Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1752 1753 [1754] 1755 1756 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2485109 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #26295 on: January 09, 2016, 03:51:27 pm »

Quote from: Spider!Player
Quote from: Spider!PW
You emerge from your entry vehicles. you find yourselves in a blank, featureless room with a single door out. The door appears to have strange controls beside it, in a language you don't understand.
Mess with the alien door controls.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26296 on: January 09, 2016, 04:08:19 pm »

*reads thread*
*Starts laughing*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26297 on: January 09, 2016, 04:45:33 pm »

And our first contact with extra-universal beings shall be met with fire! LOTS OF FIRE!!!
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #26298 on: January 09, 2016, 05:00:15 pm »

-snip-

Wait a minute! How many recorded cases of backstabbing have we in the history of this game? Straight PvP might be more common (the epic fight for the TV remote!) but it still comes rather out of boredom, rather than on missions.

Now, instead, we should look for other traits. Have they acted extremely foolishly and openly, have they killed innocent creatures, have they tried breaking that which they cannot yet understand, but would really like to?.. :P

They are just as HMRC as we are. No more competent or less troublesome. This... this is the real First Contact, friends.
I never said backstabbing. Just stabbing in general. and they've been in our universe one turn and are already attempting to break the door. Give 'em a round or two and something weird is certain to happen. I wonder if they have their version of space magic? One of them is going to turn purple and grow very big, and another s going to vomit acid on a teammate to cure it when it bashes it's head repeatedly against the wall in a [failed general knowledge(-2) roll] attempt to find an exit.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26299 on: January 09, 2016, 05:15:26 pm »

You should inform the Doctor at once of them. You know, in case he wants some pets.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26300 on: January 09, 2016, 05:27:46 pm »

@Ozarck I apologise. I indeed saw (somewhere after writing the post) that you said "stab a teammate" not "backstab", but I hoped I alluded to that enough with "straight PvP" (which, as I think, is still more common outside of missions). ...But, now that I think of it, there are also other kinds of activity than PvP when you get to stab a teammate. Like alien possession. Or a very interesting [Med] roll. :D

Now I have to wonder. Will they experience any "weird xenos shit" from being in our universe, in a (to our perception) plain, featureless room? Will anyone go mad and possessed because of seeing things, or some weird psychic activity, or something like that (imperceptible to us because either it's something we as a species of this universe are adapted to (like background radiation, only with more madness), or because it's something they as a species are accustomed to, but our universe is lacking)?..
In short, will this blank, featureless room be a Lovecraftian scene to them?

(If it isn't, then okay, but if it is - they are definitely playing spirderHMRC and this is their current mission. A sufficient condition, if you will. ;) )

Also, huh. Spid-ER. >_> Someone should definitely make a spider-spinoff of ER...
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #26302 on: January 09, 2016, 06:26:22 pm »

Could you please expand a little on that psionic sword idea? I believe we could make a most beneficient pact there.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #26303 on: January 09, 2016, 07:26:06 pm »

Sure.  Just remember that I came up with this back when I was even more of a munchkin.

In D&D 3.5, there's rules for intelligent weapons.  Intelligent weapons get their own mental ability scores, and an overall "goal" like "kill all giants", "Protect those who are weak", etc.  They also got an ego score, which was rolled against their user's will save if the user didn't work towards the weapon's goal.  So, if an evil guy stole the paladin's intelligent +5 holy defending bastard sword, and tried to destroy an orphanage, the sword might mind control him and make him donate all his gold to the orphanage instead.  IIRC, there were rules on how one or the other would gain overall dominance eventually, and ego rolls wouldn't have to be made after that point.

I really, intensely wanted to convince a DM to let me play a sword with the goal of "defend [type of individual that is convenient to the party]".  The sword would be wielded by a party member, then stabbed into a (preferably stupid) enemy and left there.  Then the sword uses its ego to MC the enemy, and turn it against its allies.  Host dies?  No problem, have your buddy pick you up and stab the next orc encountered.  TPK?  Well, aren't magical weapons the loot that is always picked up?  Don't like the local official's laws?  Stab him and let the sword change them.

This was probably a hilariously gross misreading of the intelligent weapon rules, but it's a really fun idea anyway.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26304 on: January 09, 2016, 07:49:44 pm »

Just remember that I came up with this back when I was even more of a munchkin.

This eludes me.

As for the concept, I have that character, mage, that was once possesed by a demon, undergone physical metamorphism, but then the demon was banished from his altered body. While this would usually kill the host, he survived an brought along some of his personality, but he now longues to bind with a more powerful being because he felt the immense power of the demon inside him once and human power levels just don't cut it for him anymore. He can't stand his own weakness and is more prone to look for a quick rise in power in exhange for anything he has to offer rather than work to improve through training.
He would totally do whatever the sword's personality wishes for as long as he can draw magic power from it, he doesn't have any life goals other than getting more and more power.
Magic power is a one hell of a drug.

I will be willing to give in control of him if the sword wins ego rolls.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 07:51:34 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #26305 on: January 09, 2016, 07:56:32 pm »

ER talk being made tomorrow.

Put your questions you know where.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26306 on: January 09, 2016, 07:57:11 pm »

Put your questions you know where.
Actually I don't?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Nunzillor

« Reply #26307 on: January 09, 2016, 08:00:06 pm »

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26308 on: January 09, 2016, 08:21:24 pm »

Oh boy. That's gonna be a long talk, it seems.
Sigs

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26309 on: January 10, 2016, 04:38:47 am »

Shouldn't the Lurker incident be given it's own name? Because frankly it really tops all our standard class 9 incidents by large margin.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 1752 1753 [1754] 1755 1756 ... 2205