Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1787 1788 [1789] 1790 1791 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2485524 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #26820 on: January 19, 2016, 05:33:03 pm »

RIP Gus. You were a loyal companion. watching you dissolve in front of him will be a memory Dester will likely not forget.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26821 on: January 19, 2016, 05:34:49 pm »

Question: Is it a tactically sound idea to have such a significant concentration of brass in one room for the marsupial judiciary?

I mean if someone pulled a Leo (but with foresight and a dead-man's-switch) that's a pretty big risk.

Especially when the wallaby tribunal is about accusing a whole group of heavily-armed men who recently vanished into the throbbing asshole of the universe of high treason after allowing them to requisition high-explosive at the kiosk.

just something to think about.

But negotiation with explosives is what ARM is all about, man. Honestly, most trials would be way more fun if at least one participant was rigged with explosives.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26822 on: January 19, 2016, 05:39:15 pm »

Heh. Ryan will forget it. He's doped out of his mind on general anesthetic.

And yes, short-term memory erasure works.

TAKE THE GODDAMN DRUGS, DESTER. However, you will also forget Gus' dissolving if you do so.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #26823 on: January 19, 2016, 05:40:49 pm »

So yeah, I'll just have Petra take the drugs. Might not work, but it avoids meta-ing since she wouldn't have any reason to think self-termination works.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #26824 on: January 19, 2016, 05:58:29 pm »

If you get to him, he will take the drugs. you were in the infirmary, we were in the control room. Ryan wouldn't have remembered anyway.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26825 on: January 19, 2016, 06:18:07 pm »

RIP Gus. You were a loyal companion. watching you dissolve in front of him will be a memory Dester will likely not forget.
I really should start figuring out/stating where Vincent exists. Vincent has been a concept that shows up where needed but then vanishes into thin air when no specific location is required, for about a mission and a half now
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #26826 on: January 19, 2016, 06:21:08 pm »

Joke or no joke, Maurice could hold everyone in the room ransom, if he wanted. With the AM disabled and space magic being unreliable, he and any dead man switch he might be using can't be countered with 100% certainty. All he needs is an active jammer to stop Steve from interfering Actually, he doesn't even need that, he already has his shock implant removed. Still, an active jammer might still help since it would prevent Steve from interfering or even using Green Storm on others present.

I still don't see what good that would do for him though, unless used in a "Shut up and let me talk!" moment, for RP emphasis. Even then, he'd probably be making things worse for himself, if that is even possible. He's being put on trial by two guys who just lost things that were very important to them (Milno the AM and Miyamoto his plans). Not the best  position to be in.

That's would be Flint's opinion if he was on the Sword right now. Use the Spock argument. You can't a fair trial when the judges are emotionally compromised and are thus liable to not judge fairly but rather get influenced by their emotions.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26827 on: January 19, 2016, 06:23:10 pm »

Well, I'm sure it'll be an interesting trial, in that case.

Are there any precedents for ARM trials before?

What were the survival rates?
One wheel short of a wagon

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #26828 on: January 19, 2016, 06:25:07 pm »

Technically Xan was put on trial, but he wasn't allowed to defend his own actions. It turned out okay for him.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26829 on: January 19, 2016, 06:26:37 pm »

Poor Dester. The guy's going to end up with a heap of mental trauma , after all he's seen. Not as much as Gus just received, but still.

Also, this is the second character I've had instantly die early on in the mission, without actually seeing any combat. Third time's the charm, I suppose.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26830 on: January 19, 2016, 06:27:16 pm »

I wanna join the trial...

shopping is one thing, but I feel taking IC action before the thread is wrapped up officially might be pushing my luck.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26831 on: January 19, 2016, 06:30:46 pm »

I wanna join the trial...

shopping is one thing, but I feel taking IC action before the thread is wrapped up officially might be pushing my luck.
Abigail might join if she leaves the doctor's soon.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26832 on: January 19, 2016, 06:32:23 pm »

Should I ask piecewise to drop a "consider yourselves back on the ship and ill do the write up later" post?

because that would be handy.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #26833 on: January 19, 2016, 06:33:09 pm »

But I need to stay on Heph for right now.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26834 on: January 19, 2016, 06:36:14 pm »

But I need to be on the sword right this very second D:

maybe say you ran of to join M26 instead of getting on the shuttle?

Pages: 1 ... 1787 1788 [1789] 1790 1791 ... 2205