Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1594 1595 [1596] 1597 1598 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2487112 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #23925 on: October 25, 2015, 02:20:55 pm »

I don't remember, what with the system change and all. I vaguely recall a character swapping out two of his skills, so he shuffled his +1 in something to something else, in the old system. Is that still a thing?
But if people really want to change skills, we'll let them do it for...hmm 5 tokens? That seems reasonable right?
So I didn't see this before.
Would ... would I feasibly be able to do this, on-mission as I am, or would waiting for the mission to be over be better?
Because I kinda wanna jack Med as high as I possibly can in order to do [Xantalos Brand Vague Allusion To Future Events] correctly.

But I'm kinda uncertain how that'd work out since I built Xan from the respec with a +2 to start in exo, and added 15 points to get that +3. I'm guessing asking to put those +2 straight into my Med skill would be kinda unfair, but could something feasibly be done in this regard? Any ideas?

YO PIECEWISE PAY ATTENTION TO ME AND MY REASONABLE POWERGAMING
Imma be annoying and bring this up from the depths of the thread.

Might I, oh skeleton god-computer?
You'd have to wait till after the mission, and it costs 5 for every skill changed, but you can do it. You can't go above +4.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23926 on: October 25, 2015, 02:50:43 pm »

Wouldn't it be a little unfair to allow to shift a +2 into a +2 to get +4? I mean, the boundary for the next skill level increases incrementally for a reason, right?

Perhaps a better way might be to allow the shifting of skills at a ratio of 1-2 skill points per 1 token?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23927 on: October 25, 2015, 02:55:24 pm »

Tyrant's fist
A metal gauntlet that uses telerifle-based tech to allow the user to teleport small distances. Uses bluerad power cells which save on weight by ditching any radiation shielding, instead dropping the cell just before teleportation. This has the downside of irradiating the area the user leaves from. Teleporting into an occupied space may have serious side effects.
Cost ~15 Token. Requires Exo +2.
Interesting idea for a system but why put it in a fist?
Because it's cool.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23928 on: October 25, 2015, 02:56:13 pm »

Wouldn't it be a little unfair to allow to shift a +2 into a +2 to get +4? I mean, the boundary for the next skill level increases incrementally for a reason, right?

That's impossible at the moment. I mean, chargen cannot go above +2, and it takes 15 points to get to +2 from +0 - equal to getting from +2 to +3, as usual.

I wouldn't assume the general rules of level-up and char-gen were allowed to be violated unless specifically stated so.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #23929 on: October 25, 2015, 02:57:26 pm »

Perhaps a better way might be to allow the shifting of skills at a ratio of 1-2 skill points per 1 token?
Yeah, we should actually do it by points, not +'s.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23930 on: October 25, 2015, 03:00:58 pm »

Well, Cthunkan's going to get beaten up by someone when the next mission ends. :P
One wheel short of a wagon

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23931 on: October 25, 2015, 03:04:23 pm »

Seeing as you're here, , PW, can you goldsmith me in M24 for the next 5 days? I put it in my action, don't worry.
One wheel short of a wagon

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #23932 on: October 25, 2015, 03:19:52 pm »

I thought we switched skills? Like, say you've got a +1 in aux and +4 in uncon, you pay 5 tokens and end up with +4 aux and +1 uncon

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #23933 on: October 25, 2015, 04:08:40 pm »

I thought we switched skills? Like, say you've got a +1 in aux and +4 in uncon, you pay 5 tokens and end up with +4 aux and +1 uncon
That could work too. But in that cause it's equal movement of points too.

I dunno.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23934 on: October 25, 2015, 04:10:20 pm »

I dunno.

Perhaps allow to move 5 points per token? That way higher levels cost more.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #23935 on: October 25, 2015, 04:15:26 pm »

Yer hurting me, pw. First you take me toys, now yer bleedin me dry if I want to switch professions. Argh, truly the age of the space wizards is over. All hail the age of dakka.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23936 on: October 25, 2015, 04:26:05 pm »

Naaaah. The age of space witch-kings is dawning upon us. One just has to switch the gears and prepare for the inevitable dangers of the trade.

Sticking your dick into alien gods has never been so readily possible.

I dunno.

Perhaps allow to move 5 points per token? That way higher levels cost more.

The problem with that is that it makes it too cheap for lower levels; do we want that?
To put in perspective: it means that every mission a +1 skill can be changed around to better suit you. For a single damned token.

Hmmm...
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #23937 on: October 25, 2015, 04:28:05 pm »

At the same time, that's 5 tokens down the drain with no hope of ever getting them back, so even if you switch from Con to Uncon, you'll probably be permanently poor.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23938 on: October 25, 2015, 04:28:56 pm »

Well, if it's done by points, then you still get to switch professions with similar effectiveness. Those 20 points (15, actually) you need to get +4 from +3 can go into a skill with 0 to make it +2. And if you're starting out in a new profession, doesn't it make sense that you can only get so far with corrective brain surgery? At some point you've got to, like, learn something. Apply skills, you know.

I dunno either, really, just feels really wrong to let someone become a master in a new profession just like that. Cheapens mastery and all that.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23939 on: October 25, 2015, 04:31:42 pm »

I have no intention of shifting Lyra out of Exo, even if amps become 100% unuseable, so I honestly don't care about the role-swap rules.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 1594 1595 [1596] 1597 1598 ... 2205