Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1680 1681 [1682] 1683 1684 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2485677 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #25215 on: December 03, 2015, 04:37:51 pm »

Ok, the bad news: The Lurker In the Angles managed to interface with some origin tech somewhere. And it has managed to effect most origin tech.

The Good news: It isn't leaping through it like we feared it would. But it appears to have made our ability to produce reliable results with it less, well, reliable. This means a few things:

1. We are going to need to try and transfer over to different tech in terms of many systems, though luckily we have some leeway and time to do so. Unfortunately this means that we're gonna be going light on the automanips from now on so I hope you like no gravity. Better than gravity suddenly jumping up to 30 times. Or becoming thermal energy. Or becoming kittens.  It's also gonna make jumping a more taxing process and we're not gonna be able to land or use the cannons without a fair deal of risk.

2. Space magic has become far more dangerous. Look at your uncon/exo score. See the +X next to it? Thats the number of times you can use Space magic without any extra danger.  Any times more than that and you start getting increasingly hard rolls in the background. The more you use it, the more unstable it becomes, and if you use it too much, you might end up harboring something none too friendly.

Synthflesh seems...mostly unaffected so long as it remains in relatively small quantities. However, too much of it or putting it in close proximity to amps and manips can result in strange effects. Kinetic amps seem to be unaffected for the large part but their outputs are more difficult to guess now, and can often be under or overpowered.

3. The good news is that this is gonna throw a HELL of a monkey wrench in the UWM's mechanisms, so they're gonna be hurting just as bad as us, if not worse. Now is the time to take advantage of it.

Look forward to the consequences in your individual threads.

Also, unknown future consequences which I'm sure the few people in the know are worried about right now! Yay!

Also, I'm introducing a new die. The red "Reality Break" die which I will use for various reasons. It's coming in earlier than I expected.

Actually, they're kinda tempdead. So... inactive? They probably can't physically move, but could well drive themselves mad, I guess.
Ever seen Event horizon?
I'm adding the above to the wiki. I'm updating the wiki under the assumption that piecewise does not mean all space magic, merely amps and manipulators and other origin tech like kinamps. Anybody got any clarifications about the subject? Also, anybody know which equipment is origin tech? Synthflesh, amps, manips and kinamps only? Maybe also the fission instigator?

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #25216 on: December 03, 2015, 04:51:28 pm »

That one plasma weapon that used automanips to contain plasma. Forgot its name and can't bother to check wiki right now.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25217 on: December 03, 2015, 04:54:45 pm »

Also the tesla saber. Uses automanips to contain the electric arc in a sword shape.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25218 on: December 03, 2015, 04:57:27 pm »

Anything that uses an automanipulator. That includes plasma projector, fission instigator, kinamp, tesla sabre, kinetic shunt, anomaly suit, kinamp fists, kinetic piledriver fists, impact boots, passive kinetic barrier, kinamp gauss rounds.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25219 on: December 03, 2015, 04:59:44 pm »

Kinamps aren't as affected though.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25220 on: December 03, 2015, 05:10:59 pm »

Uh, thank you for your generous support, friends. I honestly did not expect that. :)

I guess it's time I drop being over-defensive in regards to the matter in question... Thank you. That really means something to me.

There are no failures because you guys have won since basically the first turn ever made.  I bet it'll be retconned into a success, because all missions are always successful.  I can understand being angry at being potentially the first person ever held responsable for a failure, but you have nothing to worry about it, because it'll be called a success like basically every single mission ever, even the total or near total failures.

We failed the urban executor mission, the Dam mission, the Eater of Cold, M15, and if waking up the thing we're fighting the UWM to prepare humanity for the coming of doesn't count as a Fission Mail ingame I don't know what possibly could.

Is the new fangame's OOC thread ready to post in yet? I have questions.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 05:13:52 pm by Dorsidwarf »
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Nunzillor

« Reply #25221 on: December 03, 2015, 05:14:27 pm »

Hmm, several of the failures were missions that my character was on.  Clearly just a coincidence.

After a quick self-examinination, Zek'thal heads toward the armory, and attempts to purchase a microwave pychokinetic amplifier.

You won't be able to buy that, sorry.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25222 on: December 03, 2015, 05:18:22 pm »

I know, but I really want an IC reason to be disapointed.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #25223 on: December 03, 2015, 06:19:29 pm »

Also the tesla saber. Uses automanips to contain the electric arc in a sword shape.
Are you sure? I mean, it doesn't have an automanipulator battery, it can run off a generator. Maybe it uses some space magic but I don't think it uses automanipulators.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25224 on: December 03, 2015, 06:39:12 pm »

The tesla saber doesn't use automanips, it isn't actually sword shaped either. it is a baton with a tip sticking sideways at the end and the hilt, with an electric arc between the two.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25225 on: December 03, 2015, 06:48:56 pm »

Original tesla saber description:

5   Tesla Sabre
   Ammo: Battery good for 1 minute. Extra batteries are 3 token each.
   Stat Requirement: 8 Dexterity
   Range: melee:+2
   Description: For copyright reasons we're not allowed to give you any sort of “Laser sword”, but we've done one better; we've made a sword out of lightning. Basically a miniaturized Tesla Arc, firing arcs a few thousand times a ser a , with the arcs contained within a protective field. It doesn't so much cut as burn, electrocute, melt and generally vaporize  anything it touches. Try not to trip while carrying it.

As far as I know, the 'protective field' is made/maintained with an automanip.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #25226 on: December 03, 2015, 07:08:22 pm »

Why do I remember it looking kinda like barbed wire stuck on a hilt? I might do a quick search of the Shop and the Samsonite mission and see if it's mentioned.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25227 on: December 03, 2015, 07:23:47 pm »

You shrug and take the tesla sabre off your belt. You turn it over in your hands, looking at it carefully. Its a fairly compact handle with an ergonomic grip designed to fit in your hand. Set in the center of the handle is a pressure switch; all the user has to do is squeeze to activate the blade and loosen their grip to deactivate it.  A circular hand guard projects around top, protecting the user from the rather nasty looking series of metal prongs and protrusions that direct the electrical discharges. On the bottom of the handle are two very tiny dials.
This is what the tesla sabre looks like. Can't find anything saying whether or not it uses automanips yet.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #25228 on: December 03, 2015, 07:59:45 pm »

@Sods being weak in the force
No empirical evidence, that I can remember.  It does seem very logical, but that's all I have.  Still, Saint tells a lot of lies!  One more which he isn't aware is a lie is fine.

@Tesla Saber
IIRC, when Feyri VR-fought the AM, she fiddled with a dial on the saber, and it extended to some impractical length.  PW made the requisite jokes about overcompensating, then the AM killed her.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25229 on: December 03, 2015, 08:30:24 pm »

Original tesla saber description:

5   Tesla Sabre
   Ammo: Battery good for 1 minute. Extra batteries are 3 token each.
   Stat Requirement: 8 Dexterity
   Range: melee:+2
   Description: For copyright reasons we're not allowed to give you any sort of “Laser sword”, but we've done one better; we've made a sword out of lightning. Basically a miniaturized Tesla Arc, firing arcs a few thousand times a ser a , with the arcs contained within a protective field. It doesn't so much cut as burn, electrocute, melt and generally vaporize  anything it touches. Try not to trip while carrying it.

As far as I know, the 'protective field' is made/maintained with an automanip.
not a safe assumption, protective fields were a key part of my "Blue" design, were approved by PW, and were generatorpowered and only a minor issue price-wise compared to the one auto-manip I was thinking of using in the design. So there are clearly non-automanip protective fields.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 1680 1681 [1682] 1683 1684 ... 2205