Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1558 1559 [1560] 1561 1562 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2485590 times)

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #23385 on: October 11, 2015, 07:13:40 am »

Pancaek himself went on to be possessed and raze the very planet he was on to the ground.
I'm flattered. Thank god it's Maurice who had to break the news, or Pan wouldn't have given in so easily.
You are the most dangerous one there who carries origin tech, after all.
Besides, imagine the outcome if Pan had splatted Lucricia against those pillars at mach speed.

I'm thinking if I ever run this game I would allow people with organic characters to pick ancestors from the people Steve dropped off, or mabye even robotic characters who adopted kids, who knows.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23386 on: October 11, 2015, 07:31:28 am »

If someone has set their local time in their forum profile, you can just click on their profile and see  it.

Huh, thanks for reminding me to update my location.

Also, M24 is shaping up to be entertaining indeed. I was worried that the actual objective would be somewhat boring, but now we have inter-team conflict to make up for it! Yay! Also, I haven't been keeping up with M21, but... is there really a chance of amps getting gone depending on the outcome of it?
That would be both crazy and awesome. Mostly awesome- amps make every combat more boring.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #23387 on: October 11, 2015, 07:35:02 am »

And Synthflesh, and Manips, and possibly a large range of Exo hardware.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23388 on: October 11, 2015, 07:36:58 am »

That actually sounds quite fun... the amp users and tinkerers will get over it when the latter has to design new hardware for the former, I'm sure.
One wheel short of a wagon

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23389 on: October 11, 2015, 07:38:29 am »

If someone has set their local time in their forum profile, you can just click on their profile and see  it.

Also, M24 is shaping up to be entertaining indeed. I was worried that the actual objective would be somewhat boring, but now we have inter-team conflict to make up for it! Yay! Also, I haven't been keeping up with M21, but... is there really a chance of amps getting gone depending on the outcome of it?
That would be both crazy and awesome. Mostly awesome- amps make every combat more boring.

More like, it wouldn't stop with just amps. But do not let that bother you; you are currently heading for a very hospitable planet (demon in the fridge notwithstanding), so even if the FTL travel and ARM collapse around you, it might not be so bad!  :D

Then again, you would be cut off in the same system, on the same planet as the Doctor, who might or might not also be affected (because who honestly knows what he is?)... *shudder* If you ask me, I'd rather take my chances running away from waking alien god.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23390 on: October 11, 2015, 08:28:55 am »

More like, it wouldn't stop with just amps. But do not let that bother you; you are currently heading for a very hospitable planet (demon in the fridge notwithstanding), so even if the FTL travel and ARM collapse around you, it might not be so bad!  :D

Then again, you would be cut off in the same system, on the same planet as the Doctor, who might or might not also be affected (because who honestly knows what he is?)... *shudder* If you ask me, I'd rather take my chances running away from waking alien god.

The way it was said, it implied that the asshole god's reach would extend through any source of spacemagic, so I'm pretty sure if M21 fucks up it's Total Game Over
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23391 on: October 11, 2015, 08:30:20 am »

Why didn't we send our biggest teams to deal with it, btw? I recall hearing somewhere that most of the players at that time were on the AOP mission, or was that the less experienced players?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23392 on: October 11, 2015, 09:06:45 am »

Why didn't we send our biggest teams to deal with it, btw? I recall hearing somewhere that most of the players at that time were on the AOP mission, or was that the less experienced players?

Probably because nobody was informed that there would be any emerging space gods in it. And sending fifteen people into a dome that nobody's come out of yet is just plain wasteful. Ten is so much more of a palatable number.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23393 on: October 11, 2015, 09:33:10 am »

[/quot

I disagree that amps are boring they can be used in many creative ways and some of the most notable events involved ampa
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23394 on: October 11, 2015, 09:41:13 am »

additional action:
set laser rifle to lowest intensity setting and high diffusion.
double check settings.
shoot moopli.
Umm, how dangerous is it to get shot with a laser rifle at these settings?
Wait what? When did U_P have that there? Had I known, it would've totally changed the parameters of the argument.

Then again, if it's as weak as a flashlight and not in the visible spectrum, Root would not have noticed at all so I guess it doesn't make a difference. Can't be much of a warning shot if it isn't noticed at all :P

Also, M24 is shaping up to be entertaining indeed. I was worried that the actual objective would be somewhat boring, but now we have inter-team conflict to make up for it! Yay!

The budding interpersonal conflict is mired in the quantum state of serial editing. Second thoughts, second thoughts everywhere!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23395 on: October 11, 2015, 09:44:00 am »

Don't edit unless it's just crossing out, unbolding and replacing an action for the convenience of the GM!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23396 on: October 11, 2015, 09:46:50 am »

Bah. Editing actions is metagaming, IMO. Just gotta let stuff flow, then everyone can be friends after the inevitable teamkilling shootout. No point taking everything so seriously.

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23397 on: October 11, 2015, 09:55:36 am »

Don't edit unless it's just crossing out, unbolding and replacing an action for the convenience of the GM!
Good idea, cleaned up everything.
Bah. Editing actions is metagaming, IMO. Just gotta let stuff flow, then everyone can be friends after the inevitable teamkilling shootout. No point taking everything so seriously.
Oh, I agree completely. I just didn't realize the shootout had already started then ceased to exist ^^
If it's a shootout you want though, I could just taunt Auron some more, but I'll need some, ahem, inducement, cuz Root's mood is already simmering down.

Really, I just want my chance to scream "Help! Help! I'm being oppressed!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 10:04:57 am by Moopli »

Nunzillor

« Reply #23398 on: October 11, 2015, 11:47:47 am »

additional action:
double check settings.
shoot moopli.
Wait what? When did U_P have that there? Had I known, it would've totally changed the parameters of the argument.

Then again, if it's as weak as a flashlight and not in the visible spectrum, Root would not have noticed at all so I guess it doesn't make a difference. Can't be much of a warning shot if it isn't noticed at all :P
Well, it looks like Auron has -1 with conventional weapons.  So it's possible he could accidentally kill or seriously injure Root by messing up the settings, I think.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #23399 on: October 11, 2015, 12:05:04 pm »

additional action:
double check settings.
shoot moopli.

Well, it looks like Auron has -1 with conventional weapons.  So it's possible he could accidentally kill or seriously injure Root by messing up the settings, I think.
Actually, the odds are against Auron. With negative stats, a roll of 6 means you succeed and potentially cause harm or at least inconvenience to others and/or yourself. A roll of 1 however means that you will fail and may end up causing serious, reality bending damage to yourself (eg: getting sunburned by a flash-light laser). And depending on GM interpretation, 2s and 3s might also have that result. After all:
1's will be reality bending disastrous, 6's will be monkey's paws in which the thing gets done, but I as the GM take near fetishistic pleasure in twisting your desires toward some horrible end. Other rolls will generally be varying levels of failure and minor success, with 5's being succeeding through dumb luck.
So, yeah. Not a very good choice.

Wait, does he even have a laser rifle?
Pages: 1 ... 1558 1559 [1560] 1561 1562 ... 2205