Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1679 1680 [1681] 1682 1683 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2485121 times)

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #25200 on: December 03, 2015, 10:34:52 am »

One more ER clone fangame coming right up!
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #25201 on: December 03, 2015, 10:43:14 am »

A cafeteria/rec room. Because after a day of risking my life going through doom portals and poking alien can openers, I'd like a nice comfortable place to return to and relax in.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25202 on: December 03, 2015, 10:44:38 am »

clean rooms. very, very clean rooms. with clearly marked exits. that can be bolted shut from the outside. and a mix of remotely-operated and NOT remotely-operated heavy doors sealing those exits.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25203 on: December 03, 2015, 10:46:45 am »

Suicide tooth-capsules. Because sometimes that is the only sane way out.

Actually, scratch that. Self-shock tooth-buttons. Because sometimes all you need to snap out is a little self-shock! Doubles as suicide option if necessary.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25204 on: December 03, 2015, 11:01:59 am »

I'd probably want a sealed-off room that one can interact with remotely through robotic arms. Very remotely, if possible.

Oh, and probably also a fall guy. Somebody weaker-minded than myself that can absorb evil spirits and be easily destroyed in that event.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #25205 on: December 03, 2015, 11:35:14 am »

There are no failures, only new opportunities....for suffering.

IN unrelated news, if you had to be a scientist who examined and researched anomalous artifacts, what kind of tools and rooms would you want in your facility?
Tools:
A) sensors. light 9all em spectrum sensors), sound, motion, particle, etc.
B) a standardized sets of each stable element, and each of the main molecules necessary for life.
c) applicators to apply a variety of effects/ substances to said artifact (i.e water, fire, cold [via ice or liquid nitrogen or the like],
d) organic matter
e) samples of living creatures, from single celled up to mice and stuff.
f)
a fall guy. Somebody weaker-minded than myself that can absorb evil spirits and be easily destroyed in that event.
g) multiple humans nearby viewing events and taking notes, for comparative purposes
h)a hammer, a maul, an axe.
i) pipe cleaners, in bulk
j) duct tape, in bulk

Rooms:
a) a vacuum room
b) cold room)
c)
clean rooms. very, very clean rooms. with clearly marked exits. that can be bolted shut from the outside. and a mix of remotely-operated and NOT remotely-operated heavy doors sealing those exits.
d) water submerged room
e) thermal testing room
f)
A cafeteria/rec room. Because after a day of risking my life going through doom portals and poking alien can openers, I'd like a nice comfortable place to return to and relax in.
g) dark room
h) bright room
i) loud room
j) quiet room
k) several data storage rooms at varying distances. redundancy is key. Unless they become self aware and attempt to take over the lab. Damned artificial intelligences.

That's off the top of my head. I might think of more later.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25206 on: December 03, 2015, 11:43:05 am »

I've been advised to repost this here, for Radio_Controlled:

I've done the summary for mission 10 and posted it on the wiki (a native speaker review to hunt for grammar problems would be in order). It took me almost every free hour of four days to get it done - even the advanced search filter is nigh useless, so I had to read from from post #669 to #2024, 1356 posts in total across 90 standard forum pages from waking up from stasis to extraction, and there's still 108 pages worth of Mission 11 to be done to earn ONE token.

Nope, it's too much, it becomes obvious why you don't get many volunteers like that, and chances are that the undone summaries pile is only going to get bigger...

May I suggest that you pay instead when mission summaries are completed, at a rate of 1 token for each 1000 posts (and fractions, to make the longer missions and multiple tasks* more appetizing)? Also, while someone might not be willing to create 10 new armory pages for one token, they might do 3 or 4 for 0.1 each to complete a full token along with a summary's remainder. That should make the effort more worthwhile and increase the amount of volunteers to flesh up the wiki.

*e.g. this 1356 posts summary would be worth 1.356 tokens, paying out 1 token and accumulating the 0.356 remainder with the next summary.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 11:49:19 am by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #25207 on: December 03, 2015, 12:42:20 pm »

I've been advised to repost this here, for Radio_Controlled:

I've done the summary for mission 10 and posted it on the wiki (a native speaker review to hunt for grammar problems would be in order). It took me almost every free hour of four days to get it done - even the advanced search filter is nigh useless, so I had to read from from post #669 to #2024, 1356 posts in total across 90 standard forum pages from waking up from stasis to extraction, and there's still 108 pages worth of Mission 11 to be done to earn ONE token.

Nope, it's too much, it becomes obvious why you don't get many volunteers like that, and chances are that the undone summaries pile is only going to get bigger...

May I suggest that you pay instead when mission summaries are completed, at a rate of 1 token for each 1000 posts (and fractions, to make the longer missions and multiple tasks* more appetizing)? Also, while someone might not be willing to create 10 new armory pages for one token, they might do 3 or 4 for 0.1 each to complete a full token along with a summary's remainder. That should make the effort more worthwhile and increase the amount of volunteers to flesh up the wiki.

*e.g. this 1356 posts summary would be worth 1.356 tokens, paying out 1 token and accumulating the 0.356 remainder with the next summary.
Thank you for the work. Make sure to post about it in the archives thread and I'll give you some tokens for it.

Unrelated, this looks neat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4Kgdvc6cBg

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25208 on: December 03, 2015, 02:40:15 pm »

Apart from any opinions I may have on the situation, seeing the comments in here I've decided to put the status of M21 on 'pending' until their retrieval is dealt with and Steve/PW has given us more info or an actual debrief.

Sods are more vulnerable to mind altering effects than regular humans, so they serve as more reliable canaries.

Do we have any empirical data to back this up, or some sort of gm acknowledgement? It keeps coming up, and I certainly admit it 'sounds logical', but as I argued before one could easily come up with situations where this idea wouldn't hold, or the reverse might even be true.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25209 on: December 03, 2015, 03:02:41 pm »

Uh, thank you for your generous support, friends. I honestly did not expect that. :)

I guess it's time I drop being over-defensive in regards to the matter in question... Thank you. That really means something to me.

There are no failures because you guys have won since basically the first turn ever made.  I bet it'll be retconned into a success, because all missions are always successful.  I can understand being angry at being potentially the first person ever held responsable for a failure, but you have nothing to worry about it, because it'll be called a success like basically every single mission ever, even the total or near total failures.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25210 on: December 03, 2015, 03:08:04 pm »

Uh, thank you for your generous support, friends. I honestly did not expect that. :)

I guess it's time I drop being over-defensive in regards to the matter in question... Thank you. That really means something to me.

There are no failures because you guys have won since basically the first turn ever made.  I bet it'll be retconned into a success, because all missions are always successful.  I can understand being angry at being potentially the first person ever held responsable for a failure, but you have nothing to worry about it, because it'll be called a success like basically every single mission ever, even the total or near total failures.

Oh Dev, turn that frown upside down, or it'll get stuck!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #25211 on: December 03, 2015, 04:18:25 pm »

@Limbo
Quote from: pw
I'm gonna let you know that plotting the course is a mind roll. And you won't know if you got it wrong until you end up 100,000 miles off course and drifting into the sun. So the plotter, so to speak, should probably have pretty good Mind.
I may not be useless after all without my amps! Huzzah.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25212 on: December 03, 2015, 04:27:44 pm »

@Limbo
Quote from: pw
I'm gonna let you know that plotting the course is a mind roll. And you won't know if you got it wrong until you end up 100,000 miles off course and drifting into the sun. So the plotter, so to speak, should probably have pretty good Mind.
I may not be useless after all without my amps! Huzzah.

And then Pan flies them all into the sun anyway just to spite them. Making his favorite toys useless, will they. He'll show them!

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #25213 on: December 03, 2015, 04:29:47 pm »

I'm starting to think most of our veterans are either insane or stuck inside the clinically grown flesh of an alien space god.
So really just insane.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25214 on: December 03, 2015, 04:31:57 pm »

I'm starting to think most of our veterans are either insane or stuck inside the clinically grown flesh of an alien space god.
So really just insane.

In this business, you either die or become one of the monsters. We pretty much are the heart of darkness.

Pages: 1 ... 1679 1680 [1681] 1682 1683 ... 2205