Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1639 1640 [1641] 1642 1643 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2491700 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #24600 on: November 08, 2015, 09:13:21 am »

((Hey Paris, can you collect some of that particulate matter floating in the air for me? it might be causing the glow and mindfuck.))
I already have a lot of actions in my post. But I can ask someone else to do that.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24601 on: November 08, 2015, 11:49:23 pm »

Optimism? Ryan just butchered thousands of people, hundreds personally, and is now watching a hive world collapse under its own weight due to loss of Origin tech.

I'd place him at a 3. He's been a cynic his entire life, was a doctor for a while, then left to specifically fuck with the budget of the Sword simply to run into his sister (who became spoopy shortly before he woke up), and he's just falling deeper down the rabbit hole into Mad Doctor territory.

I mean, his next step when he gets on board is to cut out his amp and get the haebi implant, and likely the extraphysical cutting aura if it's compatible. And very likely even if it's not.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24602 on: November 09, 2015, 12:30:21 am »

it would likely be compatible with your non morphing arm at least.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #24603 on: November 09, 2015, 12:46:23 am »

i wonder what happens if you buy two pocket dimensions and put the anchor for each inside the dimension projected by the other?

do you get trapped outside normal spacetime and become the doomed god of two cubic miles of artificial sub-realities?

Is this the bag of holding/portable hole question with a different hat?

Anyway, maximum optimism for Lars, of course.  Divine right and all that.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24604 on: November 09, 2015, 01:32:44 am »

i wonder what happens if you buy two pocket dimensions and put the anchor for each inside the dimension projected by the other?

do you get trapped outside normal spacetime and become the doomed god of two cubic miles of artificial sub-realities?

Is this the bag of holding/portable hole question with a different hat?

I mean, you have the generator that creates the dimension... and you have the little interface thing that moves the gates spatial coordinates to your position within your original reality.
but what happens if you activate the interface thingy whilst inside a second dimension?
provided you havent already destroyed reality, does it cause the gateway to jump into the second dimension and thereby cut off direct access to the original?
what happens if you move the generator into its own or another sub-reality?

All these questions and more :(
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24605 on: November 09, 2015, 01:37:49 am »

@U_P: It is fine as long as someone else in main reality has interface to the gate. Otherwise I guess you are either trapped forever or dimensions collapse violently.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #24606 on: November 09, 2015, 04:53:44 am »

It's dimension-ception... Pocket-ception?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24607 on: November 09, 2015, 06:28:34 am »

Hey, I just realized Miya is now a commodore (admiral?), what with our little flotilla of ships sailing the vast inky blackness. Here's hoping it comes with a fancy cap (and delicious sailors to scrub the deck and serve as snack).

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24608 on: November 09, 2015, 07:55:00 am »

Do we really need separate 'navy' titles? I thought that general military titles were fine, that with General Miyamoto and all that. (By the way, why on first-name basis? It has become a tradition in ARM already, okay, but still - why 'General Miyamoto', and not 'General de Bergerac'? The only reason I can think of is "because nice alliteration with 'General Milno'".)

Still, adopting 'navy' titles enables me to use 'Captain Maurice Sanctor.' interjection during the tribunal, so I guess I shouldn't be the one to argue.  :P
(...And then "piracy" were slang for "war crimes".)
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #24609 on: November 09, 2015, 08:24:32 am »

So many responses to make to such a simple, lighthearted comment. All upcoming comments are from an amature and not to be considered canon unless otherwise decreed by the cannoneers.

Commodore would be correct, assuming you were in direct command of the "fleet," and that these shuttles could be considered independent naval ships, rather than attachments to the actual ships, in which case you might still be little more than a midshipman or lieutenant, but still with the temporary rank of Commodore as long as you were in charge of the flotilla. Commodore is typically considered less than admiral, but Wikipedia suggests the US calls it "rear admiral (lower half)." And your command fits the description of the command of early admirals anyway, with a squadron to control.

However, I don't think I'd go naval for a couple reasons. First is the nature of your command to begin with. you command a bunch of infantry or even special ops, so Army or Marines would be more suited. Second is that these shuttles are more troop transport than naval vessel, from what I recall.

Nikitian, he is called General Miyamoto because he was Miyamoto to everyone before the change to ARM, and that's where the title got stuck. we're a small group, really, and not the traditional command of a full blown General, anyway.

Finally, and most important: your hat, sir C:-)

you can find your own snacks.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24610 on: November 09, 2015, 11:34:33 am »

Hey hapah.

have you made any progress with targetting functions that havent made it into the deathcube document?
suspicions are as good as proof.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #24611 on: November 09, 2015, 11:41:02 am »

The important question is if he can perform marriages on his vessel.  That said, if he can't, then Lars could do that.   I'm only slightly surprised he hasn't been called to perform that duty yet.

"rear admiral (lower half)."

Hey now; Miya has the biggest rear in the entire ARM!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24612 on: November 09, 2015, 11:42:49 am »

Pray to Cog-Azaon for guidance on where to go and how to navigate in this strange space.
You pray to your gods but they don't seem to answer. Maybe the line is busy.
"Dammit, Maurice! I know your team needs Pathmas's favour to stay alive, but we also need it to ever find you! Stop holding the line already!"
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24613 on: November 09, 2015, 11:44:00 am »

Hey hapah.

have you made any progress with targetting functions that havent made it into the deathcube document?
suspicions are as good as proof.
Nope! Been sticking with the same targeting buttons, and they cover most of the use cases I'm interested in. What are you hoping to point it at?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24614 on: November 09, 2015, 11:52:02 am »

Id like to get something less specific than closest weapon or myself.

Target nearest object in X direction would be nice, but id settle for knowing nearest armor and nearest other life form.

Pages: 1 ... 1639 1640 [1641] 1642 1643 ... 2205