Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1539 1540 [1541] 1542 1543 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2488714 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #23100 on: October 09, 2015, 10:36:11 am »

Personally I don't see using phone as excuse, but then again I don't use phone much anyway.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23101 on: October 09, 2015, 10:41:17 am »

Just tap on the period button. Like this.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #23102 on: October 09, 2015, 10:41:23 am »

A panda walks into a restaurant, sits down and orders a sandwich. After he finishes eating the sandwich, the panda pulls out a gun and shoots the waiter, and then stands up to go. "Hey!" shouts the manager. "Where are you going? You just shot my waiter and you didn't pay for your sandwich!"

The panda yells back at the manager, "Hey man, I am a PANDA! Look it up!"

The manager opens his dictionary and sees the following definition for panda: "A tree-dwelling marsupial of Asian origin, characterized by distinct black and white coloring. Eats, shoots and leaves."

Also if I double tap space after the last word my phone puts a period in for me.

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23103 on: October 09, 2015, 10:46:45 am »

This is a really new phone for me only got it a few days ago still haven't learnt how this one works.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23104 on: October 09, 2015, 10:57:54 am »

YOu sHould tr to ype betrte, i ude my pone nd tyoe juts fien.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23105 on: October 09, 2015, 10:59:17 am »

I just have a hell of a lot of trouble reconciling unable to trust doctors not to steal a malfunctioning pair of lungs and effortlessly trusts doctors to put her under total anesthesia and do whatever they want to the inside of her brain at the very least, and while they have her under having the ability to effortlessly do anything else they damn well please.

refusing to see the medbay for basic breathing problems and trusting medbay to perform brain surgery do not mix.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23106 on: October 09, 2015, 11:07:59 am »

I just have a hell of a lot of trouble reconciling unable to trust doctors not to steal a malfunctioning pair of lungs and effortlessly trusts doctors to put her under total anesthesia and do whatever they want to the inside of her brain at the very least, and while they have her under having the ability to effortlessly do anything else they damn well please.

refusing to see the medbay for basic breathing problems and trusting medbay to perform brain surgery do not mix.
Yeah.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23107 on: October 09, 2015, 11:30:26 am »

Abigail did not think about that becuase quite frankly she barely knew what was going on and was most likely knocked out when asking for help installing the amp and the medbay doctor has had a lot of people being immediately knocked out when asking for assistance  in the in character thread it's very likely she was knocked immediately upon asking for help
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 11:32:01 am by AbstractTraitorHero »

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23108 on: October 09, 2015, 11:42:55 am »

The poor punctuation is because I'm writing on my phone, and if I appeared jerky on the OOC thread I'm sorry, I was not trying to be rude. I argue and debate all the time, but I did not know some people find that rude. Abigail does actually have medic skill, so I can definitely use her like a support character.

Does Abigail really appear random? She's gonna be more consistent in the way she acts if she survives. As for being crazy, I see her as unstable and untrusting, and in her mind you were trying to kill her, so by her logic she should be trying to kill you. She doesn't exactly want that, so she is trying to drive you off instead. She does have a personality, and it appeared more when she was talking to milno and others, but when she saw [Lyra] her little mind was blown by the cute anthropomorphic kitty, hence huge overexcitement, hence passout. When she wakes up she's dazed and she acts a little bit normal, but then they try and take her to the doctor, she is deathly afraid of the doctors [who just put her under anaesthesia and might have harvested chunks of her parasympathetic nervous system], so she tries to talk them out of it, and panics when none of her attempts are working.

Normally she's polite and a little shy but she can panic [very easily] and then she gets more heartless and the side of her personality that allowed her to survive on her home is more pronounced. Shes not crazy yet [sure] but she's traumatized from her life on her homeworld and [much] more panicky than usual and unstable because of her parents death which probably feels like it happened a few moments ago.

I do have concrete personality traits assigned to her, shes not random, you just haven't seen her whole personality, and no-one has just one side to them. I want you to know it is really fun debating with you, I got ideas to make this character more survivable, and she is definitely gonna start being more relaxed on ship when she feels like no one wants to murder her onboard. At least the majority don't care, so I think I'm also gonna use that amp experience for abigail to not panic as quickly.

This was a wonderful discussion and if you want to continue we will talk in a more civilized manner then last night :D

I think the important thing to take away here, at least w.r.t. RP, is that we can't understand your character's motivations enough, they are complicated and fickle and will make no sense unless you work to make your RP more coherent. Do what I do, add some internal narrative -- let us read some of her thoughts, so we can see what she's thinking, get a better understanding of why she jumps from one stream of thought (aww cute kitty) to another (WHARGARBL CUTE KITTY HWARGH) or from "sorry guys I'm quite weak of body and mind" to "AAAHDOCTORSFRAKPANICPANICASPLODE". These sorts of jumps need carefully-written explanation or everyone who reads will just write her off. Crazy, unstable characters aren't easy to RP, and we can't really keep having long discussions OOC to justify your crazy character's actions, because they're kinda exhausting. As your character becomes more fleshed-out and believable, we, the players, will accept even the crazy stuff because it will be believably in-character.

Abigail did not think about that becuase quite frankly she barely knew what was going on and was most likely knocked out when asking for help installing the amp and the medbay doctor has had a lot of people being immediately knocked out when asking for assistance  in the in character thread it's very likely she was knocked immediately upon asking for help

So now the important question is, how will Abby react when she discovers that she was, indeed, put unconscious and operated on, on her brain no less, by people who could be considered 'doctors'?

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23109 on: October 09, 2015, 11:57:54 am »

HAHAHAH depends on if someone tells her or if she figures it out herself but i will narrate her thoughts now! i dident really think of that before

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23110 on: October 09, 2015, 12:02:30 pm »

HAHAHAH depends on if someone tells her or if she figures it out herself but i will narrate her thoughts now! i dident really think of that before

Narrating thoughts is a lot of fun -- and it's especially useful when, say, your character freezes in fear, is feeling very shy, or in similar situations where they'll barely say a thing but you still want to get their thoughts out for the players to understand (characters, ofc, can't know unless they read minds or are very good at reading body language).

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23111 on: October 09, 2015, 12:11:24 pm »

this font face okay for thoughts?

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #23112 on: October 09, 2015, 12:13:30 pm »

this font face okay for thoughts?

You can just italic them. Typically, people use fonts for speech, if at all. That might be confusing.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23113 on: October 09, 2015, 12:17:15 pm »

....how do i use italics I've never used em before

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23114 on: October 09, 2015, 12:19:58 pm »

Except Nik who uses italics for speech. Now that's confusing.
[i]italics[/i]. There's a button for various formats above the textbox.

Where do I put bets for number of permadeaths on M24?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 1539 1540 [1541] 1542 1543 ... 2205