Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1687 1688 [1689] 1690 1691 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2484838 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #25320 on: December 06, 2015, 09:23:20 pm »

Yeah, M23 would be a particularly good 5; You guys went above and beyond your mission objectives, with a little help from the Lurker.

@Ozark
I'm leery of the force infuser and Assaultsuit.  The former because it's very much space magic, even if it's not origin tech.  The latter because it includes hexsand and sharkplate.  Neither should be an issue, as long as they're thoroughly tested first, but I could easily see them failing to work because most space magic is a symptom of our own universe's flaws.  Also, they're another vector that PW can use to fuck us over.

Regardless, we probably won't be using standard armory equipment.  PW said as much, from what I remember.  There's certainly better options; for instance, hex composite is not our strongest armor--it's our most cost-effective armor.  We very well may have access to mythril armor, or perhaps specialized (manip-stripped) anomaly suits, which work better than the assaultsuit.

As far as ships and soldiers, while your own forces are undefined, Heph has loads of both.  We've probably got over a hundred warships which have been system locked by the Lurker.  We have tens of thousands of sods.  And we can churn out enough drones to scout significant portions of Hephaestus in a matter of days.  You probably don't need to worry.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25321 on: December 06, 2015, 10:14:04 pm »

arent 90% of the heph ships manipulator free?

I recall us needing the space magic facility to make the manipulators to give them warp drive, but I also recall us building the ships anyway to increase production.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #25322 on: December 06, 2015, 11:52:03 pm »

I suppose M23 would be a 5? It went basically perfectly.

Nope. M23 was 4. You went to gather 50000 human bodies for unspeakable experiments and did that. If you had established permanent supplyline of bodies, then it would have been 5. Actually, it is better described as 5-1 because M21 caused complications for otherwise fine progress.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25323 on: December 06, 2015, 11:54:36 pm »

It's a 5 with a teammate rolling a 1 at -2 in the same turn. :P

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25324 on: December 07, 2015, 08:28:38 am »

Hmmm... I wonder if mister perfect melee warrior survived Earth 2 self immolating under the weight of its automanipulators going haywire.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #25325 on: December 07, 2015, 11:57:15 am »

@Unholy

Yeah, they were built complete except for empty spots where the AMs could be slotted in.  We figured we could produce more AMs than ships, so this would get us a larger fleet sooner.  Problem is, since AMs can't be used anymore, these ships will never escape the system; at best, we can build a booster rig to launch ships into a neighboring system, but I doubt that would be worth it.  The ships also won't be useful for defense, because the entire UWM navy is at the very least paralyzed by this.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #25326 on: December 07, 2015, 12:03:51 pm »

@Unholy

Yeah, they were built complete except for empty spots where the AMs could be slotted in.  We figured we could produce more AMs than ships, so this would get us a larger fleet sooner.  Problem is, since AMs can't be used anymore, these ships will never escape the system; at best, we can build a booster rig to launch ships into a neighboring system, but I doubt that would be worth it.  The ships also won't be useful for defense, because the entire UWM navy is at the very least paralyzed by this.

Don't we have entire forge world in posession? Shouldn't be too hard to retrofit our fleet for another propulsion methods. Hard, but not too hard.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #25327 on: December 07, 2015, 12:26:40 pm »

Some troubling things are happening around here. I dunno when I'll get internet back on a regular basis, but I'll be back as soon as I can.

Please hold...

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25328 on: December 07, 2015, 12:35:38 pm »

That isnt good news! Stay safe PW! Hopefully things go ok!
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #25329 on: December 07, 2015, 12:40:44 pm »

You make it sound like something really bad is happening, like, life-in-danger bad. I do hope it's not the case.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25330 on: December 07, 2015, 12:48:02 pm »

Uh, don't die. Please.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25331 on: December 07, 2015, 01:01:21 pm »

You make it sound like something really bad is happening, like, life-in-danger bad. I do hope it's not the case.

I'm going off of the troubling part of the sentence.
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25332 on: December 07, 2015, 01:08:17 pm »

Good luck with whatever it is. See you later, and stay safe (if applicable).

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25333 on: December 07, 2015, 01:10:04 pm »

Good luck. I thought PW lived in 'Murica, is this right, btw? Just checking it's probably not some sort of counter-revolutionary civil war or anything...
One wheel short of a wagon

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #25334 on: December 07, 2015, 01:14:20 pm »

Good luck. I thought PW lived in 'Murica, is this right, btw?

Pretty sure he lives in America, yes.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: 1 ... 1687 1688 [1689] 1690 1691 ... 2205