Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1598 1599 [1600] 1601 1602 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2486893 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #23985 on: October 26, 2015, 05:03:57 pm »

<Hapah> And man, I dunno. Xan would at least talk to me. U_P would cold stab my ass.
<Hapah> I do worry about U_P murdering me

I found the source of these comments.
If you've been doing what I suspect you've been doing...
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23986 on: October 26, 2015, 05:16:57 pm »

Well, ask me and I'll tell you! Because I honestly don't know what you think I've been doing, lol.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23987 on: October 26, 2015, 05:40:44 pm »

Hell no, I can't spill my own secret. Because I'd spill my own secret in the asking.

This is the problem with secret conspiracies, no one knows what's what.
Sig! Onol

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23988 on: October 26, 2015, 05:56:26 pm »

You planning on overthrowing god?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #23989 on: October 26, 2015, 06:00:34 pm »

I think I saw PW hanging around in the students' bar earlier.

By that I mean there is a Halloween skeleton on one of the walls in the students' bar.

No, I wasn't drinking in the students' bar at 10AM. I passed by on the way to the students' coffee shop to get some tea.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think veins have muscular walls...

They do have some smooth muscle far as I know.

In general, veins function to return deoxygenated blood to the heart, and are essentially tubes that collapse when their lumens are not filled with blood. The thick outermost layer of a vein is made of connective tissue, called tunica adventitia or tunica externa. There is a middle layer bands of smooth muscle called tunica media, which are, in general, thin, as veins do not function primarily in a contractile manner.
Neurogenic and hypovolaemic shock can also cause fainting. In these cases, the smooth muscles surrounding the veins become slack and the veins fill with the majority of the blood in the body, keeping blood away from the brain and causing unconsciousness. Jet pilots wear pressurized suits to help maintain their venous return and blood pressure.

so they do, and it has a function (and can go wrong in certain circumstances).

Listen, I know it serves a purpose with the whole slower, longer contractions but I'm sure you could just do some sort of "Even slower oxidative fibers"  and careful use of graded force.

So what, the body should sacrifice benefits such as greater elasticity of this kind of muscle (useful for eg the bladder to be able to expand more while still being able to contract and empty itself) to make studying it a little easier for the lazy students of this world?

... yeah, that sounds about right.
Nah, I mean, whats to stop other muscle types from doing that...what is it called...flexation relaxation thing? The one where the smooth muscle tenses up when it stretches in order to retain contractile strength and not get over extended.

I'd just prefer if the body could be a little bit more standardized.

Also, I'd like they to stop naming body parts seemingly at fucking random with no real conventions as to how they choose the name. Or I should say, with way too many different and often conflicting conventions.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23990 on: October 26, 2015, 06:03:25 pm »

Isn't everyone?
Sig! Onol

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23991 on: October 26, 2015, 06:52:58 pm »

Isn't everyone?
alas, if only I had an inclination as to how I could do it.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #23992 on: October 26, 2015, 06:53:22 pm »

No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23993 on: October 26, 2015, 07:05:45 pm »

Isn't everyone?

Yes, but not in ER. Wrong RTD.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #23994 on: October 26, 2015, 07:18:19 pm »

Ok, so here's something everyone can do for me. The following characters are in the game:

Lars
Mesk
Faith
Jim
Pancaek
Xan
Renen
Milno

Those players that are still around controlling those characters, give me a few sentences about their general character, how they act, how they respond to pressure, what their desires are, etc. Basic character info.

Those whose controllers aren't around, the rest of you can give me an impression of their character.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #23995 on: October 26, 2015, 07:33:40 pm »

Wait, nevermind. You're talking about a different game.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #23996 on: October 26, 2015, 09:16:22 pm »

Mesk: "I will Kick the Health into/out of you!" "I'm hungry." "Goddammit Jim, Not My Spine again!" "Give me a Sandwich."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23997 on: October 26, 2015, 09:32:03 pm »

Quote from: piecewise
Excuse to blather about character motivations
*cracks knuckles*

So this depends on what Xan we're talking about. Current Xan, pre-flesh horror Xan (I know it isn't this one), first flesh horror Xan, or second flesh horror Xan.

Original Xan, pre-flesh horror: Basically a few steps away from an animal. No social skills whatsoever, runs mostly on survival instinct and greed. A bit of rational thought, but not much. Considers natural state of all life to be death, and given the opportunity will endeavour to convert alive people over to this natural state. He doesn't consider himself alive either due to not really having realized it. Desires essentially to convert life over to the natural state and for more power. Generally panicks under pressure, lashes out at full force with all he can muster. Very easily pissed off.

First flesh horror Xan: More developed as a person; considers himself a step above everything else apart from the Doctor, who he reveres almost as a god, and the AM who he knows could squash him like a bug if she wished. Incredibly arrogant, think kinda Semi-Perfect or Perfect Cell from DBZ. Basically classic villain, arrogant, cruel, hunger for more power, immortality, etc. He'll generally drop at least one new clone of himself on each new planet he gets to in order to ensure that if he's destroyed he survives in some manner. He has some capacity for social interaction if the people impress him through durability or sheer luck (see his quasi-friendship with Stacy). Possesses the capacity for subtlety, but not really all that much and he prefers to assume intimidating forms. He's better at responding to pressure than pre-horror Xan but if something's obviously about to kill him he'll drop everything and escape as fast as he can. Selfish, megalomaniacal, arrogant, cruel, with a strong self-preservation instinct. 

Dan (called such because I disguised myself as a guy named Dan): Basically the above but seriously tempered by the revelation that he died by being incautious. Way more subtle, etc. Still has some trouble with social interaction, but he can effectively disguise himself as a random person if he needs to. Basically the above Xan but smarter.

Xanessa: If pre-horror Xan was a low-functioning sociopath, Xanessa's a high-functioning example. Totally cool under pressure and able to recognize when to run away and when to fight, able to keep up a convincing false identity for a prolonged period of time, etc. Keeps a running tally of those who have done her wrong and intends to repay them at a future point. Has an end goal that you likely know from my PMs on the subject. Also instead of seeing the Doctor as a god like the other versions of Xan, sees him as a very skilled and very dangerous individual, worthy of respect but not blind admiration or devotion. Intends to study under him at some point. 

I keep a lot in my head.
Sig! Onol

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23998 on: October 26, 2015, 09:57:37 pm »

Is this Renen before or after he suppressed his urges so hard he became asexual?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23999 on: October 26, 2015, 10:00:25 pm »

I'll say that my impression of Renen was that he basically accidentally turned himself into an emotional robot. He just kinda did things without any particular reason to do them or not, just as likely to go slice up a bunch of sods in a nanosecond as he was to watch the pretty explosions with Lyra.

Basically the ultimate chill guy who also happened to be an incredible fighter by way of Doc enhancements.
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 1598 1599 [1600] 1601 1602 ... 2205