Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1603 1604 [1605] 1606 1607 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2485707 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #24060 on: October 28, 2015, 04:18:45 pm »

-reads document. 5 uncon and one exo thing. Dissapointed-

Though I'll admit, haebi limb sounds cool. Maybe make a haebi body as an alternative to the synthflesh body? That would be neat. I'd probably be down for that, given some more details about how the haebi stuff works. I'm hopeful that more cool exo stuff will get added.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24061 on: October 28, 2015, 04:19:49 pm »

It'd form a great incentive to go out and find artifacts again!

Also, I'll look into further developing the Thing or Heabi stuff once we can post in the Hep thread again.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #24062 on: October 28, 2015, 04:21:38 pm »

It'd form a great incentive to go out and find artifacts again!
We should probably start doing that again, yeah.
Or start buying stuff from Nyars Non-Euclidian Emporium.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24063 on: October 28, 2015, 04:23:16 pm »

It'd also fit better thematically and gameplay-wise. Do good and find good artifacts? New cool toys to play with! Screw up and fail? No magics4u! It'd make the stakes seem higher (aka more suspense and such) and choices matter more.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #24064 on: October 28, 2015, 04:29:27 pm »

i have a feeling that going down the path exo can lead to you becoming an eldritch horror, uncommon leads you to becoming some space wizard or ninja. Common is common, nuttin' much about it till later on when you become a giant space robot of doom!
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #24065 on: October 28, 2015, 04:30:10 pm »

It'd also fit better thematically and gameplay-wise. Do good and find good artifacts? New cool toys to play with! Screw up and fail? No magics4u! It'd make the stakes seem higher (aka more suspense and such) and choices matter more.
That could work...
And with the lurker messing with all those sweet sweet amps, there must be a lot of overloads going on, right?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 11:32:01 pm by Execute/Dumbo.exe »
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24066 on: October 28, 2015, 04:45:14 pm »

To be entirely honest, I don't much like the things that seem to 'come out of nowhere' so to speak. I mean, (most) people limited their designs to things that have some reason to exist in ER, such as by being based from gathered artifacts, but now it seems that just about anything is possible by handwaving at it. Makes going out on dangerous missions to find artifacts to reverse-engineer a bit pointless.

While theoretically a whole lot of garbage is there in the R&D department, hence the existence of Nyartifacts that include ones that mysteriously produced no results and were slated for destruction when Nyars appropriated them (and there are more ARM units than just us), I still agree that it's much nicer to have stuff directly based on things we've recovered and tinkered out.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24067 on: October 28, 2015, 05:06:17 pm »

Parasyte-style Haebi limbs. I am all about that. Considering how effectively sharp and quick they make their blades in the anime, it's going to be an awesome medical and anti-medical tool.

I absolutely am going to have to play around with it when I get it, and see what, exactly, I am allowed to do with it.

After, of course, buffing up my DEX so I don't cut my other arm off on accident.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #24068 on: October 28, 2015, 07:37:33 pm »

Hey, I'm new to ER, I made a character and posted it on the on-ship thread, could somebody give me a rundown of the current situation and tell me if I did my character right?
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #24069 on: October 28, 2015, 07:44:32 pm »

Hey, I'm new to ER, I made a character and posted it on the on-ship thread, could somebody give me a rundown of the current situation and tell me if I did my character right?
currently we are all either on mission or preparing to go on a  mission to save the people from mission 21 because they dun f*@ked up
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #24070 on: October 28, 2015, 07:47:41 pm »

To be entirely honest, I don't much like the things that seem to 'come out of nowhere' so to speak. I mean, (most) people limited their designs to things that have some reason to exist in ER, such as by being based from gathered artifacts, but now it seems that just about anything is possible by handwaving at it. Makes going out on dangerous missions to find artifacts to reverse-engineer a bit pointless.
Matter saver, 5 second reset and solid light came from the god computer.

Ghost blade and white hot club from the snowglobe data and Simus' suit

Haebi limb from...the haebi.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #24071 on: October 28, 2015, 07:48:13 pm »

-reads document. 5 uncon and one exo thing. Dissapointed-

Though I'll admit, haebi limb sounds cool. Maybe make a haebi body as an alternative to the synthflesh body? That would be neat. I'd probably be down for that, given some more details about how the haebi stuff works. I'm hopeful that more cool exo stuff will get added.
Not done yet~

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24072 on: October 28, 2015, 07:51:49 pm »

can we get a pure CON termite rifle that only has the matter eating and kill switch capabilities?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24073 on: October 28, 2015, 08:15:45 pm »

How would I go about being able to shapeshift? Not in a Xan-like way, but in a look like a different person way
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #24074 on: October 28, 2015, 08:17:40 pm »

I, personally, don't mind PW creating stuff.  It's more or less impossible for us to tinker up space magic items without saying anything more than "Recreate the weird effect".

Although, I do hope PW's items still have to be vetted before being added to the armory.  'White hot club'?  Seriously?

...Actually, who do engineering admin duties fall to right now?  Does Nik just continue doing it, despite Maurice being dead or... whatever he is right now?  Or do I do it?  Sean?  Radio?
Pages: 1 ... 1603 1604 [1605] 1606 1607 ... 2205