Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1605 1606 [1607] 1608 1609 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2486313 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #24090 on: October 29, 2015, 06:07:26 am »

5-sec reset could make the energy weapons that have highly limited shots and/or heat problems get more bang for their buck. Just fire and reset.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24091 on: October 29, 2015, 07:34:47 am »

5-sec reset could make the energy weapons that have highly limited shots and/or heat problems get more bang for their buck. Just fire and reset.

HEP. Blaster Bazooka.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #24092 on: October 29, 2015, 07:55:33 am »

((We...could "volunteer" to test out some new weapons/systems for more !!FUN!! Be a quick and easy way to see if stuff is unbalanced in a (un)controlled setting.))

((I like that idea. Maybe a couple of us could be given a few items and shipped off to a random UWM world for some good old-fashioned terrorism.))

((Reroute us as part of the mission. We want to do enough stuff to justify getting paid.

Also +1 for terrorism. We didn't bring a 10 kiloton nuke for nothing afterall.))

There'd be an interesting Limbo diversion or alternate mission thread; split into small teams of "random ARM trooper" mode, where you're set on a planet with a predetermined gear list and a temporary character, given a vague objective, and told to go nuts.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24093 on: October 29, 2015, 10:07:09 am »

...Actually, who do engineering admin duties fall to right now?  Does Nik just continue doing it, despite Maurice being dead or... whatever he is right now?  Or do I do it?  Sean?  Radio?

I'm keeping those, and resolving the 'item approval' matters OOCly, until I'm officially relieved of the position and someone else is assigned to it and I have briefed them on the matter.

But the 'white-hot club' might not be so bad compared to other ideas. We still don't know "how hot" is that 'white-hot' (maybe it's... THE LEVEL OF IGNORANCE as preached by Steve? Now that would be a twist! :P), and what good does it do, and how expensive it is (it might be just 1-2 tokens, and then it might actually have its uses even if it's as low-tech as it sounds).

Not if the price of a single reset is higher than the price of any ammo. (And on that matter, HEP doesn't even have any ammo! So resetting it, whatever the cost, is economically unfeasible when you could just let it "cool off".)

Also, Halloween Special is upon us! Hide in your rooms, get off the ship, save your souls, people!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 10:09:36 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Nunzillor

« Reply #24094 on: October 29, 2015, 01:02:02 pm »

I think that each of the uncon weapons has many potential uses and I'm excited for all of them.  Having a constant source of heat under all conditions, for example, would work great for infinitely recharging batteries.  Or safer metalworking without space magic.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 01:05:49 pm by Nunzillor »

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24095 on: October 29, 2015, 04:40:40 pm »

Terrified for what Piecewise probably has planned for Halloween but then again it's Piecewise im always terrified of his plan's
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #24096 on: October 29, 2015, 06:03:40 pm »

More things added to weapon list.

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24097 on: October 29, 2015, 06:09:34 pm »

If root dies to unexpected halloweening, can I will his crap to my next char?

Man, I like the sound of that destructo-skin-aura. With enough power, you could just run around naked :D (assuming safe atmosphere anyway >.>)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 06:16:21 pm by Moopli »

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24098 on: October 29, 2015, 06:10:12 pm »

Quote from: from doc
5 Second Reset: A machine that, when activated, reverts you and everything you’re carrying to the state you were in 5 seconds ago. Battery powered, overuse causes stat damage.

Reminds me of an episode of Futurama.

Also, that mask thing sounds hella creepy.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24099 on: October 29, 2015, 06:42:19 pm »

Ehhh
Does the addition of Haber Implant means all the changes to amp-use that were promised (threatened) to us? Or is it (the description hints at it) a much lighter version that does not require that much of a game-change?
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #24100 on: October 29, 2015, 06:44:24 pm »

Where's this list? I'm looking at the Google doc right now and it's the same.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24101 on: October 29, 2015, 06:54:01 pm »

Yess I am hyped for the HABER.

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24102 on: October 29, 2015, 07:15:59 pm »

They were added in suggestion mode, so if you're in view mode you won't see them. The green button in the top-right corner.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #24103 on: October 29, 2015, 07:17:15 pm »

Along with the haebi stuff, I'm pretty interested in the Id manifestor and the white mask. The white mask seems like a really cool "even in death I serve" kind of thing. I'm not really clear on the Id manifestor though, do you get to choose the manifestation, and does it get less likely to attack you the higher your skill?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #24104 on: October 29, 2015, 07:20:08 pm »

Ehhh
Does the addition of Haber Implant means all the changes to amp-use that were promised (threatened) to us? Or is it (the description hints at it) a much lighter version that does not require that much of a game-change?
Well, amps and manips are changing in general so I don't expect the UWM to use them much anymore, so it's not that much of a problem.
They were added in suggestion mode, so if you're in view mode you won't see them. The green button in the top-right corner.
Think it's fixed.
Pages: 1 ... 1605 1606 [1607] 1608 1609 ... 2205