Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1570 1571 [1572] 1573 1574 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2487100 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #23565 on: October 16, 2015, 11:15:54 pm »

What, like the HEP or that electric shard projector?
Speaking of, how are you gonna handle Amps and Manips? Are they just gonna be Sci-Fi wands or are you thinking of something a bit more close to home?
Obviously they will be Sci-Fi wands that are powered by in-game micro-transactions which rather than charging money, require you to pledge a portion of your soul to the Origin! :P
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23566 on: October 17, 2015, 02:31:33 am »

Maybe they should had split the group in two or more and tried to get comms from the inside to the outside of the dome. That might have been the way to do it. Steve might have been able to provide some info and a way to deal with this. Or at least call exterminatus on the planet more quickly.

Then again, the dome might have been our universe's defence mechanism. Like an inflammation surrounding a wound. The alien god seems to spread via information or patterns or something like that. And the dome seems to have been made to restrict all outwards going info. So maybe establishing a way for information to get out of the dome would had broken quarantine and let the alien god in sooner.

I was going to do experiments about that, but then we all got suddenly showed inside before I could confirm anything.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #23567 on: October 17, 2015, 02:49:04 am »

Speaking of, how are you gonna handle Amps and Manips? Are they just gonna be Sci-Fi wands or are you thinking of something a bit more close to home?
Obviously they will be Sci-Fi wands that are powered by in-game micro-transactions which rather than charging money, require you to pledge a portion of your soul to the Origin! :P
Amps are powered by EA?

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23568 on: October 17, 2015, 07:01:44 pm »

Are you making a Einsteinian roulette rpg? Is that what your talking about?
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23569 on: October 17, 2015, 07:10:26 pm »

Amps are powered by EA?
Well, they are exclusive to the Origin...
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #23570 on: October 17, 2015, 07:28:20 pm »

Are you making a Einsteinian roulette rpg? Is that what your talking about?
Yes, something like that. he showed us some of his early work further back in this thread.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23571 on: October 17, 2015, 07:55:08 pm »

Duuuuuuuuuddddeee..... Sweeeeeeeet

Edit: Also I just finished reading all of Mission 21 (by all, I mean Piecewise's posts), and am still a bit confused on what part has lead to synthflesh and other "origin" tech (What IS origin tech btw?) being compromised? I read the part where amp's became compromised, although, only to the point of a counter attack, but what part said everything else was fucked too?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 10:26:48 pm by Kedly »
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23572 on: October 18, 2015, 03:30:04 am »

Alien gods, man. Can't live with them, can't have a Game Over without them.

Dester has the right idea. Assist in any way I can. Probably just performing surgeries.
you can oversee the doctors and continue overseeinghte establishment of secondary locations too. I put that in my orders up in my action post.

Quote from: Vincent to: Dester
Is it alright if Petra handles this one? I can come back up in an emergency, but I have a quite a bit of work ahead of me laying the groundwork for my plan

(Man I wish that conversation  between you and Petra was viewable to Vincent,  he would totally comment about how nice it was to finally not have to constantly fear death (Vincent's mission track record isn't that great) )
((I kinda wish I had cc'd that to him. I made a funny, though Dester sees nothing funny about the situation. Well, except for the cat ears and tail on our stasis sick leader. And the orangutan or whichever primate we have wandering the Alpha base.))

It's a miniature orangutan. And I damn well plan on keeping it for as long as I can.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23573 on: October 18, 2015, 03:52:32 am »

Edit: Also I just finished reading all of Mission 21 (by all, I mean Piecewise's posts), and am still a bit confused on what part has lead to synthflesh and other "origin" tech (What IS origin tech btw?) being compromised? I read the part where amp's became compromised, although, only to the point of a counter attack, but what part said everything else was fucked too?

Okay so Origin tech is a certain, most common kind of Fucking Space Magic Shit. Amps, synthflesh, and kinamps all use it. Oh, and automanips, which is why M21 are in big trouble (spaceships use 'em)

Its compromised because Steve is pretty sure this space god asshole comes from Origin, whatever Origin is, and therefore can spread its influence through any piece of Origin tech if it gets a hold of a piece.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #23574 on: October 18, 2015, 06:42:18 am »

I'm pretty sure the problem is that there is the possibility the alien god can spread through and take over all Origin-based space magic simply by touching it, because apparently all origin tech is already interconnected somehow. It was revealed in a PM from Steve: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=152007.msg6548252#msg6548252

And since the entire ARM and UWM rely on Origin tech for most of the things that allow them to fight and help them travel through the stars, that would be bad news. Some of the most important parts of humanity's infrastructure would be turned against it.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23575 on: October 18, 2015, 10:34:51 am »

Your should read a bit more than just PW's posts.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #23576 on: October 18, 2015, 01:29:10 pm »

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23577 on: October 18, 2015, 01:31:57 pm »

Thanks for the link, and yeah, I know I'm missing out on some info when I only read PW's posts, but to do otherwise would take significantly longer. On the missions I am on I do this, but when Im catching up on other missions, like I said, takes to long

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23578 on: October 18, 2015, 02:56:13 pm »

Hey everyone how do your characters sound like? (Ex:accent,tone,quality of voice ex scratchy rough hoarse)
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23579 on: October 18, 2015, 02:58:54 pm »

Well, mine was a gamer in a military sim for several decades, so either like a longterm soldier, or this :P

Colour is a clue.
One wheel short of a wagon
Pages: 1 ... 1570 1571 [1572] 1573 1574 ... 2205