Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1676 1677 [1678] 1679 1680 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2485679 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #25155 on: December 01, 2015, 08:52:15 am »

Though, personally, I'd just wait at the portal, activate it, send a hamster, some scout eyes and a modded gunner bot in to take samples and photos from around the portal and then go through the portal myself to meet the locals and have some fun exploring. There's no need to overcomplicate things, unless piecewise wants this mission to be so strategic and planning-heavy.
I figure we can weed out a lot of the "oops my mind fell out' and "hello we -" *KABOOM* universes with the multistage plan. Much of that could be abstracted, and we could end on "welp, thirty seven universes out of the last forty two were simply too alien to survive in. Of the remaining five, two caused your test subjects to go insane, one looked like it was being eaten by some other cosmic entity, and two had no significant immediate issues. Which do you want to explore fist: the one where the cosmic background radiation is purple, or the one where everything is connected like an intergalactic geodesic sphere?"

Sure beats: universe one. you send in the drone with the elements (roll) it returns, but all the potassium is crawling around waging war against the other elements.
universe two: you send in the elements (roll) not hing happens. you send in the sensors (roll) that drone simply does not return.
etc...

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25156 on: December 01, 2015, 09:35:52 am »

At least you got fake teeths.

That's one way to put it, I guess.

The medical malpractice on ship sure has gone down now that the Doc buggered of to Hep. And without the AM to mock clueless newbies... Dang, where's the time we had zero responsibilities beyond 'survive till the next bar brawl'?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25157 on: December 01, 2015, 09:40:54 am »

Correction:  'till the next TV remote brawl'. :P

(Because, honestly, bar is a far too new addition.)
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #25158 on: December 01, 2015, 11:09:34 am »

I suppose I could attempt to whip up a shoddy clone of ER for your bar brawling zero responsibility needs.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25159 on: December 01, 2015, 11:23:36 am »

I suppose I could attempt to whip up a shoddy clone of ER for your bar brawling zero responsibility needs.

Einsteinian Roulette fortress arena mode.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #25160 on: December 01, 2015, 12:05:07 pm »

It's like Punch Many Things, except the Many Things are your teammates!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #25161 on: December 01, 2015, 03:03:26 pm »

@Moopli: Just remember that your stats might not matter. Piecewise hinted that that he didn't even roll for renegade. So this might be a thing that once you come in contact with there is no escape. But we can't know more without experimenting and exploring and doing that is inherently dangerous. Not saying you shouldn't do it, just informing you of all the dangers. I'd do it myself, but I believe I would be more useful in beheading duty as a +4 con soldier. Plus I don't want to be possessed in a battlesuit, since probably only Unholy could stop me then. Not to mention the damage I could do with kinamps and force blades. I'm already nervous for just looking into that area with CamEyes.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 03:05:53 pm by Parisbre56 »

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25162 on: December 01, 2015, 03:40:31 pm »

@Moopli: Just remember that your stats might not matter. Piecewise hinted that that he didn't even roll for renegade. So this might be a thing that once you come in contact with there is no escape. But we can't know more without experimenting and exploring and doing that is inherently dangerous. Not saying you shouldn't do it, just informing you of all the dangers. I'd do it myself, but I believe I would be more useful in beheading duty as a +4 con soldier. Plus I don't want to be possessed in a battlesuit, since probably only Unholy could stop me then. Not to mention the damage I could do with kinamps and force blades. I'm already nervous for just looking into that area with CamEyes.

That is true. I decided to make my actions nice and cautious, documenting everything, so if I get possessed there's at least a good chance we'll have more data than just "the possession effect is based on perception".

Do we have any justifiably-IC reason to know about and have access to Mad Hatter? With an anomaly that might transmit perceptively (and not through, say, simply having suitable hosts brought close to it), having Mad Hatter on hand would be very useful, otherwise we'll have to jury-rig something together as a defense against mindtricks.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25163 on: December 01, 2015, 06:02:11 pm »

Do we really need teeth, though?

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #25164 on: December 01, 2015, 11:53:36 pm »

Of course not.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #25165 on: December 02, 2015, 06:08:14 am »

Of course not.
Teeth are a vile invention of the UWM. We should all follow our great general's example and have them replaced with bear traps.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25166 on: December 02, 2015, 08:36:35 am »

im considering goin back to a robobody after the whole lurker in the angles thing.

maybe revisit my whole turret head conversion idea and replace my teeth with a nice laser rifle.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #25167 on: December 02, 2015, 08:37:17 am »

"Now, can someone go and carefully check that other door? We know one has a control room but what's in the other one? I'd do it myself but I'd prefer to stand guard here, in case any friends of Mr. Stabby decide to pay us a visit or that big door opens."
I don't know for sure, but I think both doors on the right of the hall open to the same room. After all, U_P's action went entering that room was specifically to enter the other door than the one someone else (who was not Egan) went in, and he was told he saw the same thing. of course, that  may be gm misunderstanding of U_P's action, and sending him into the same door, but ...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I am suddenly very curious which one of us is the dog. I mean just look at him. He's got mischief in his eyes.
the only way to know is via mudwrestling. Let's all go watch some mudwrestling.

By the way, though my ascii art is 9inter)stellar, it was the highlighted parts that cleared up the confusion regarding your plan earlier. Well crafted descriptors often make teh difference between chaos and clarity.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 08:52:25 am by Ozarck »

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25168 on: December 02, 2015, 12:36:47 pm »

I've been browsing the wiki, and stumbled upon the "State of War" update: http://einsteinianroulette.wikia.com/wiki/The_War_Effort

*rant-rant-rant*
May I cautiously suggest not rating a mission result until debriefing has been held? Now, personally, I'd probably agree that it was a mission failure, but not for the reasons stated, and I think that, under the circumstances that happened, we did pretty okay (M22 is good for comparison here, encountering 'force of nature' enemy and dealing with it in the best way possible). And that's beside the question of whether the incursion can be counted as result of Maurice's actions or merely a whim of RNGod, but I will spare you the rhetorics I'm saving for my trial. :P

P.S. Could we perhaps replace the "failure" in that sentence with "disaster"? "Utterly massive disaster on a scale never before seen." Kinda neutral and shifts the focus from "Who is responsible?" to much more important and productive "And what are we going to do now?", while preserving the initial idea of the mission "contribution" to war effort.  ;D

P.P.S. But hey, we wiped UWM! That's gotta count for something, right?
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Nunzillor

« Reply #25169 on: December 02, 2015, 12:52:47 pm »

Edit: It doesn't really matter, so on second thought I actually have no strong feelings about not calling M21 a "failure." Enjoy this useless post!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 01:06:36 pm by Nunzillor »
Pages: 1 ... 1676 1677 [1678] 1679 1680 ... 2205