Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1670 1671 [1672] 1673 1674 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2487024 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #25065 on: November 28, 2015, 11:28:05 pm »

As long as piecewise was informed about it and is fine with it, I don't care about whether or not he copied anything.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25066 on: November 28, 2015, 11:34:02 pm »

Milno Plate (Strapped to an mk-3): Light vs Full?
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #25067 on: November 28, 2015, 11:36:32 pm »

M 23 Vincent Klart level up

Mind +5
Con +5

+8 tokens for the mission

(should have 29 tokens now =D)
No, the 21 tokens on the wiki is how much you have. Aoshima edited in the mission pay before anyone leveled up.

EDIT: ...That wasn't in reply to the above, I just replied to the quote in OOC rather than the levelup thread. >.>
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 11:39:30 pm by swordsmith04 »

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25068 on: November 28, 2015, 11:55:33 pm »

I figured something might be off after thinking about it for a bit... I'd still be able to afford an mk-3 plus 1 version of milno plate with 21 though =D
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25069 on: November 29, 2015, 01:01:14 am »

Talv is a pretty good writer, seen some of his DF LPs.

He'll probably do a more narrative/storyish version of ER that might be worth invading.

But... I like brain-dead minimalist RTD :p
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25070 on: November 29, 2015, 01:02:56 am »

Well, to be fair, PW never really trademarked ER, did he?

Legally, as I understand it, anything you write is copyrighted from the moment you write it. Well, basically... you can't claim copyright on basic facts or common knowledge, of course.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #25071 on: November 29, 2015, 01:12:47 am »

Huh.
So is the TM on stuff just for show, then?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #25072 on: November 29, 2015, 01:20:37 am »

Trademark marks a name and a presentation of a product as unique, something you own, a brand that marks a product or products. Copyright marks a work, something you have created. A book would be copyrighted. The name of the series the book belongs to would be trademarked. If ER was trademarked, then nobody else could create an RTD called ER, but that wouldn't prevent them from making a game much like ER but with a different name and presentation.

At least that's my understanding, I'm not a lawyer.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #25073 on: November 29, 2015, 01:22:44 am »

Hm.
*Writes down law studies as something to do at university*
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Nunzillor

« Reply #25074 on: November 29, 2015, 02:58:40 am »

((I'm liking this Iveson character. Maybe keep him around until mission 24 gets home and he could team up with Ramses to bring Divine Vengeance to the Universe.

I'm also getting ideas for starting a Zealots' guild as a rival union to the common soldiers' TU.

We could call it... The Guild of Holy Avengers, and maybe broaden the scope to include little girls on Vendettas and the criminally insane trying to find self-actualization.))
The idea intrigues me.  If Iveson lives long enough, It would be pretty neat to actualize that with Ramses.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #25075 on: November 29, 2015, 03:02:50 am »

I'm gonna have to join in on that one too.

Yes, I have to exploit all the unions to my benefit.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25076 on: November 29, 2015, 03:03:34 am »

((I'm liking this Iveson character. Maybe keep him around until mission 24 gets home and he could team up with Ramses to bring Divine Vengeance to the Universe.

I'm also getting ideas for starting a Zealots' guild as a rival union to the common soldiers' TU.

We could call it... The Guild of Holy Avengers, and maybe broaden the scope to include little girls on Vendettas and the criminally insane trying to find self-actualization.))
The idea intrigues me.  If Iveson lives long enough, It would be pretty neat to actualize that with Ramses.
yeah iveson seems preety awesome and it's fun to roleplay an enraged or pissed off abigail sometimes honestly I don't entirely know if she wants to beat  Ivensons up or be ivesons friend ivenson confuses and enrages her and that's fun.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 03:05:32 am by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Nunzillor

« Reply #25077 on: November 29, 2015, 03:41:36 am »

I must admit I'm getting a rise out of defying Abigail's expectations with Iveson's responses.  Haven't really played a criminally insane character before, so it's an interesting experience.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25078 on: November 29, 2015, 03:43:15 am »

:( I certainly wasn't meaning to piss anybody off, I can tell you that much. To be honest, I just wanted to be able to play an RPG with my friends over on the LT Forums, and I'd always thought Einsteinian Roulette was pretty epic, so I thought it'd be a nice starting point. I still think it's pretty epic, really, and a lot more epic than anything I'm doing (though it's been a long, long time since I was up-to-date with Einsteinian Roulette, I'll admit - maybe a year at least.  :-[ ) Looking back I should've just done something simpler, probably, because most of the time I feel like I'm in over my head. Reading through the last few pages of this thread, I'm starting to lean even more strongly in that direction.  :-\ I really, truly didn't mean to plagiarize - I told everybody (multiple times, especially in IRC and the pre-game "do any of you guys want to do an RPG" thread that someone else started) that it was based on ER. Even so, I'll shut the whole thing down if that's what piecewise wants.

To address a couple of the other things mentioned here: the paypal link doesn't even work. It hasn't worked since I put it up, actually - it was just broken and I didn't bother fixing it (partly because I couldn't figure out how, partly because it wasn't important enough to me to figure out what was wrong with it. people stopped bugging me about a paypal link and I felt the matter was closed). As to the "lot of work" - yes, I was referring to setting up mission 1. Mission 2 took even longer to set up, but that's largely my fault for being an inexperienced GM. (Like, really, I just wanted to play an RPG with the ltheory guys - never really thought about how much work it would be. :P piecewise has my respect - and mad respect at that - for keeping up with ER.) It's also a "lot of work" because I decided to make pictures for the mission briefings... that takes a while, for reasons that are hopefully obvious. I also wrote up a plot that is wholly different from that of ER... at least as far as I know... I was at least trying to be original in that respect.  :-[ ("plot" here meaning "the setting of the overall universe and how it changes over the course of the campaign")

In short, I didn't mean to pass it off as my own creation in any way. :-\ I thought I did a good enough job making that clear, and yes, I should've mentioned it to piecewise a long time ago, but in my limited defense, I didn't even expect the ltheory guys to play all the way through the first mission - and certainly did not expect as many players as I've accumulated. I did mention it to him yesterday, though - it was the first time I'd visited Bay12 in a long while, and I wanted to make sure I did right by him... that sure went pretty well. >.> Anyway, if you guys want me to take it down or make amends in some other way, I'm more than willing to work things out... and again, I sincerely apologize for pissing you guys off. :(
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 03:49:27 am by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25079 on: November 29, 2015, 03:57:51 am »

I must admit I'm getting a rise out of defying Abigail's expectations with Iveson's responses.  Haven't really played a criminally insane character before, so it's an interesting experience.
still one of the sanest people shes met but that's not saying much really. I could count on two hands the amount of relatively sane people she knows iveson is certainly the most friendly insane person she knows surprisingly.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.
Pages: 1 ... 1670 1671 [1672] 1673 1674 ... 2205