Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1777 1778 [1779] 1780 1781 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2486621 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #26670 on: January 18, 2016, 12:19:27 pm »

@RC: If you're afraid it would take too much time, then isn't the best solution to that problem to start it ASAP? If you spend time not starting the trial worrying about how you can save time, then you might end up wasting more time than you save.

Normally, I wouldn't say anything, but given the latest PW's post, I feel inclined to agree with Paris here; we should probably try and resolve this faster. If you'll excuse me, I still have a few things to do in this universe.

So: a new thread/group PMs, just the few relevant people included, and then publish the results/logs if we do it via PMs?
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26671 on: January 18, 2016, 12:35:48 pm »

New mission set is still being worked on (or so I heard in IRC), so we have some time for organizing lynching mob.
Yeah see, if it were like this, I'd totally agree and be up to do this trial the long and right way, with all the legal shenanigans you could shake a stick at.

lets get these missions up and running quick like, if we can.
But then pw came and crapped over that plan like so much incontinent cattle (as per his divine gm right), so we'll have to move things into the speed lane.

@RC: If you're afraid it would take too much time, then isn't the best solution to that problem to start it ASAP? If you spend time not starting the trial worrying about how you can save time, then you might end up wasting more time than you save.

You are very, very correct. Problem was that I was foolishly waiting for people to pm me back (a classic blunder :P ), and that I wasn't entirely sure if pw would go into the usual "oh god let's get these missions started NOWNOWNOW" mode, and I didn't want to needlessly do this small scale and deny people fun rp potential needlessly. And assuming direct control when there's no gm fiat or public want is also something I try to avoid when possible. But now that it's clear that we are indeed on a timer here, and that pw won't be taking the reigns over it, MIYAMOTYRANT POWERS ACTIV- etc. etc. you know the drill.

So: a new thread/group PMs, just the few relevant people included, and then publish the results/logs if we do it via PMs?
I'll start getting people up to speed. I'll ask pw if we can use the limbo thread (a lot of rp between a lot of people can get confusing over pm, or so I've noticed) or if we should make a new thread.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26672 on: January 18, 2016, 12:46:28 pm »

We can do the trial while missions take place no problem. Just say we did it before missions.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26673 on: January 18, 2016, 12:50:02 pm »

We can do the trial while missions take place no problem. Just say we did it before missions.
Seeing as how that trial could potentially have serious IC fallout, I think avoiding having to retcon things would be good to have here. Also, I don't have endless free time right now, and the more people involved, the more work in coordinating things.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 12:52:15 pm by Radio Controlled »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #26674 on: January 18, 2016, 12:57:05 pm »

Should we open up a new thread and do the trail there? Or do you think we could coordinate an IRC one?

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26675 on: January 18, 2016, 12:58:05 pm »

How many people are really needed? Maurice (accused), Ulrich (witness) and Miya (judge) at least.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26676 on: January 18, 2016, 12:58:43 pm »

Definitely new thread. IRC logs are much less nice to look at than a forum thread and this is something people will probably want to read later.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26677 on: January 18, 2016, 12:59:22 pm »

@Radio Controlled Ah, wait, you mean without Steve's presence on the trial?..

I am very unhappy that it is against Piecewise's current schedule to request his active participation, but I believe it's simply wrong for IC reasons here, so I'd rather insist on his participation, even if token.

Alternatively, we could handwave it as "Steve is too busy saving galaxy full of people", but then it's going to get... weird. Mark my words.

And finally: please, please, let's start a new thread or go over PM (and then repost everything On-Ship). Limbo is really archive-binge-reading unfriendly, I'm afraid.

Edit: Piecewise! Well, some of the above might be relevant.

Edit2: @Aoshima: Milno too, I believe. The board of Generals is incomplete without his presence.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26678 on: January 18, 2016, 12:59:22 pm »

Should we open up a new thread and do the trail there? Or do you think we could coordinate an IRC one?
I cannot possibly do an IRC one, personally, sorry. I'd prefer a thread over pm's, and others (nikitian for one) as well it seems. If you don't want a new thread though, could we maybe borrow the Limbo thread for a while?

Steve would be present, but pw probably won't be arranging the thing, so to speak. Does that make sense?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 01:03:11 pm by Radio Controlled »

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26679 on: January 18, 2016, 01:42:51 pm »

Steve would be present, but pw probably won't be arranging the thing, so to speak. Does that make sense?

Yeah, it does make sense, but I'd hope for greater Steve involvement here (to be the final judge, etc. - not just an observer/supervisor) - oh well, let's go with the somewhat "weird" route, that is fine too. All the more fun for everyone present. ;)

We will definitely need Milno/Caellath present as well in that case, though.
Past Sigs

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #26680 on: January 18, 2016, 01:49:12 pm »

What IC fallout are there? I thought only Maurice would be on trial. Unless you intend to put the entire mission/team on trial.

Or unless Maurice intends to try to fight. I can see it right now.
Maurice stood up and pointed his finger at Miyamoto.
"Objection!" he yelled, punctuating his disagreement with a blast from his hand laser that made a small dark spot on the Avatar's face.

The two looked at each other. There was silence for a moment. Then someone in the audience started to get up, as if to say something, breaking the stillness of the courtroom.

The giant synthflesh hand moved with incredible speed, loudly slamming Maurice and his desk against the floor, bringing the courtroom into order more quickly than any gavel could.

"Overruled." the synthflesh giant proclaimed calmly, his alien vocal chords producing an angelic choir of a thousand otherworldly voices, as he lifted his hand and inspected the bloody gore and wooden shrapnel clinging to it.
In fact, it could work as a four panel comic.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26681 on: January 18, 2016, 01:50:24 pm »

Hah, wouldn't that be grand.

But yeah, it would kinda be the entire team. See, as far as I know, neither me nor Cael know IC what happened exactly, and Steve hasn't told anyone about that. So far as they know 'something' happened on that mission that unleashed the lurker, but i don't think they have a reason to suspect Maurice (initially at least).

Maybe I'm just paranoid, probably am, but I can already see the missions kicking off, the courtroom gets out of hand somehow, and suddenly we have to retcon away a few people.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 01:54:02 pm by Radio Controlled »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26682 on: January 18, 2016, 01:52:54 pm »

I demand that a Luchasod be present!

Still, I'm against killing him. His medical skills are too damn good to lose. If anything, you ought to just NPC'ify him like Bruce through unethical brain surgery.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26683 on: January 18, 2016, 01:55:29 pm »

Hah, wouldn't that be grand.

But yeah, it would kinda be the entire team. See,

Oh no, Radio Controlled is also affected by the meta-cancer! The end is really

-ah well, he edited.
Anyway, in that case, I must object: the mission is responsibility of the person commanding it, so Maurice is on trial. Now, in that sort of a trial, there wouldn't yet be the need for Ulrich as the witness in the specific case of unleashing the Lurker, but it's still about the mission leader.

And, technically, Milno knows a little. Maurice has just told him himself. :P
Past Sigs

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26684 on: January 18, 2016, 02:00:44 pm »

We will definitely need Milno/Caellath present as well in that case, though.
Cael is the one I was waiting for a pm for. Cause yeah, if he isn't at least a voice when it comes to deciding, it'd just be Miya's call, which spits in the face of due process might not be entirely fair. Guess a third person would help, but I can't immediately think of someone (most people Miya'd think to ask are on mission or were on that mission itself). We'll have to see if Cael is still up for it.

Anyway, in that case, I must object: the mission is responsibility of the person commanding it, so Maurice is on trial. Now, in that sort of a trial, there wouldn't yet be the need for Ulrich as the witness in the specific case of unleashing the Lurker, but it's still about the mission leader.
It'll probably shift to that naturally soon, but still. Each will probably get to tell his version of the facts anyway.

Pages: 1 ... 1777 1778 [1779] 1780 1781 ... 2205