. Oh well.

For those considering making new characters: A new background option is available! Project Wunderkinder has officially come to fruition, by word of Piecewise.

A Hephaestus-born character, raised in conditions strictly aimed at maximizing your mental abilities, honing your mind, creativity and knowledge to utmost degree (physical fitness, practical and social skills might or might not have been ignored less emphasized; but personal training often provided or at least possible). Both "successful" graduates and "rejected" troublemakers options are available, so no real restrictions on stats/skills combination (though graduates, of course, are likely to have buffed Mind stat in particular). Age of up to 22 (age discrepancies explained by earlier stasis'ing).
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26840 on: January 19, 2016, 07:02:15 pm »

Would we be able to play a mission 23 survivor?... Like, one of the ones that was originally going to become a ghost ship mind, not the company crew, as they still think they are working for a shipping company
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #26841 on: January 19, 2016, 07:17:27 pm »

Would we be able to play a mission 23 survivor?... Like, one of the ones that was originally going to become a ghost ship mind, not the company crew, as they still think they are working for a shipping company
I don't see why we wouldn't be able to.

It's been bugging me a little since the beginning: the On-Ship thread's misnomer. It was Ronald 9wolfkit's character), not Paris, who accidentally discharged.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #26842 on: January 19, 2016, 07:19:07 pm »

Weren't the wunderkinder artificially bred using Hephaestus personnel's genetic material?  So I could play Maurice and Simus' son?  That would be fun, and almost as good a character as my current backup.

Too bad my attempt to steal like a quarter of the kids and shove them in deliberately-broken stasis machines never got processed. :(

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26843 on: January 19, 2016, 07:35:58 pm »

@syvarris Well, yes, they were in the genetic pool too. And yes, that person is certainly available for roleplaying... I guess.

It's been bugging me a little since the beginning: the On-Ship thread's misnomer. It was Ronald 9wolfkit's character), not Paris, who accidentally discharged.

I, uh, have reported your finding to Piecewise. Well, uh, he's updated the thread title. Yeah.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26844 on: January 19, 2016, 08:07:40 pm »

Never fear, I'll seek to ... rectify it soon enough.

The strength of Xan's Oedipus complex shall be known for all eternity by the time I'm done!
Sig! Onol

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #26845 on: January 19, 2016, 08:16:37 pm »

Oh, so he's collecting teammates' corpses so that he can stitch them all together and reassemble blonko?  And then violate said corpse doll?  Please tell me you're going to disable your allies' brains' camera feeds before you violate their stitched-together corpses.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26846 on: January 19, 2016, 08:17:43 pm »

No no no. Bigger in ... scope? Scope. Scope sounds like the right word.

Though I applaud you for remembering that obscure character detail.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 08:20:23 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #26847 on: January 19, 2016, 08:21:46 pm »

Quote from: IRC
[21:41] <Swordsmith04> Hmm. Piecewise, do any of the tempdead lose attribute points?
[21:44] <Piecewise> Yes
[21:44] <Piecewise> they should lose 2 points from somewhere, they choose
[21:44] <Nikitian> Aw, bloody.. M'kay.
[21:45] <Nikitian> Wait, does that include skill points?
[21:45] <realnav> poor nunzillor
[21:46] <realnav> this character lost points before her fist levelup
[21:46] <realnav> poor poor nunzillor
[21:46] <Nikitian> Owww
[21:46] <Swordsmith04> Oops, now I regret asking that.
[21:48] <Swordsmith04> Piecewise, are the 2 lost points from stats AND skills, or stats OR skills?
[21:49] <Piecewise> Sword two points from anywhere, they choose

(Sorry Nunzillor)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26848 on: January 19, 2016, 08:22:54 pm »

and the moral of this story is, never ask.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26849 on: January 19, 2016, 08:23:15 pm »

First thing I thought of when you said oedipus is "Sex with mother"
Pages: 1 ... 1788 1789 [1790] 1791 1792 ... 2205