Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1563 1564 [1565] 1566 1567 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2486982 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #23460 on: October 13, 2015, 02:05:11 am »

Ulrich's just jelly of their intimate bond.

So jelly.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23461 on: October 13, 2015, 02:14:22 am »

I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #23462 on: October 13, 2015, 03:54:36 am »

Sneaky RC has gotten piecewise to do tinker on the on ship thread.
Just remember that forcefields fail when the energy applied to them in a certain timespan exceeds a certain limit. So applying multiple shocks to them like that might make them exceed that limit faster.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23463 on: October 13, 2015, 04:00:59 am »

Sneaky RC has gotten piecewise to do tinker on the on ship thread.
Just remember that forcefields fail when the energy applied to them in a certain timespan exceeds a certain limit. So applying multiple shocks to them like that might make them exceed that limit faster.

Nooo, don't say it out loud! PW's distractedness is like a silence, it disappears once you call it out!

But seriously, it just kinda happened, and now I'm questioning him until he shunts my ass to tinker or I find out what I need.

And yeah, I'm gonna try multiple approaches and then ask him or test in vr which works best or is most sturdy. Not that I will be able to buy it in the near future anyways, but still.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23464 on: October 13, 2015, 04:20:14 am »

Nyars cannot pop your kneecaps, but perhaps TOTAL DOMINATION can.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23465 on: October 13, 2015, 06:30:14 am »

Hey, M21, does anyone else other than Hasala/Swordsmith04 also think we should clear up with Steve on the matter of our escape ship being targeted? I think there's a certain chance that it is, but not very big (or Steve would have mentioned it) and we have to take our chances with it not being destroyed via "What Needs To Be Done" order.

@AoshimaMichio If you want so, Maurice can still help Hasala refuel and then stick to Ulrich as his ride. :P

Also, woo! I'm finally in the "slashfic" club! In your face, Steve!
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #23466 on: October 13, 2015, 09:08:45 am »

Wtf, swordsmith04? Does Hasala secretly love Maurice or something?
No, but I love his above-zero Aux score when refueling a MkIII in the field is part of the plan :P

Hey, M21, does anyone else other than Hasala/Swordsmith04 also think we should clear up with Steve on the matter of our escape ship being targeted? I think there's a certain chance that it is, but not very big (or Steve would have mentioned it) and we have to take our chances with it not being destroyed via "What Needs To Be Done" order.

@AoshimaMichio If you want so, Maurice can still help Hasala refuel and then stick to Ulrich as his ride. :P

Also, woo! I'm finally in the "slashfic" club! In your face, Steve!
I'm not really all that concerned about refueling at the shuttle. I'm trying to take fuel with me so I can refuel once we're kilometres away from it, which is why I'm insisting on the one character with Aux coming with me. If Maurice goes with Ulrich, then stopping to refuel would mean both MkIIIs stopping and landing so a character carried by one MkIII can refuel the other (or flying dangerously close to one another at 100kph). If Maurice goes with Hasala, refueling might not even require landing, first. Which admittedly isn't saving much time if Hasala actually gets into a fight with Ulrich before leaving the shuttle, but eh.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23467 on: October 13, 2015, 12:31:36 pm »

Refueling in midflight sounds dangerous and prone for accidents.

@Nik: I would probably be good idea to check with Steve, but I'm not sure if Ulrich would consider about on-ship automanips.
Old sigs.
Games.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #23468 on: October 13, 2015, 02:38:18 pm »

Nooo, don't say it out loud! PW's distractedness is like a silence, it disappears once you call it out!

You Don't Say.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23469 on: October 13, 2015, 02:53:09 pm »

M24 is going to be M6 all over again.

>Maurice: The research crew thank you for your thoroughness but also inform you that they, and I'm quoting, "Don't need so many fucking jars of fucking living sand."
Old sigs.
Games.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #23470 on: October 13, 2015, 05:26:55 pm »

((Okay, I'll add that.))
"I understand your concerns and your... many guns.  I'll wait until we've returned to the ship to assist in any testing."
Note that Flint said to stay far enough away from the others so as to not endanger any people who don't want to play with the artefact. And that he disagrees with you working on potentially dangerous and unknown things during the mission but he will let you do that as long as you do not endanger the others. Not that he'd shoot you if you tested it. EDIT: Well, I guess he did say he'd shoot you if you tested it, but only if such a thing was necessary because you got possessed by alien beans or something similarly dangerous had happened.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 05:29:08 pm by Parisbre56 »

Nunzillor

« Reply #23471 on: October 13, 2015, 05:39:57 pm »

Makes sense. The part that seemed vaguely threatening was "I will deal with it.  And you.  Possibly in a way you do not like [...]" which sounds a little like hinting at getting shot.  But I don't Eddie thinks Flint is a brute or a bully, just pragmatic and cautious.  I don't think Flint would really do that unless it was absolutely necessary?  He seems like a nice guy.

It's probably best to wait on the testing anyway, and Eddie doesn't want to cock up the mission.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 06:03:41 pm by Nunzillor »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #23472 on: October 13, 2015, 06:44:46 pm »

Thanks to everyone who is a supporter on my patreon. I actually cashed out the money recently and I'm using it to go to the dentist.

Not the most fun use of it, but when you're a skeleton, cavities are a big deal.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #23473 on: October 13, 2015, 06:47:14 pm »

((Okay, I'll add that.))
"I understand your concerns and your... many guns.  I'll wait until we've returned to the ship to assist in any testing."
Note that Flint said to stay far enough away from the others so as to not endanger any people who don't want to play with the artefact. And that he disagrees with you working on potentially dangerous and unknown things during the mission but he will let you do that as long as you do not endanger the others. Not that he'd shoot you if you tested it. EDIT: Well, I guess he did say he'd shoot you if you tested it, but only if such a thing was necessary because you got possessed by alien beans or something similarly dangerous had happened.
Alien beans or worse - alien salsa!

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23474 on: October 13, 2015, 06:50:41 pm »

Well, thanks for putting up with all our crap! I think I'm getting the better end of this deal, honestly. :)
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.
Pages: 1 ... 1563 1564 [1565] 1566 1567 ... 2205