Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1699 1700 [1701] 1702 1703 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2484925 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #25500 on: December 15, 2015, 04:53:35 pm »

Just because you were uncool to some people doesn't mean you should make an effort to be uncool to everyone. Be cool to those who you still have the option to be cool to.

True, but there are also other options. Random example, giving a token to everyone who posted in that thread for their effort, even if their idea wasn't used (or even reviewed). This rewards everyone who took the trouble to write out ideas, without punishing those who couldn't post in time.
That might be an okay option. It's just giving a participation prize though, without actually rewarding quality or quantity of work. That's still not very fair. Hmm.

PW could also look through the thread, and give 1-3 tokens based on quantity and/or quality of their suggestions, regardless whether their idea was reviewed or not (things that indeed gave him ideas could be bumped up into a higher category if he wants to). Fairer, though also more work for him (though he could delegate that to the council).

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #25501 on: December 15, 2015, 04:56:48 pm »

Give everyone T-shirts that say "I gave piecewise ideas and all I got was this lousy T-shirt. Good thing he was in a good mood."

You know, because he's a GM and he gives death and threatens tinkerers with death. Yeah, maybe the joke was too subtle.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25502 on: December 15, 2015, 05:00:41 pm »

I wholeheartedly support RC's idea as I'd end up with at least one token, possibly.

Also, by the by, I know there are some biologists and doctors like Baldman out there, and does anyone have any advice on how to replace or reattach a missing hand using a foot long German sausage, a destroyed umbrella, and a syringe launching electrically controlled crossbow?
One wheel short of a wagon

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25503 on: December 15, 2015, 05:01:08 pm »

I only tinkered to create the haebi arm and it was accepted. I'm so proud of my 100% acceptance rate :D

I asked for it mostly because I think it makes for a radical exomedic.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25504 on: December 15, 2015, 05:02:04 pm »

I wholeheartedly support RC's idea as I'd end up with at least one token, possibly.

Also, by the by, I know there are some biologists and doctors like Baldman out there, and does anyone have any advice on how to replace or reattach a missing hand using a foot long German sausage, a destroyed umbrella, and a syringe launching electrically controlled crossbow?
... Don't.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25505 on: December 15, 2015, 05:06:44 pm »

PW could also look through the thread, and give 1-3 tokens based on quantity and/or quality of their suggestions, regardless whether their idea was reviewed or not (things that indeed gave him ideas could be bumped up into a higher category if he wants to). Fairer, though also more work for him (though he could delegate that to the council).
Now we're talking. That still doesn't cover the royalties we were promised for successful designs though.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25506 on: December 15, 2015, 05:09:09 pm »

[well the sharkmist weapons werent really intended as anti armor to begin with...
They were basically meant to be dirt cheap weapons for newbies that give more options than "stab xeno, hurt xeno" and "stab armor, break weapon."
options like "stab sod, tranquilize sod" and "stab xeno, watch xeno melt."

Also the acid version was more to burn through gaps in the armor and debilitate the wearer than to actually degrade the main defensive surfaces.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Nunzillor

« Reply #25507 on: December 15, 2015, 05:11:38 pm »

I'm no doctor, but it seems pretty simple to me.  Attach the umbrella's spine to the radius and ulna with bolts made from the metal supporting the top of the umbrella, and then bolt the crossbow into the umbrella's spine.  Throw out the hand, and eat the sausage to celebrate the successful procedure.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #25508 on: December 15, 2015, 07:55:42 pm »

((Just a question.... How many people wants something with Renen. I only saw one that the Doc told to kill Renen....))

Actually, for some reason the one who the Doc asked to kill you is assaulting a newbie for no apparent reason.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Nunzillor

« Reply #25509 on: December 15, 2015, 07:56:22 pm »

Well, he was challenged to a duel by Abigail in the VR.  Iveson is not one to turn down a duel!

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25510 on: December 15, 2015, 08:04:01 pm »

Guys I think I've gone mad because I just thought of a backup character for if/when Abigail dies and the first thing to come to mind was a rock that can control psyonics And is everygender cannot speak is insane and a destroyer of worlds and also 5000 years old.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25511 on: December 15, 2015, 08:10:52 pm »

@RadioControlled about the payment.
How about 1 token for posting ideas in the thread, 1 token for each [council] stamp because those are a fast and easy way of identifying worthwhile contributions, and standard tinker royalties on any [council] stamps that became a successful product?

Guys I think I've gone mad because I just thought of a backup character for if/when Abigail dies and the first thing to come to mind was a rock that can control psyonics And is everygender cannot speak is insane and a destroyer of worlds and also 5000 years old.
:))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25512 on: December 15, 2015, 08:12:41 pm »

...... I don't think we have any of those, ATH.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25513 on: December 15, 2015, 08:14:00 pm »

The ER world is flowing into you.

Come... let the force enter and modify you...  :D :D
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25514 on: December 15, 2015, 08:17:17 pm »

...... I don't think we have any of those, ATH.
then it shall be done....eventually!!!

The ER world is flowing into you.

Come... let the force enter and modify you...  :D :D
YES THE MADNESS SHALL CONSUME ALL!!
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.
Pages: 1 ... 1699 1700 [1701] 1702 1703 ... 2205