Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1586 1587 [1588] 1589 1590 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2484989 times)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #23805 on: October 21, 2015, 07:42:34 pm »

Wow.  That's quite the revenge story.  Was the magister deranged or was it a common practice on the planet?  Either way, she's got some great motivation.
Let's see everyone who works on the surface looks like charred rock and are close to non sentience but are hulking brutes Abigails brother is among them then theirs the people who only occasionally have to go to the surface which includes abigail hence the bad lungs gray skin and vitamin deficiency from lack of proper nutrition which faded her black hair and gave her hair a major deficiency resulting in gray streaks and on this level everyone is either mostly insane or partially insane Abigails only still sane becuase her parents were important and then we have the rich class never has to go to the surface and are albinos Abigails parents becuase of their job keeping pure oxygen working on this section get to live here and the magister killed them frankly for the Lols he's frankly completely insane and wants to rule everyone as mindless slaves to do his bidding
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23806 on: October 21, 2015, 08:12:25 pm »

Don't mind me, just working through the Sue checklist...

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23807 on: October 21, 2015, 08:16:07 pm »

Aw, Dev, be nice to the new kid...

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23808 on: October 21, 2015, 08:22:34 pm »

Eh she's not a sue becuase she's definitely not perfect she actually has disadvantages in mind she can't read is and quite frankly she's likely to die becuase she's reckless and not that intelligent along with having her combat skil being ridiculously dangerous

In case anyone is wondering i had all this backstory when i made the charcter and ommited a lot to make it not ridiculously long
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #23809 on: October 22, 2015, 02:48:27 am »

I don't remember, what with the system change and all. I vaguely recall a character swapping out two of his skills, so he shuffled his +1 in something to something else, in the old system. Is that still a thing?
But if people really want to change skills, we'll let them do it for...hmm 5 tokens? That seems reasonable right?
So I didn't see this before.
Would ... would I feasibly be able to do this, on-mission as I am, or would waiting for the mission to be over be better?
Because I kinda wanna jack Med as high as I possibly can in order to do [Xantalos Brand Vague Allusion To Future Events] correctly.

But I'm kinda uncertain how that'd work out since I built Xan from the respec with a +2 to start in exo, and added 15 points to get that +3. I'm guessing asking to put those +2 straight into my Med skill would be kinda unfair, but could something feasibly be done in this regard? Any ideas?

YO PIECEWISE PAY ATTENTION TO ME AND MY REASONABLE POWERGAMING
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23810 on: October 22, 2015, 05:21:12 am »

-snip-

Oh dear. Speaking from experience, you know the person us up to... something special, when mere +4 Mastery is not enough for him.

Go go Xan! (For the record: you already have initial +2 in Med from chargen, judging by the wiki stats, so you are probably speaking about shifting the level-up points, not chargen bonuses/penalties. Or, more likely, you meant something else and I misunderstood you.)
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23811 on: October 22, 2015, 08:26:32 am »

Eh she's not a sue becuase she's definitely not perfect she actually has disadvantages in mind she can't read is and quite frankly she's likely to die becuase she's reckless and not that intelligent along with having her combat skil being ridiculously dangerous

In case anyone is wondering i had all this backstory when i made the charcter and ommited a lot to make it not ridiculously long

Just because a Char has negative characteristic doesn't mean it can't be a sue. There's an online test for sueness, iirc
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23812 on: October 22, 2015, 11:17:49 am »

-snip-

Oh dear. Speaking from experience, you know the person us up to... something special, when mere +4 Mastery is not enough for him.

Go go Xan! (For the record: you already have initial +2 in Med from chargen, judging by the wiki stats, so you are probably speaking about shifting the level-up points, not chargen bonuses/penalties. Or, more likely, you meant something else and I misunderstood you.)
Yeah, I've planz in da making.
But what I was meaning was would it theoretically be possible for me to, with the respec that PW offered, get rid of my whole +3 investment in Exo, including the chargen boost I gave myself, and pump it all into Med. Thing is I'm not sure if that'd be wholly fair or not.
Sig! Onol

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23813 on: October 22, 2015, 11:46:48 am »

For that big of a change I feel like there might be a significant amount of danger involved with that.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23814 on: October 22, 2015, 12:09:14 pm »

Thing is I was initially going with that +4 Med was enough for my purposes, and I would make up the difference with some other skill boosts that don't quite matter now. Because with the amps compromised I don't wanna risk screwing over my end goal by adding an alien god into the mix, which is dangerous enough as it is. So I figure I can make up the difference with sheer medical expertise.
Sig! Onol

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23815 on: October 22, 2015, 01:50:42 pm »

It's okay, man, everyone writes a sue at some point.  Some of them even get regularly published.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23816 on: October 22, 2015, 02:21:52 pm »

It's okay, man, everyone writes a sue at some point.  Some of them even get regularly published.
I forced myself to go through an old PbP campaign from like six years back and URRRRRGH my character was so sueusesueusuesseususeu
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23817 on: October 22, 2015, 03:16:43 pm »

Thing is I was initially going with that +4 Med was enough for my purposes, and I would make up the difference with some other skill boosts that don't quite matter now. Because with the amps compromised I don't wanna risk screwing over my end goal by adding an alien god into the mix, which is dangerous enough as it is. So I figure I can make up the difference with sheer medical expertise.

Well, my point was that unless you're adding an alien god into the mix, +4 should do you just fine. I checked, I really did. And you can always just buy and use a Med battle-stimm if you think you really need it, after all.

Anyway, while the 15 points spent on +2 -> +3 Exo can theoretically be dumped into Med, sure, I'm not quite certain what you mean to do with the rest of that Exo bonus, as it's impossible to get any skill/stat bonus from chargen higher than +2 (and you already have +2 to Med initial). Maybe you intended to dump them into GenKnow or something (to 'facilitate' Med skill or whatever)?.. Or just spread around for a more balanced career?.. Anyway, the matter of rebalancing chargen should be interesting and useful of itself, if available.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23818 on: October 22, 2015, 03:20:43 pm »

Oh I intend to buy a med stim and use it in the procedure, but I wanna be ... careful. Too much risk for things to go wrong without me adding alien god influence into it as well.

Hey at least it decreases my token cost for the total thing.

But that's why I'm asking, since it'll affect how I distribute the points.
Sig! Onol

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23819 on: October 22, 2015, 03:35:44 pm »

@Xan Sure. Uh, anyway, my main point was that I couldn't quite understand what you wanted (and still cannot), thus Piecewise might be similarly confused. Maybe not, but just a word of caution. Maybe I'm the only one in confusion and everyone else sees the matter perfectly clear.  :D

Sometimes, sentiments like these are what make me anti-anti-sueist. I really don't mind trying to better the quality (believability, etc.) of player characters, but sometimes this is bordering on, ah, "witch hunts" and "mass repressions". Should it really be this harsh?

Maybe a drinking game could be used instead? Such as, if you think you've spotted a Sue trope, you take a drink of whatever your favourite beverage is. Works for Darths&Droids, works for us? :P
Past Sigs
Pages: 1 ... 1586 1587 [1588] 1589 1590 ... 2205