Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1706 1707 [1708] 1709 1710 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2485615 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #25605 on: December 17, 2015, 04:29:37 pm »

Alright.

4 tokens to all those people, including you.

Let the populace know.
Okay so Lenglon, Gentlefish, Radio Controlled, NJW2000, and myself each get 4 tokens.

Thank you Piecewise!

Wow, 4 whole tokens? Awesome! Thanks pw!

(A bit unfortunate for the people who didn't get anything for their efforts though. Oh well, guess they can still work on their ideas themselves and monetize it.)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25606 on: December 17, 2015, 04:32:39 pm »

Woot! Free monies! I totally deserve this!
One wheel short of a wagon

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25607 on: December 17, 2015, 04:47:15 pm »

So the fabulous that Aoshima gets is that he gets first dibs for a position in any future forum games I might make.
And I'm not making any at the moment, so he also gained the power to demand that I start making one.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #25608 on: December 17, 2015, 05:56:06 pm »

I've been working on a fantasy oriented ER inspired fan game. PM me if you are interested. No experience in saving the universe necessary to apply.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25610 on: December 17, 2015, 09:39:34 pm »

I've been working on a fantasy oriented ER inspired fan game. PM me if you are interested. No experience in saving the universe necessary to apply.
Color me intrigued.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #25611 on: December 18, 2015, 12:48:56 am »

An opportunity to further spread the Xan strain? I am piqued.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #25612 on: December 18, 2015, 01:50:43 am »

So the fabulous that Aoshima gets is that he gets first dibs for a position in any future forum games I might make.
And I'm not making any at the moment, so he also gained the power to demand that I start making one.

I'll keep that in mind. 8)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25613 on: December 18, 2015, 07:16:46 am »

I might be in-- oh right, PM. Okay then.

Weirdo.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25614 on: December 18, 2015, 08:29:12 am »

multiverse team should try lucky sevens.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #25615 on: December 18, 2015, 08:34:32 am »

Okay, I got enough interest in the pms to flesh out the setting for you guys. I'll take reservations for spots in the game from this thread and from pms, either way. Are in a sort of Foreign Legion, a squad of society's undesireables who have found themselves at rock bottom. You have joined this Organization to escape imprisonment and death, or to flee from an unhappy life, or because you are that weird. Each character will either be marked by the state, so that if they leave the Legion they will be hunted down, or will voluntarily "Take the Queen's Mark," recieving a coin (the mark) in exchange for loyalty and service. Needless to say, that oath is binding.

As  for tone, that'll be up to you. I have been tinkering with the idea for this for a while, but was spurred on when someone mentioned missing the days when all we were was "idiots in space." So bar fights will be fine, as will mission failure.

Now, for characters: Standard Fantasy races are acceptable. And not just Human, Elf, Dwarf, or Halfling. Pixies, Orc, Goblins, Dryads, lizardmen, and Trolls also. Stats will be standardized, but will havea similar scaling like with Er's human - roboit - exoskeleton - synthflesh - etc, so for instance, a troll with a -1 strength is still going to vastly outpower a pixie with a +4. I'll have a list of generally approved races, and you can pm me for prestige races or for standard races I haven't thought of.

Magic: there are several types of magic, and your character can be proficient in one or possibly more.  Let's see, there will be a set of innate stats, like hte stats in ER, and a set of general skills general knowledge, handiwork, melee, ranged, but you will have a certain number of skill slots, where special skills like magic schools or Command or weapon specialization or (God help Us) medicine.

I'll rely fairly heavily on some of the mechanics from ER just to keep from reinventing the wheel (subject to PW's whim, of course). I can have a first post up this weekend, but I warn you, the setting and backstory are a tad ... nebulous at the moment. I have enough to go on though.

Questions?

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25616 on: December 18, 2015, 08:45:04 am »

Grimdark?

Tech level?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #25617 on: December 18, 2015, 08:58:05 am »

Not particularly grimdark. Maybe a little, but it isn't my best storytelling style. It'll be more mundane, life is what you make of it, kinda stuff. Of course, there's plenty of bad around, but not everyone has their feet planted firmly in the sixth circle of hell.
Tech level is pre-industrial. At least in the realm you start in. Earth is not a good analogy, as there might be anachronistic elements. There might possibly be other entities/realms with different tech settings. if you have a character in mind from a high tech world, pm me. I might bring it in. I figure a quest to reconnect with one's home tech background would be interesting.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #25618 on: December 18, 2015, 09:10:10 am »

How do you feel about a construct or undead race/character?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #25619 on: December 18, 2015, 09:13:07 am »

both are viable, though "Lich King" would be a prestige class. Well, undead spellcaster would be a prestige class, Lich would be a developed character, and Lich King would be a sort of end goal worthy of Xan.

Undead can have access to some magics though. I won't limit it to meatshields and skeleton archers.
Pages: 1 ... 1706 1707 [1708] 1709 1710 ... 2205