Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1597 1598 [1599] 1600 1601 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2486943 times)

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #23970 on: October 26, 2015, 10:29:42 am »

I'm just trying to figure out what I'd know that isn't in the doc I posted, lol.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23971 on: October 26, 2015, 10:31:36 am »

That's an interesting picture! Still no idea what you're going on about, though.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23972 on: October 26, 2015, 10:36:14 am »

<Hapah> And man, I dunno. Xan would at least talk to me. U_P would cold stab my ass.
<Hapah> I do worry about U_P murdering me

I found the source of these comments.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23973 on: October 26, 2015, 10:39:12 am »

Quick, volunteer for M25 and hop into stasis pod! Steve doesn't let people damage his volunteers who have already been processed for the mission.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23974 on: October 26, 2015, 10:40:36 am »

Well sure ya did U_P, but that's not a secret! Hell, I put caveats on using that button so people don't print tokens.

Nik, no way I'm going to M25. Noooo way.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23975 on: October 26, 2015, 10:43:22 am »

yeah I havent read that in months...
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #23976 on: October 26, 2015, 10:49:11 am »

Well sure ya did U_P, but that's not a secret! Hell, I put caveats on using that button so people don't print tokens.

You should totally come! It's pretty neat here, you can stare into the black void foreeeeever.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23977 on: October 26, 2015, 11:01:04 am »

Why so serious?

No problem. Just throwing in an idea of quick and reliable escape from other characters' machinations, and hoping share some genuine fun. Because "mindfuck missions" are competing in rarity only with exploration missions (and often overlap, of course), and the team assembled looks like "all stars" episode. Faith Valentine came out of stasis to join in, can you believe it?..  :P

I'm honestly really excited for M25, even though we (M21) probably would be just "hostage NPCs" in there.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23978 on: October 26, 2015, 12:12:39 pm »

Volunteer for the mission.

Umm, isn't Faith full sythflesh? So wouldn't flying into a warp containing an angry god who has some control over sythflesh be a very bad idea?

So is Miyamoto and he's going too. It should be fine as long as they keep amps and manips away from themselves.

And seriously RC, kick your manip away already.

I'm waiting for on-ship update and some sort of IC explanation. If no such thing comes next turn, I'll just kick it in myself and start asking Steve questions based on the gravity and murderspike thing (and then brief people IC if pw isn't doing it).

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #23979 on: October 26, 2015, 01:05:45 pm »

Exam today. Posts tomorrow.

chemical mechanisms of muscles woo!

Don't forget the calcium, PW! The calcium is key! It's what makes the tropomyosin move its fat ass and let the real myosin take its place!
Oh, that stuff is easy. Muscle contraction is a nice simple electro-mechanical process. One action after another. At least in skeletal muscle and cardiac muscle.

Of course smooth muscle has to be special and use myosin light chain kinase and calmodulin and stuff. Doesn't even have an organized sarcomere structure.

Get your shit together smooth muscle.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23980 on: October 26, 2015, 01:12:01 pm »

Don't forget the calcium, PW! The calcium is key! It's what makes the tropomyosin move its fat ass and let the real myosin take its place!
Oh, that stuff is easy. Muscle contraction is a nice simple electro-mechanical process. One action after another. At least in skeletal muscle and cardiac muscle.

Of course smooth muscle has to be special and use myosin light chain kinase and calmodulin and stuff. Doesn't even have an organized sarcomere structure.

"Screw you piecewise, let's see how you like it if all your arteries and veins contract at the same time while your gut spams like a rabid dog."

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23981 on: October 26, 2015, 01:17:36 pm »

Steroids make them bigger. Lactic acid... Is a thing.

Thus concludes my knowledge of muscle chemistry.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #23982 on: October 26, 2015, 01:22:47 pm »

"Screw you piecewise, let's see how you like it if all your arteries and veins contract at the same time while your gut spams like a rabid dog."

Listen, I know it serves a purpose with the whole slower, longer contractions but I'm sure you could just do some sort of "Even slower oxidative fibers"  and careful use of graded force.

You guys don't even have t-tubules! Half assed caveolae.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #23983 on: October 26, 2015, 01:24:40 pm »

I think I saw PW hanging around in the students' bar earlier.

By that I mean there is a Halloween skeleton on one of the walls in the students' bar.

No, I wasn't drinking in the students' bar at 10AM. I passed by on the way to the students' coffee shop to get some tea.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think veins have muscular walls...
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23984 on: October 26, 2015, 01:39:15 pm »

I think I saw PW hanging around in the students' bar earlier.

By that I mean there is a Halloween skeleton on one of the walls in the students' bar.

No, I wasn't drinking in the students' bar at 10AM. I passed by on the way to the students' coffee shop to get some tea.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think veins have muscular walls...

They do have some smooth muscle far as I know.

In general, veins function to return deoxygenated blood to the heart, and are essentially tubes that collapse when their lumens are not filled with blood. The thick outermost layer of a vein is made of connective tissue, called tunica adventitia or tunica externa. There is a middle layer bands of smooth muscle called tunica media, which are, in general, thin, as veins do not function primarily in a contractile manner.
Neurogenic and hypovolaemic shock can also cause fainting. In these cases, the smooth muscles surrounding the veins become slack and the veins fill with the majority of the blood in the body, keeping blood away from the brain and causing unconsciousness. Jet pilots wear pressurized suits to help maintain their venous return and blood pressure.

so they do, and it has a function (and can go wrong in certain circumstances).

Listen, I know it serves a purpose with the whole slower, longer contractions but I'm sure you could just do some sort of "Even slower oxidative fibers"  and careful use of graded force.

So what, the body should sacrifice benefits such as greater elasticity of this kind of muscle (useful for eg the bladder to be able to expand more while still being able to contract and empty itself) to make studying it a little easier for the lazy students of this world?

... yeah, that sounds about right.

Pages: 1 ... 1597 1598 [1599] 1600 1601 ... 2205