Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1786 1787 [1788] 1789 1790 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2485772 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #26805 on: January 19, 2016, 04:51:42 pm »

@Kedly Yeah, I know. I meant that if he was informed somehow, he still could.

@RC And, in response, I must OOCly ask forgiveness and understanding for all the IC friction that may happen during this long-waited trial. :)

From all of you who are participating. Let's enjoy this IC event and keep the two worlds' emotions disconnected, shall we?
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #26806 on: January 19, 2016, 04:52:07 pm »

Who is this Comrade Dimitri and why do I not know them.
the manifestation from my Id manifester. from the wiki:
The manifestation resembles a stern looking man in a clean cut military uniform. He has 4 faces ringed around his head, all of which are constantly shouting orders and then insults when those orders aren't obeyed. He has 8 arms, each one holding a book, a scroll, a black glass orb or a hovering green flame. His legs disappear into a haze of flame at about the shin and he hovers in place. Coiled around his body are ruby red serpents with buzzard heads.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26807 on: January 19, 2016, 04:53:00 pm »

Who is this Comrade Dimitri and why do I not know them.
*looks at avatar*
Think of it as General Pancaek's Persona. Except Freudian. And with Urge-to-Fuck-or-Murder Links instead of Social Links.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #26808 on: January 19, 2016, 04:58:59 pm »

A small correction: I think Steve doesn't keep a close eye on Hephaestus. That's more Aresteve's job. And from what I've gathered, Aresteve usually is a bit more introverted than Steve. He focuses more on doing his work and letting others do their own work, unless bothered. He doesn't meddle directly or care about people as much. Or at least, not in the same way as Steve. Edit: Or at least, that's the impression he's giving me.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 05:00:43 pm by Parisbre56 »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #26809 on: January 19, 2016, 05:00:17 pm »

@M26 Discussion
Saint did ask Heph if they observed any anomalous effects before shutting down comms, and was clearly enacting quarantine for something extremely dangerous.  If Steve's paying attention, he probably realizes things are bad, but he probably isn't.  And he rarely shocks unless explicitly asked, anyway.  With luck though, Saint'll shock all of you unconcious--he has +2 mind, so he should stand a decent chance of resisting.

If you're desperate to survive, and don't have a convienent way to knock yourself out, you can always commit suicide.  Monorazor to the throat, gauss round to the heart--as long as it doesn't destroy the brain, you can be revived later.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #26810 on: January 19, 2016, 05:01:13 pm »

Do we have any confirmation that would work?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26811 on: January 19, 2016, 05:02:11 pm »

Nope. But seeing as memory altering drugs and sheer determination both work, it's our best bet.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26812 on: January 19, 2016, 05:04:03 pm »

...Memory altering drugs? What?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26813 on: January 19, 2016, 05:04:27 pm »

This is where the lethal part of ER kicks in. We're being forced to act before whe know everything, so we have no choice but to take risks.
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #26814 on: January 19, 2016, 05:04:45 pm »

No?  It's clearly a mind-based effect though, and if you're dead you have no mind.  I'd argue it's just as reliable as unconciousness, and probably moreso.

PREPOSTEDIT: X3 NINJA COMBO!

Realedit: Ryan survived by having the medical staff inject him with painkillers so strong that he forgot about the entire thing.  That's what Emp's talking about.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26815 on: January 19, 2016, 05:07:17 pm »

We're being forced to act before whe know everything, so we have no choice but to take risks.

Been there, done that. Always a bad situation.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26816 on: January 19, 2016, 05:09:55 pm »

You know, considering that Petra has no hands anymore, I'm not sure if she could knock herself out or kill herself without risking destruction of the brain.

And even if she did safely kill herself... how would anyone still present be picked up?
Sigtext!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #26817 on: January 19, 2016, 05:12:51 pm »

You know, considering that Petra has no hands anymore, I'm not sure if she could knock herself out or kill herself without risking destruction of the brain.

And even if she did safely kill herself... how would anyone still present be picked up?
There's an entire planet. With people. And even other ARMy men on it. It's not that hard.

Edit: If you need to weaponise the anomaly for some reason (although I can't imagine why) you can always use the method depicted by Monty Python in their "Deadly Joke" sketch: split it to multiple parts that are harmless (or at least less harmful) individually.

Edit2:
@Beirus: If you're reading this, I just wanted to inform you that depending on how much we get paid, I might need you to finally pay me back some of those tokens.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 05:22:23 pm by Parisbre56 »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #26818 on: January 19, 2016, 05:23:11 pm »

My current plan is to test if sods are affected, and if they aren't, to tell Heph to have some expendable humans start looking at various camera feeds under controlled conditions.  After that, we can start sending down sods and humans to rescue people.  Things will be even easier if sods are immune, because sods already in the facility can rescue the wounded immediately.

'Course, that's assuming Saint survives.  If not, whoever lives will have to get one of the orbiting warships to send a message because the Apoc Lab is blocked.

Edit:Also, having no hands doesn't stop you from killing yourself--you've got lips and a brain!  Be creative!  We've got a staff of armed elite soldier cyborg clones, so you can ask one of the them to kill you.  If there aren't any nearby, send a facility-wide message to drain the atmosphere from the section that you're in; your suit's seal is compromised, and the planet we're on has no atmosphere (Remind PW of this first, though).  Heck, you don't have a bonus to endurance, so smashing your head against a wall might knock you out, if you're lucky.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26819 on: January 19, 2016, 05:32:36 pm »

Question: Is it a tactically sound idea to have such a significant concentration of brass in one room for the marsupial judiciary?

I mean if someone pulled a Leo (but with foresight and a dead-man's-switch) that's a pretty big risk.

Especially when the wallaby tribunal is about accusing a whole group of heavily-armed men who recently vanished into the throbbing asshole of the universe of high treason after allowing them to requisition high-explosive at the kiosk.

just something to think about.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright
Pages: 1 ... 1786 1787 [1788] 1789 1790 ... 2205