Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1767 1768 [1769] 1770 1771 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2485715 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #26520 on: January 15, 2016, 10:46:50 am »

I tried doing sir jackson, all i got was a yellow image, no change, no patterns.. its all yellow
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26521 on: January 15, 2016, 10:49:06 am »

I tried my real name.

All black.
One wheel short of a wagon

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26522 on: January 15, 2016, 12:32:08 pm »

Unrelated but I'm curious: Those of you have played my various games, what is it about them you liked and what did you dislike?

For future reference.

I've read a good bit of the non-ER games despite not playing them, and the creativity, well thought out settings and dark humor are both omnipresent and some of my favorite aspects. ER still feels threatening even to veteran characters and while being careful tends to keep you alive for longer, there's still the slim prospect of getting something cool and/or eldritch out of deadly or dangerous actions/situations (HALLELUJAH, sharkmist, doomarms...) that was likely the reason that drove Nikitian to try his shot at godhood.

And to beat a dead horse, the most relevant of my minor gripes is the vagueness that causes people (I included, several times) to ask for further details on the scenario so they can make more informed choices/actions, though I do think part of it stems from the sheer size of the game as is. Balancing is a minor problem on the side as well.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nunzillor

« Reply #26523 on: January 15, 2016, 03:20:55 pm »

So... new character that hopefully won't die as quickly.  Any tips for safely charging a force infuser?  Preferably something more powerful than just slamming it against a wall a few times.

Also, is using it a dex or exo roll?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 03:23:17 pm by Nunzillor »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26524 on: January 15, 2016, 03:21:19 pm »

So, is Nikitian actually going to be given a full court martial? Or are all the space magicians going to just interrogate a confession out of him mafia style?

So... new character that hopefully won't die as quickly.  Any tips for safely charging a force infuser?  Preferably something more powerful than just slamming it against a wall a few times.
In or out of a combat situation?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 03:23:04 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26525 on: January 15, 2016, 03:22:53 pm »

All in due time.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #26526 on: January 15, 2016, 03:23:13 pm »

So, is Nikitian actually going to be given a full court martial? Or are all the space magicians going to just interrogate a confession out of him mafia style?
Ooh can i break his knee caps if he doesn't talk!
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Nunzillor

« Reply #26527 on: January 15, 2016, 03:23:50 pm »

In or out of a combat situation?
Edit: sorry, I meant not in a combat situation.  To be used in a combat situation, but charged before it.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26528 on: January 15, 2016, 03:26:47 pm »

Safest way would obviously be to have a spare battery, but that isn't the most economical option. What about a captive bolt pistol? Just shoot the disc with it a few times. It'll still cost you one or two tokens, but it'd be reusable and if all else fails you can just use it to kill people in melee.

Oh, out of a combat situation, well, the captive bolt still works though it might make some noise. Maybe some rapidly vibrating implement you hold against the disc? It'd be slower but quieter.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 03:30:18 pm by Empiricist »

Nunzillor

« Reply #26529 on: January 15, 2016, 03:30:24 pm »

That makes sense, but can it be acquired for free?  Likewise, will I need to pay to resupply it with ammunition?  If payment is required, it makes sense when I get my hands on more funds, but is currently not a possibility without borrowing (which I'd like to avoid trying to do).

Edit: vibration thingy sounds good, I'll see if those can be made easily.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 03:34:03 pm by Nunzillor »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26530 on: January 15, 2016, 03:35:58 pm »

Well, modern captive bolt pistols use smokeless powder cartridges, but you might be able to get one here that just runs off of electricity like a miniaturized stake driver. Or one that uses electroreactive shape memory alloys, though those would evidently more expensive to buy but they'd be pretty powerful so you could go No Country for Old Men on people with it.

Well, you could just flap your arms like a bird wildly, that would recharge it. Probably a bit slowly though. I guess if you hold something vibrating or shaking, it would also do it without making you look like an idiot. Well, assuming of course that the most powerful thing the armory gives for free in that category isn't a terrifying large dildo or something. Actually, just leaning against a wall might even work.

Nunzillor

« Reply #26531 on: January 15, 2016, 03:41:52 pm »

The bolt pistol (or mini stake driver) seems best when urgency is required, while the vibrating item makes sense for background charging (and may be faster than just leaning on it or gripping it).  I'll see if I can make the stake driver and acquire the vibrating implement.  Thanks.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26532 on: January 15, 2016, 03:50:06 pm »

Why not just slam it repeatedly against a metal wall?

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26533 on: January 15, 2016, 03:54:43 pm »

Craft an ethanol powered motor out of scrap metal. Use it to power a piston or striking arm. Set it up to repeatedly strike the force infuser.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Nunzillor

« Reply #26534 on: January 15, 2016, 03:59:26 pm »

Why not just slam it repeatedly against a metal wall?
Might not always have that option, either because there's no walls around or stealth is required.  Better to have something portable that only makes one sound (small stake driver) rather than multiple thudding sounds.

The vibrating thingy would be better than slamming for non-urgent background charging because it can probably be done close to silently (if in a backpack compartment) and it will automatically charge over time, freeing me to do other things while charging it.

I like the ethanol powered motor, though it would require a refuel now and then.  Since the fuel is free though, seems economical.  I might just go with the stake driver and vibrator and look into the briefcase welder combo for a generator when I get more funds.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 04:03:10 pm by Nunzillor »
Pages: 1 ... 1767 1768 [1769] 1770 1771 ... 2205