Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1740 1741 [1742] 1743 1744 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2486614 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #26115 on: December 31, 2015, 03:47:45 pm »

Mycroft's New Years resolution is to continue not dying.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26116 on: December 31, 2015, 03:48:33 pm »

Dubley's new years resolution is to get a battlesuit.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26118 on: December 31, 2015, 04:01:19 pm »

Assaultsuit battlesuit same thing. The specific variant of battlesuit I am planning on getting is a mobility assaultsuit.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26119 on: December 31, 2015, 04:02:13 pm »

My new years resolution is to not stop with the childish and immature coordinates for m26
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26120 on: December 31, 2015, 04:08:44 pm »

Mycroft's New Years resolution is to continue not dying.
Smart choice.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #26121 on: December 31, 2015, 06:04:53 pm »

the Omega Legion currently has no less than seven characters with -2 charisma. exactly one of them hasn't tried to influence an npc yet.

It is a miracle they haven't been lynched yet. Especially Team One.

Oh, Egan, Terrance has found your contact.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26122 on: December 31, 2015, 06:07:31 pm »

the Omega Legion currently has no less than seven characters with -2 charisma. exactly one of them hasn't tried to influence an npc yet.

Oh, Egan, Terrance has found your contact.
What's reggies charisma again?

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #26123 on: December 31, 2015, 06:13:52 pm »

Speaking of Omega Legion.

A few turns ago THEY said to Arileth that the food will be served in an hour. Did we basedwellers missed that?
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26124 on: December 31, 2015, 06:32:27 pm »

In Simmie's experience, trying to influence bigjobs is useless. He found that if he wants one to do anything, the best way is to shout, threaten and slap them a bit until they obey, or they just stand and gawk, ignore him, laugh, or run away, the silly creatures! Imagine, some even have the nerve to try to stomp on him... Crivens!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 06:34:20 pm by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26125 on: December 31, 2015, 06:37:26 pm »

The world is not ready for one such as Reggie i feel.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #26126 on: December 31, 2015, 07:27:07 pm »

The high proportion of -2 charisma people is probably due to you saying it's basically fantasy ER.  In ER, we rarely have to deal with people, and even when we do, it's typically a heavily armored and armed person trying to intimidate a helpless civvie... which doesn't have much room for failure.  Most important NPCs who actually matter can be interacted with without rolling Cha, too.  And, of course, most games don't require more than one charismatic person per team.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26127 on: December 31, 2015, 07:59:06 pm »

You seem to be doing a good job making Cha actually useful. :P

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #26128 on: December 31, 2015, 08:16:30 pm »

You seem to be doing a good job making Cha actually useful. :P
I've rolled a few int rolls too.

The high proportion of -2 charisma people is probably due to you saying it's basically fantasy ER.  In ER, we rarely have to deal with people, and even when we do, it's typically a heavily armored and armed person trying to intimidate a helpless civvie... which doesn't have much room for failure.  Most important NPCs who actually matter can be interacted with without rolling Cha, too.  And, of course, most games don't require more than one charismatic person per team.
I guess I tend to send you guys to a few more wel populated places, with a tad less firepower :P So far, I think I've rolled all the stats at least once, with the possible exceptions of memory and dex. Haven't rolled ranged, sharp, blunt or medical rolls yet. Next mission set should have at least one combat heavy mission, so look forward to that.

I hope it hasn't been disappointing. I've been enjoying writing for it. You guys are hilarious.

Speaking of Omega Legion.

A few turns ago THEY said to Arileth that the food will be served in an hour. Did we basedwellers missed that?

uh ...
no, it just got lost in the mix. I'll whip up a meal turn for you base guys if you want. See, I was more expecting you to do a little more exploring, but I may have been a little vague about what you saw. basically you are in what appears to be a curved canyon with halls carved into the outer side of it. along those halls are some common rooms and little kitchens, kinda like some college dorms have, only, you know, fantasy medieval, not postmodern Electrical. Also, because it's sort of a base for cast=offs of society, it isn't exactly well stocked and pretty. Now, there are other doors and things along the canyon that you haven't been in yet. the main dining hall is there, and the residents can eat communal meals there. It isn't always the safest place to eat though, considering the type of people you live with. As for your little, separate kitchens, well, you need to stock them yourselves from on mission, or with rewards for missions. There are, I'll say, approximately ten rooms per hall. It varies per hall though, and some can have as few as ... oh, four rooms. You guys can decide if you are on the same hall or not. Oh, and there are stairs in the wall of the canyon, along with wide ledges and some narrow ledges, with halls off them too.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26129 on: January 01, 2016, 02:15:00 am »

Happy New Year everybody!

Dester Okarck, you're doing a fine job.

And I didn't realize that the fisher guy was important. Whoopsie.
Pages: 1 ... 1740 1741 [1742] 1743 1744 ... 2205