Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1580 1581 [1582] 1583 1584 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2485219 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #23715 on: October 20, 2015, 03:08:29 pm »

So this means we can't use the Sword cannons as much anymore, right? Which makes Radio's air support plane much more important.
Are things like the plasma projector no longer for sale, or just less predictable?

You know what, after this I'm designing a tank and then we just drown everything in ordnance.

"What's that, you saw something moving from the corner of your eye? OK ARTILLERY INCOMING."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23716 on: October 20, 2015, 03:10:07 pm »

So this means we can't use the Sword cannons as much anymore, right? Which makes Radio's air support plane much more important.
Are things like the plasma projector no longer for sale, or just less predictable?

You know what, after this I'm designing a tank and then we just drown everything in ordnance.

"What's that, you saw something moving from the corner of your eye? OK ARTILLERY INCOMING."
[1] The tanks kill the team, then each other
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23717 on: October 20, 2015, 03:10:45 pm »

[1] The tanks kill the team, then each other

Defense of Hephaestus, anyone?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #23718 on: October 20, 2015, 03:15:13 pm »

I fail to see how this is different from what we already do.

2. Space magic has become far more dangerous. Look at your uncon/exo score. See the +X next to it? Thats the number of times you can use Space magic without any extra danger.  Any times more than that and you start getting increasingly hard rolls in the background. The more you use it, the more unstable it becomes, and if you use it too much, you might end up harboring something none too friendly.
I'm going to stand up
Synthflesh seems...mostly unaffected so long as it remains in relatively small quantities. However, too much of it or putting it in close proximity to amps and manips can result in strange effects. Kinetic amps seem to be unaffected for the large part but their outputs are more difficult to guess now, and can often be under or overpowered.
Go sit in a corner
Also, unknown future consequences which I'm sure the few people in the know are worried about right now! Yay!
And bawl until my eyes bleed out.
It will be ok Radio, you're still powerful, it's just a more dangerous power. Avatars were always too safe anyways!

Quick question: we know the Avatar is big enough to harbor murderous intent against all life. Is that big enough for some Reality Breakage?

And question two, what's going to happen to the Armory Master? She's packed to the gills with space magic, no?
It depends. As long as he's not stressing it, then no. But if he starts using it beyond normal casual actions, the die starts rolling.

She'll be...Ok, she won't be fine. But she'll be alive. For now. You probably won't see her much for a while though.

I'm guessing we'll see the effects on the AM soon enough. Anyone wanna go buy anything?

Also, heeeeey pw, now that we'll need to build all these new toys to replace the ones Maurice M21 broke, can we have Hep updates again? Gotta drive you mad to fix my broken spacemagic heart~
We'll create a bunch of new stuff alright. We should do that one of these days over IRC. Get a bunch of stuff made at once.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23719 on: October 20, 2015, 03:20:22 pm »

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #23720 on: October 20, 2015, 03:25:21 pm »

How much do we reckon a howitzer would cost? now we can't get any magic explosions, JUST HAVE NORMAL ONES IN GREATER QUANTITY!
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23721 on: October 20, 2015, 03:51:26 pm »

Did lars get Eddie's message?
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23723 on: October 20, 2015, 04:10:54 pm »

Imagine the joy Devastator must be feeling.

But this is one emotional rollercoaster. I don't know what to wish for anymore.

I'm a little ambivalent.

It's not quite an enormous cock-up due to bad decisions, except for the decision to flee in a spaceship guaranteed some space magic survived to be eaten.

It's also doesn't seem like a net win for the galactic population.  The war continues, and Steve's going to kill more guys, and in a fairly significant way everything's closer to ending.

So yeah, not much joy.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23724 on: October 20, 2015, 04:53:36 pm »

Congratulations 14 year old first mission comes equipped with standard suit mass murder amp and a medkit if only abigail knew what she's getting herself into by volunteering for this mission.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 05:16:51 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23725 on: October 20, 2015, 05:19:40 pm »

Dawwwww, I would have loved to be around to volunteer for m25
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23726 on: October 20, 2015, 05:21:12 pm »

You might still be able too they need 10 people :)
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #23727 on: October 20, 2015, 05:22:09 pm »

They're on M23.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23728 on: October 20, 2015, 05:40:53 pm »

Yeah, Vincent has no idea anything at all has happened, the only hint is his team is being pushed for faster results
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23729 on: October 20, 2015, 05:54:01 pm »

Do we get full refunds if we turn in our existing origin tech?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.
Pages: 1 ... 1580 1581 [1582] 1583 1584 ... 2205